GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 11 Dec 2019, 19:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

McCombs Class of 2018: Calling all WaitListed Students!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
Reviews Badge
Re: McCombs Class of 2018: Calling all WaitListed Students!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2016, 09:15
BenMBAOver30 wrote:
shahbaaz_99 wrote:
Any news guys?

Still waiting for an interview invite. I think I might wear my iPhone down early from all the times I unlock it and refresh my email each day.

This is the worst waiting game ever haha.

Is there expected to be a second wave of invites? I applied late December and did not receive one either.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2016, 09:35
Adz25 wrote:
BenMBAOver30 wrote:
shahbaaz_99 wrote:
Any news guys?

Still waiting for an interview invite. I think I might wear my iPhone down early from all the times I unlock it and refresh my email each day.

This is the worst waiting game ever haha.

Is there expected to be a second wave of invites? I applied late December and did not receive one either.

Guys, can r1 waitlisted people expect any final admits in coming 2-3 weeks? Any idea from your friends/past experience?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2016, 15:17
So a little heads up, I believe today's the deadline for R1 admitted candidates to decide if they'll matriculate or not. hopefully that'll translate in news for us!
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V39
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2016, 16:05
christianb19 wrote:
So a little heads up, I believe today's the deadline for R1 admitted candidates to decide if they'll matriculate or not. hopefully that'll translate in news for us!

That explain why I got my R2 interview invite today. I'm happy! :-D
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2016, 12:17
Waitlisted

(2 years....second anniversary!)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 10:30
Paul25 wrote:
Waitlisted

Hey buddy, sorry about that. But wish you all the best, hopefully you'll turn it around this year.

When did McCombs come back with a WL final decision last year?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V35
GMAT 2: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.1
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 10:38
yobats wrote:
Paul25 wrote:
Waitlisted

Hey buddy, sorry about that. But wish you all the best, hopefully you'll turn it around this year.

First Gmatclub member to report "Admitted from Waitlist" last year did it in May 6th.
Doesn't mean this was the first applicant to receive a WL final decision.
I was waitlisted last year and received a decision in June 10th (!!).
I really hope they have a different approach this year and make decisions regarding WL earlier.
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 10:54
christianb19 wrote:

Actually the deadline for R1 admitted students was feb 18th.
But it only matters if Adcomm changes its procedure.
Last year they only looked at the Waitlist more than a month after the 3rd round application deadline.
I don't know how they think this strategy is good at all.
McCombs has a bad yield rate and a big Waitlist. They should try to make sure they are able to enroll the most valuable applicants on WL... I'm sure that waiting until May/Jun is not the best strategy to do so (probably the worst) as lots of applicants that would like to go to McCombs are making commitments to other schools between jan - jun.
For us, Waitlisted applicants, it's terrible.. I don't even need to say why.

Hoping they will do something different this year... it would be better for us and much better for the school also!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 11:55
nandoval wrote:
yobats wrote:
Paul25 wrote:
Waitlisted

First Gmatclub member to report "Admitted from Waitlist" last year did it in May 6th.
Doesn't mean this was the first applicant to receive a WL final decision.
I was waitlisted last year and received a decision in June 10th (!!).
I really hope they have a different approach this year and make decisions regarding WL earlier.

It's really bad if they come back so late. Will be really difficult for us international students.

Like you said, let's hope for the best.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 12:05
christianb19 wrote:
Well I got some "News" today. Earlier on, I applied to the Texas Venture Labs (TVL) scholarship competition; I have a small start-up here in El Salvador which is focused on producing high quality customizable K9 gear, and I applied with a proposal to expand this idea. In the executive summary and statement of interest required by TVL I was very explicit in stating that I was on the R1 wait list and that I hoped that participating would improve my admittance chances. To my surprise I was selected as a semi-finalist and it looks that I'm going to Austin for the competition...I will prepare to win this competition (of course!), but I'm hoping that either way just the fact that I was selected as a Semi-finalist can help me get ultimately admitted!

Hey christianb19.....

Just wondering how you fared at the TVL competition...

Read the post about the competition.. . hope you had a good exposure and wish u all the best!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2016, 12:07
Last time, I received the Ding notification in June 2015.
Austin likes to keep it weird...lolzzz
On a serious note...it is a pretty awesome schools for folks like us....and for others, it is a safety school
Hence, the waitlist turmoil
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 17:31
Got my decision today: Admitted!

I went to UT a couple of weeks ago to compete for the TVL scholarship competition, I didn't win but it was a great chance to impress the adcom!

However, I do have a very hard choice coming up, I was also accepted in Notre Dame with a 20K/year fellowship...I really like both schools, I know McCombs is higher on the rankings , but that's a lot of $$ ND is offering.
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2016, 20:03
christianb19 wrote:

I went to UT a couple of weeks ago to compete for the TVL scholarship competition, I didn't win but it was a great chance to impress the adcom!

However, I do have a very hard choice coming up, I was also accepted in Notre Dame with a 20K/year fellowship...I really like both schools, I know McCombs is higher on the rankings , but that's a lot of $$ ND is offering.

Hey Christianb19,

Congrats!! Wow! I can't imagine how hard it's gonna be for you to make such a decision! However, I'm really looking forward to face this same hard decision myself. Hahaha!
Even though I think your admission was kinda an exception because of your performance on TVL, I would love if they sent more decisions such as yours this "early".
Lots hope more people on WL hear from McCombs!
Congrats again, Christian!!
Current Student
B
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q39 V41
GPA: 3.15
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2016, 10:12
christianb19 wrote:

CONGRATS!! So great to hear that people are getting decisions and not having to wait until June. :? Best of luck in the decision process!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2016, 20:25
christianb19 wrote:

Hi "christianb19"...were you on the waitlist after r1 before you got the admit offer? Or were you directly admitted without any waitlisting?
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2016, 20:34
chshashankreddy wrote:
christianb19 wrote:

Hi "christianb19"...were you on the waitlist after r1 before you got the admit offer? Or were you directly admitted without any waitlisting?

Hi, I was waitlisted with interview on round 1
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
WE: Account Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Reviews Badge
McCombs Class of 2018: Calling all WaitListed Students!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2016, 10:24
christianb19 wrote:
chshashankreddy wrote:
christianb19 wrote:

Hi, I was waitlisted with interview on round 1

Congratulations! Way to proactively get yourself into McCombs! In the grand scheme of things (and even in the short term), $20k/year isn't all that much. The opportunity cost in attending business school is 2 years of salary, living expenses, tuition, and other miscellaneous costs. If you're expecting to pay $200,000 for business school and living expenses plus another $150-300,000 in salary (overestimation since I am around inflated NYC salaries), $40,000 in tuition aid means very little.

FWIW, this is coming from someone who is accepted at Rice FT with $37.5k/year in scholarship and will have to consider potential offers from Duke and Texas if I receive them.
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2016, 13:09
Thanks a lot ! Yeah the more I think about it the more I think McCombs is the way to go...I'm from El Salvador (which is kind of a mess right now) I did my undergrad in the US as well but came back, but this time I would like to stay to work...I believe that McCombs' reputation and the Texan economy itself would greatly help my cause....And Austin would also be a better place for a single guy lol
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
WE: Account Management (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2016, 11:57
Has anyone been sending updates? I have a course completion and work responsibility change/new project that I want to update the school on, but wasn't sure if McCombs will reach out before the March 29th decision day to ask us for those materials.
Current Student
B
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q39 V41
GPA: 3.15
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2016, 21:49
samkhat77 wrote:
Has anyone been sending updates? I have a course completion and work responsibility change/new project that I want to update the school on, but wasn't sure if McCombs will reach out before the March 29th decision day to ask us for those materials.

I have sent a couple of updates and received confirmation from them that they would be updating my file with the new materials. No one has asked me for materials - I'd recommend sending it in if you think they're relevant updates!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: McCombs Class of 2018: Calling all WaitListed Students!!   [#permalink] 13 Mar 2016, 21:49

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 81 posts ] 

McCombs Class of 2018: Calling all WaitListed Students!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: RicAssassin