Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:06 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all HKUST MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
rahulprasad11 wrote:
rbhasin11 wrote:
I just had the first interview with a current student. The conversation was very interactive and was mostly about knowing me as a person. It went for about 40mins, and I asked her a lot of questions, all of which were answered to my satisfaction.

I have the 2nd interview with the Adcom on 7th Feb.

You are lucky. My interview today went horribly. The interviewer was not only egoistic but also racist (both I and him are Indians). The whole point of this conversation he told me at the start of the interview was to gauge me as a potential classmate. Unfortunately, he completely forgot that I would also be doing the same. Sample this: the interview scheduled for 2.30 pm started at 2.45 without much ado from his side, he stopped the interview in between to take a personal call, and I kid you not send a chat reply. Throughout the interview, his intention was only somehow to show the flaw in my reasoning and thinking. If you think his intention was to grill me, then that was also not the case because, after my response, he would give his views and move on to the next question without allowing me to revert. He was extremely condescending about the companies I have worked in as he had no idea about their workings. When I explained about the niche products these companies had developed and their revenues streams, his response was "huh..ok". I am not kidding; this was happening in my MBA interview, I simply could not believe it and was left flabbergasted. I somehow kept my composure and at the end came the time for me to ask questions. I asked him about his experience so far at hkust, and he answered this query for a total of 12 mins without giving me the chance to intervene. These 12 mins covered such unnecessary sub-topics as how people in his old company could not believe that he went for an MBA because he was earning big time. Also included were topics like how European students enjoy their weekends partying and he did not approve their behaviour. Also, his feeling about the Indian batchmates was that he just could not believe that those people were Indians because of their behaviour and so on. At this point, if you are thinking huh??, then just imagine my state of mind when I was going through one of the most important interviews of my life. To keep this message short, I am going to skip talking about his opinions on my goals and the FT ranking of HKUST!

The interview went on for 47 mins, and at the end of it, I was left thinking whether I should just withdraw my application before the next interview on the 6th of Feb. I am not exaggerating; it was a horrendous experience. The interviewer is the vice president of a prestigious club at HKUST, and if he represents the students there, I am wondering if I should even consider joining such an institution.
Do not get me wrong. I am no superstar candidate who the colleges are lining up to take in and in fact, have no offer on my plate currently, but still I am seriously considering withdrawing my application. It pains that this stupidity had to happen at such an important institution as HKUST. :cry: :cry:

Oh i think i had the same guy
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all HKUST MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Hello everyone,

I was interviewed by the current student recently (2/6/2017). I received the interview invite on 1/16/2017. My first interview (with Adcom members) happened on 1/26/2017.

The Part A (with the student) interview happened in a very relaxed environment. The questions were mainly about my work experience, and how my past experiences would align with the post-MBA goals. The student who interviewed me was very cordial. The whole interview was conversational, and we spoke about our lives and work. The first interview (Part B) was conducted by adcom members. The questions were mainly traditional (Why MBA, Why HKUST, TMAY, Cultural Diversity, etc.).

So with this, I have taken both my interviews, and my experience so far has been brilliant. The way HKUST has handled the process has been professional. Everything happened in a time bound fashion. The way a college goes about its business, too, has its impact on the decision an applicant eventually takes. In my case, experience has been really good.

Wish everyone all the luck (we all need tons of it :))!

Rgds,
Yashvir Singh
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
One of the biggest reasons I chose HKUST was the class diversity it has despite the small size.
I hope this video gives you guys a sense of how amazing that is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbeTTobDJak
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.4
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
A huge disappointment for me. :(

Denied without Interview on: 2017/02/10
Heard back via: Email
GMAT: 690, Q50, V32
WE: 120 months
Industry: Investment Banking
Submited on: 2017/01/09
Decision Received on: 2017/02/10
Same here. Rejected.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 690 Q43 V36
GPA: 3.91
Send PM
Kudos
Has my interview with adcom on 6 Feb and also with current Student Karishma. Both interviews were good now waiting to hear from them. Any idea by when will the results will be out.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone heard from the admissions team about admit/reject after the R2 interviews?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
GMAT 1: 600 Q40 V32
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Kudos
yashvir wrote:
Has anyone heard from the admissions team about admit/reject after the R2 interviews?

Applied R2 on 1/11, 1st&2nd interviews on 1/26, and just received acceptance notice by phone on 2/15.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbatrojan wrote:
yashvir wrote:

Applied R2 on 1/11, 1st&2nd interviews on 1/26, and just received acceptance notice by phone on 2/15.

Many Congratulations!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
Send PM
Kudos
Applied Jan 11, Interviewed on Feb 5 and 6. Just got the amazing news via phone! Accepted with partial scholarship.

So Pumped. Can't wait to quit my job (once everything is official).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Applied 1/11, interviewed 1/20 and 1/27 and got the call today with scholarship offer!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3605 [1]
Given Kudos: 94
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.52
Send PM
Kudos
mbatrojan dotdot23 smittywerben

Congratulation guys!!

smittywerben - Where are you located?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
GMAT 1: 600 Q40 V32
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Kudos
dotdot23 wrote:
Applied Jan 11, Interviewed on Feb 5 and 6. Just got the amazing news via phone! Accepted with partial scholarship.

So Pumped. Can't wait to quit my job (once everything is official).

Congrats! I also can't wait to escape this cold weather..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Schools: CEIBS '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V44
Send PM
Congratulations to all those who got the good news today.

Have you guys sent the physical copies your transcripts already? The interview invite mail had asked for it. I had totally missed it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3605 [2]
Given Kudos: 94
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.52
Send PM
Kudos
Applied on 11th January; interviewed on 5th February and on 8th February. just received admittance email.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Congratulations guys !
How much time HKUST gives to confirm the seat ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Anyone else from India got their decision?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts