It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 12:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all HKUST MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 23

Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.4
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Re: Calling all HKUST MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 08:38
Congratulations to all the successful candidates. All the best for your future endeavors.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 23

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Re: Calling all HKUST MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 17:45
pranab708 wrote:
Congratulations to all the successful candidates. All the best for your future endeavors.

Congratulations to everyone for achieving a milestone in their lives! I also wish tons of luck for those who are still waiting :)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 690 Q43 V36
GPA: 3.91

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 23:26
rbhasin11 wrote:
Anyone else from India got their decision?

I'm waiting for their email, no email for acceptance or rejection received yet. I had my last interview on 6 Feb and everyone who had interviews till 6th Feb have got some confirmations.

Is anyone who had last interview on or before 6 Feb waiting for reply from college?

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Tepper '20 (S)

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 23:30
har1989 wrote:
rbhasin11 wrote:

I'm waiting for their email, no email for acceptance or rejection received yet. I had my last interview on 6 Feb and everyone who had interviews till 6th Feb have got some confirmations.

Is anyone who had last interview on or before 6 Feb waiting for reply from college?

I had mine on 7th, and I'm waiting for a decision. I know someone who had his Adcom interview on 8th and has already got an admit email yesterday.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Schools: CEIBS '19 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V44

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 23:36
rbhasin11 wrote:
har1989 wrote:
rbhasin11 wrote:

I had mine on 7th, and I'm waiting for a decision. I know someone who had his Adcom interview on 8th and has already got an admit email yesterday.

Same boat. BTW did you guys send physical copies of your degree transcripts to the admissions office?

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 690 Q43 V36
GPA: 3.91

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 23:46
Same boat. BTW did you guys send physical copies of your degree transcripts to the admissions office?[/quote]

Nope I didn't. I was planning to send only once I get admit confirmation as someone in this discussion confirmed with adcom that we can send transcripts after our interviews once we receive confirmation. And I don't think that is a big thing for not sending acceptance emails for college also as everyone has already sent scanned transcripts.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2017, 23:57
sharadmathur wrote:
Same boat. BTW did you guys send physical copies of your degree transcripts to the admissions office?

I didn't. I think the unofficial scanned copies are sufficient for evaluation and the official copies are asked for once the admit decision has been made.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2017, 00:12
Great. Thanks rbhasin11 and har1989

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2017, 00:41
har1989 wrote:
rbhasin11 wrote:

I had my adcom interview on 6th Feb and haven't heard anything from them yet. Lets hope for the best!

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V33
GPA: 3.25
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2017, 05:36
Finally! I received the admission email and phone call !! Yaaahooooo
It is a small step for the man, but a step of giant for humanity....or the reverse... ;)

Some questions for the next steps :

- I've seen that some of you guys have a scholarship: if it's not too intrusive, could you please share the amount or the percentage ? Just to have an idea of what kind of scholarship are possible.

- Is it possible to send MYSELF the hard copies of my transcripts and diplomas ?
Or is it mandatory to ask my university to send them ?

- Have you already done the "Diploma Supplement" process ?
If yes, could you please describe the process ? Is it free ? Have I to supply documents ? How much time ?

- Some of you have already started the visa procedure ?

- Finally, some of you are planning to come with your wife/husband ?

Thanks for for answers !

Alex

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2017, 06:25
Hey Alex! Congratulations! Would you let us know which country are you from? Can't see it through my mobile app. Just to understand the order in which the results are rolling out.
Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Manager
Manager
B

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2017, 06:49
whatnext17 wrote:
Hey Alex! Congratulations! Would you let us know which country are you from? Can't see it through my mobile app. Just to understand the order in which the results are rolling out.
Thanks!

Thanks, from France.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2017, 06:52
Alex75PAris wrote:
whatnext17 wrote:
Thanks!

Thanks, from France.

Gosh i should have realised that from your username. Lol, my bad.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 245 [0], given: 94

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.52
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2017, 10:22
Please see my response in red
Alex75PAris wrote:
Finally! I received the admission email and phone call !! Yaaahooooo Congrats!
It is a small step for the man, but a step of giant for humanity....or the reverse... ;)

Some questions for the next steps :

- I've seen that some of you guys have a scholarship: if it's not too intrusive, could you please share the amount or the percentage ? Just to have an idea of what kind of scholarship are possible. I am yet to receive info regarding scholarship. As per previous year's posts, scholarship ranges between 10-50% of tuition fee.

- Is it possible to send MYSELF the hard copies of my transcripts and diplomas ?
Or is it mandatory to ask my university to send them ?
I believe it is mandatory to request the university to send the transcripts directly to HKUST.

- Have you already done the "Diploma Supplement" process ?
If yes, could you please describe the process ? Is it free ? Have I to supply documents ? How much time ?
I have absolutely no idea about this. Can you explain?

- Some of you have already started the visa procedure ?
I am waiting for the formal admissions offer to start the procedure. I believe HKUST will facilitate us in applying for visa. In any case we will need a local sponsor, which might be arranged by HKUST.

- Finally, some of you are planning to come with your wife/husband ?
Yet to be decided

Thanks for for answers !

Alex

Kudos [?]: 245 [0], given: 94

Manager
Manager
B

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2017, 08:53
Thanks !

For your info :

"For candidates who complete their degree in Europe, you may need to provide the diploma supplement issued by your university.
Kindly refer to http://ec.europa.eu/education/tools/dip ... ent_en.htm for the information of this document".

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2017, 11:39
Got an email in the afternoon today. Denied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2017, 03:01
rbhasin11 wrote:
Got an email in the afternoon today. Denied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh that's sad. Wish you the best for your other applications. Cheers!

Anyone else heard anything?

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 3

GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V29
GPA: 2.84

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2017, 09:11
This post received
KUDOS
Hi all,

I have been placed on the waitlist. Any idea what's the convertion ratio from waitlist to acceptance ? Also, what should be the next steps from my side to make sure the conversion is positive.

Thanks !

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 3

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2017, 22:54
prashant2290 wrote:
Hi all,

I have been placed on the waitlist. Any idea what's the convertion ratio from waitlist to acceptance ? Also, what should be the next steps from my side to make sure the conversion is positive.

Thanks !

Hi Prashant,

I have been waitlisted too. To improve your candidature, I believe you can take the GMAT again to do better on the verbal section. I am doing the same for the quant section.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 18

Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GPA: 3.4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2017, 06:03
sharadmathur wrote:
prashant2290 wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks !

Hi Prashant,

I have been waitlisted too. To improve your candidature, I believe you can take the GMAT again to do better on the verbal section. I am doing the same for the quant section.

I have been wait-listed too, but I have a more balanced GMAT at 710 Q48V40. I think there are more factors than just academics - interview performance, difference between the perception of your candidature per written application vs. that in interview etc. Also, I suspect number of Indian candidates that have been already accepted etc. and those who do and do not finally put the deposit may have a hand in deciding our outcome.

Overall, I had a very pleasant interaction (coffee chat, interviews) experience and I would certainly be waiting to move to the acceptance queue.

Thanks.

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 18

Re: Calling all HKUST MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!   [#permalink] 25 Feb 2017, 06:03

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 133 posts ] 

Calling all HKUST MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, BrushMyQuant, aerien

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap