Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:42 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 618815 [1]
Given Kudos: 81588
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [3]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V30
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 4
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: NUS Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
tinni123 wrote:
Female candidate,25 yrs
10th-91%
12th-85%
B Tech in Electrical Engineering from National Institute of Technology , Kurukshetra GPA-4

GMAT-680(M-49 V-34)

W.E- will complete 4 years in July 2016

WORK EXPERIENCE:I was selected as one of the 12 students from different NITs across the country to the Pepsico Graduate Engineering Trainee Program . In the duration of a year of training in the manufacturing side of the business I was the first person responsible for the glass bottling line in one of the factories . Managing and exceeding the expectations in this role I moved on to another factory in Pepsico itself where I was responsible for the leading the Juice Glass Bottling line. In both of these roles I lead a team of around 20 line operators , and we achieved a Net Efficiency Gain in the lines by approx 5 %.(Duration 1 year)

Post this I moved in the Project management side of techops . Here I was involved in the designing and procurement of the the line and utility machinery for a green field factory . (Duration 1 year)

In my current role I am leading the Productivity and Performance Projects for all the 10 manufacturing plants . Herein , I am the first person person responsible for exceuting , tracking , monitoring & controlling the 15 field projects in various factories . These projects include focused Efficiency improvement of some of the beverage lines , Manpower reduction on some staions on the line etc.

Part Time Profession : I am an Indian Classical singer and have been trained for 6 years and hold a Sangeet Visharad . Currently I have my own Sufi Band and we do gigs in clubs in and around Delhi .

Reasons to do an MBA-Want to expand my area of expertise and gain holistic knowledge of how organizations work.Want to specialize in Operations . Post-MBA, looking for a Strategic kind of role in the Ops/Supply Chain side of a business

I'm not sure as to which schools would be a good fit for me.I want to work in Asia,and hence,looking at INSEAD Singapore , NUS Singapore ,

P.S : I had applied to ISB Last year . Got a ding after the interview . They said My GMAT was on the lower side in my feedback post the results ( Had applied last year with 670 , retook but could only manage a 680

I am not sure about profile fit. I have similar academics and scores. I am planning to apply to NUS this year.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
tinni123 wrote:
Female candidate,25 yrs
10th-91%
12th-85%
B Tech in Electrical Engineering from National Institute of Technology , Kurukshetra GPA-4

GMAT-680(M-49 V-34)

WORK EXPERIENCE:I was selected as one of the 12 students from different NITs across the country to the Pepsico Graduate Engineering Trainee Program . In the duration of a year of training in the manufacturing side of the business I was the first person responsible for the glass bottling line in one of the factories . Managing and exceeding the expectations in this role I moved on to another factory in Pepsico itself where I was responsible for the leading the Juice Glass Bottling line. In both of these roles I lead a team of around 20 line operators , and we achieved a Net Efficiency Gain in the lines by approx 5 %.(Duration 1 year)

Post this I moved in the Project management side of techops . Here I was involved in the designing and procurement of the the line and utility machinery for a green field factory . (Duration 1 year)

In my current role I am leading the Productivity and Performance Projects for all the 10 manufacturing plants . Herein , I am the first person person responsible for exceuting , tracking , monitoring & controlling the 15 field projects in various factories . These projects include focused Efficiency improvement of some of the beverage lines , Manpower reduction on some staions on the line etc.

Part Time Profession : I am an Indian Classical singer and have been trained for 6 years and hold a Sangeet Visharad . Currently I have my own Sufi Band and we do gigs in clubs in and around Delhi .

Reasons to do an MBA-Want to expand my area of expertise and gain holistic knowledge of how organizations work.Want to specialize in Operations . Post-MBA, looking for a Strategic kind of role in the Ops/Supply Chain side of a business

I'm not sure as to which schools would be a good fit for me.I want to work in Asia,and hence,looking at INSEAD Singapore , NUS Singapore ,

P.S : I had applied to ISB Last year . Got a ding after the interview . They said My GMAT was on the lower side in my feedback post the results ( Had applied last year with 670 , retook but could only manage a 680

We believe your candidature is good for NUS. Avg GMAT score for NUS is lesser than that for ISB. Your work ex is very diverse especially for a female applicant. Extra currics also look good. If you can present all these well in essays and talk about your goals well, you stand a good chance.

Remember, NUS has rolling admissions. So, apply early.

Feel free to contact us for any queries.

Apphelp Team
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Expert Reply
tinni123 wrote:
Female candidate,25 yrs
10th-91%
12th-85%

GMAT-680(M-49 V-34)

Thank you for posting your profile.

Your GMAT will allow you to be considered, while your work experience is interesting. You need to craft your essays carefully to make your accomplishments at work vivid, interesting and impressive to readers, including those outside your industry. Showing your personality by leveraging your singing/performing talents can help distinguish you further. Projecting an outgoing personality, who will engage and contribute actively to school activities should help. Strong recommendations to show the scale of your responsibilities and highlight your leadership potential will also help. If you have international experience at work or outside, it will show better fit especially for INSEAD.

A well-executed application should make it worth trying out for both INSEAD and NUS.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: ISB '18 (I)
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GPA: 3
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi,

Would be great if someone evaluated my profile for NUS full time MBA.

GMAT - 680 (Q44,V40)
CGPA - 8/10
Work Ex - 6.5 years(IT)
Work Ex in UK - 1 year
Leading a team of 4 at work.
A school captain(in school), Cult. Sec.(In college) and now heading the Music Club at Oracle Hyderabad.
Been part of numerous television shows on music(Indian Idol,Saregamapa)
Have had a short stint with entrepreneurship for about a year with a gifting service based out Hyderabad.

MTIA.

Regards,
Arko
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Hi All,

Please evaluate my profile as an international applicant for the MBA program at NUS

Nationality: Indian
Undergraduate Qualification: Bachelor in Commerce(3 year course with a GPA of 3.4)
Masters Qualification: Masters in Global Business (16 month program in Singapore and Dubai. Unfortunately, my GPA here is extremely low: 2.5 though I took a number of challenging courses)
GMAT: 730
Work experience: 3.5 years, all of it in market research. Of the 3.5 years, 2.5 years were in the Middle East and a year in India
Extracurriculars: Moderate: represented my state in tennis, wrote for a sports website for a year etc. Have also done community service for 3 months where I taught English and Maths to 10 year old children
References: Will be able to get some strong references from people in senior management at both my work places so far

Do you think I stand a realistic chance and it's worth applying?

Thanks in advance!

Varun
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 2.79
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
ArkadipSengupta@gmail.com wrote:
Hi,

Would be great if someone evaluated my profile for NUS full time MBA.

GMAT - 680 (Q44,V40)
CGPA - 8/10
Work Ex - 6.5 years(IT)
Work Ex in UK - 1 year
Leading a team of 4 at work.
A school captain(in school), Cult. Sec.(In college) and now heading the Music Club at Oracle Hyderabad.
Been part of numerous television shows on music(Indian Idol,Saregamapa)
Have had a short stint with entrepreneurship for about a year with a gifting service based out Hyderabad.

MTIA.

Regards,
Arko

GMAT too low for indian applicant
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks for sharing.

Play up unique experiences to distinguish yourself from other Indian candidates. For instance, you may mention how you will leverage the skills and experiences that led to or you gained from appearing in TV shows into contributing to the NUS experiences of your peers.

This would complement your professional accomplishments and work experiences.

All the best!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello,

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Female
Xth- 85%%
XIIth - 69%
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from 'Park college of Engineering and Technology' affiliated to Anna University, Chennai
CGPA- 7.9/10
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 630 ( Q-46, V-31, AWA-3.5, IR-4)

Work Exp :
1. Worked for 4.2 years in Infosys. Progression from systems engineer to senior systems engineer.
- Handled several modules for US based client project, completed tasks as a sole person within tight deadlines and trained and mentored many new comers.
- Took many certifications within Infosys during the same timeline.
- Infosys Appreciation certificates and client appreciation certificate.

Volunteer Experience :
1. Involved in education of poor kids and other extra curricular activities at a local NGO.
2. Was a volunteer Animal Welfare NGO in the past for animal rescue.
3. Volunteer at Rotary club for education of kids and spreading awareness to them for maintenance of hygiene.

Extra Curricular:
1. Literary Captain of school for 2 years.
2. Certificate for presentation of research papers in National Level conference, Twice.

Do I have a chance at ISB ?

Many Thanks :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello,

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Female
Xth- 69%
XIIth - 85%
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from 'Park college of Engineering and Technology' affiliated to Anna University, Chennai
CGPA- 7.9/10
TOEFL- Yet to take

Work Exp :
1. Worked for 4.2 years in Infosys. Progression from systems engineer to senior systems engineer.
- Handled several modules for US based client project, completed tasks as a sole person within tight deadlines and trained and mentored many new comers.

Volunteer Experience :
1. Involved in education of poor kids and other extra curricular activities at a local NGO.
3. Volunteer at Rotary club for education of kids and spreading awareness to them for maintenance of hygiene.

Extra Curricular:
2. Certificate for presentation of research papers in National Level conference, Twice.

Do I have a chance at ISB ?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hello,

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Female
Xth- 69%
XIIth - 85%
CGPA- 7.9/10
TOEFL- Yet to take

Work Exp :

Volunteer Experience :

Extra Curricular:

Do I have a chance at NUS ?

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello,

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Female
Xth- 69%
XIIth - 85%
CGPA- 7.9/10
TOEFL- Yet to take

Work Exp :

Volunteer Experience :

Extra Curricular:

Do I have a chance at NUS ?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM