GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 11 Dec 2018, 03:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

HEC Paris FAQ/AMA - Get replies from current students/alumni/staff

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Concentration: Nonprofit
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
HEC Paris FAQ/AMA - Get replies from current students/alumni/staff  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2018, 22:07

Post your questions for HEC Paris Students/alumni/staff here.

This topic is part of the GMATClub School Ambassador Project. For a similar topic on other schools, check GMATClub School Ambassador Project

Dear HEC Paris Aspirants,

We are starting this topic where applicants can ask their questions. We have contacted a few current students and they agreed to address the queries of applicants. They will also share their learning experiences, new happenings at HEC Paris in this discussion.

No Profile Evaluations Pls; They will be deleted instantly. Stick to application components and school-related questions. We have a dedicated thread for HEC Paris profile evaluations; Pls use it to get feedback on your profile.

Current HEC Paris Student willing to help! :thumbup: :thumbup:

New project wSTAT(which Schools To Apply To?)

GMATClub School Ambassador

B-School app with GRE

New - RC Butler - 2 RC's everyday

Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Real Estate
Schools: HEC Dec '17 (A)
Re: HEC Paris FAQ/AMA - Get replies from current students/alumni/staff  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2018, 01:04
Thanks workout,

Happy to give back to the gmatclub community.

MBA selection and applications are tough, and I remember being very confused about my applications back when I was applying. Having been through the MBA experience at HEC Paris, I would be glad to help prospective students know more about the school, program, life in France etc.

I understand that you do an MBA once, and sound professional advice matters. Therefore, I am also helping students with their MBA applications and interviews. Feel free to reach out to me via PM for any guidance regarding HEC Paris or MBA in general; or for professional help with MBA admissions.

Regards,
Gautam Sharma

You only do an MBA once, make it count!
Intern
Intern
GPA: 4
Re: HEC Paris FAQ/AMA - Get replies from current students/alumni/staff  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2018, 16:55
I am a mechsnical engineer from MIT Manipal with impressive academics and clear long term goals. By I have been time and again told that a non IITian or non NITian has very little chance with the ADCOM. Is this is fact? Could you also provide the background (College)of selected Indian students in the programme. Should I consider not applying only because my university is not in the top 10?

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Real Estate
Schools: HEC Dec '17 (A)

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2018, 23:55
Hi MySpace,

There is no truth to the fact that Non-IIT, Non-NIT candidates cannot enter the top tier B-schools. Where you went to schools is only one of the parameter in the selection criterias set by Adcoms. My cohort at HEC Paris had students from all range of schools.

There are other criteria which can collectively carry your application forward- such as - academic profile(including GMAT), achievements in school/professional life, the story you present, future aspirations, international exposure etc. The Adcom decision on your application is a weighted average of all the criteria; not just the school you went to. As long as you can put in a strong overall application, you should get an invite to the interview.

Should you need professional guidance on moving forward with applications, feel free to connect with me.

Regards,
Gautam Sharma
+33769391238(WhatsApp)

MySpace wrote:
I am a mechsnical engineer from MIT Manipal with impressive academics and clear long term goals. By I have been time and again told that a non IITian or non NITian has very little chance with the ADCOM. Is this is fact? Could you also provide the background (College)of selected Indian students in the programme. Should I consider not applying only because my university is not in the top 10?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: HEC Paris FAQ/AMA - Get replies from current students/alumni/staff &nbs [#permalink] 03 Dec 2018, 23:55

HEC Paris FAQ/AMA - Get replies from current students/alumni/staff

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: gmatexam439

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap