Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 18:11 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1812 [10]
Given Kudos: 763
WE:Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1812 [2]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41 (Online)
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: 2021 Intake (Class of 2023) [#permalink]
Arro44 wrote:
Hey folks,

I wish everybody the best of luck for the upcoming application cycle at Sloan.
Please see attached deadlines for the various applications rounds.

For those of you interested in the specifics of the M.I.T. MBA experience, you might want to have a look here: https://mitsloan.mit.edu/mba/academics/mba-curriculum

I´ll try to keep an eye on this topic and support the mods with questions that might come up.

All the best,
Chris

Hi Arro44,

I was looking for deadlines for the 2021 intake but from your attachment (that is the same that I find on their website) I see that deadlines are still related to 2020 intake (for example, Round 1 deadline is 1 Oct 2019).
Can you confirm that the new deadlines have not yet been published?

Thanks!
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: 2021 Intake (Class of 2023) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
You're correct -- they haven't updated their site yet with the new dates, but I would expect they'll be in line with last year (which was in line with previous years).

MicCat wrote:
Arro44 wrote:
Hey folks,

I wish everybody the best of luck for the upcoming application cycle at Sloan.
Please see attached deadlines for the various applications rounds.

For those of you interested in the specifics of the M.I.T. MBA experience, you might want to have a look here: https://mitsloan.mit.edu/mba/academics/mba-curriculum

I´ll try to keep an eye on this topic and support the mods with questions that might come up.

All the best,
Chris

Hi Arro44,

I was looking for deadlines for the 2021 intake but from your attachment (that is the same that I find on their website) I see that deadlines are still related to 2020 intake (for example, Round 1 deadline is 1 Oct 2019).
Can you confirm that the new deadlines have not yet been published?

Thanks!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 733 [1]
Given Kudos: 362
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Kudos
I´ll post the updated dates as soon as I can find them on the website.
If the situation allows me to get to Boston in time for the start of the semester, I can also keep you updated on "student life" under the current circumstances.

Regards,
Chris
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1812 [4]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks

MIT Sloan MBA Deadlines

RoundApplication DueDecisions Released
R1October 1, 2020December 16, 2020
R2January 19, 2021April 02, 2021
R3April 12, 2021May 20, 2021

*LGO applicants must apply in the LGO Round.

MIT Sloan essays/requirements

• Cover Letter
    MIT Sloan seeks students whose personal characteristics demonstrate that they will make the most of the incredible opportunities at MIT, both academic and non-academic. We are on a quest to find those whose presence will enhance the experience of other students. We seek thoughtful leaders with exceptional intellectual abilities and the drive and determination to put their stamp on the world. We welcome people who are independent, authentic, and fearlessly creative — true doers. We want people who can redefine solutions to conventional problems, and strive to preempt unconventional dilemmas with cutting-edge ideas. We demand integrity and respect passion.

Taking the above into consideration, please submit a cover letter seeking a place in the MIT Sloan MBA Program. Your letter should conform to a standard business correspondence, include one or more examples that illustrate why you meet the desired criteria above, and be addressed to the Assistant Deans of Admissions, Rod Garcia and Dawna Levenson (300 words or fewer, excluding address and salutation).

• Resume
    Please submit a one-page resume (Times New Roman 10 point font preferred) that includes your employment history and academic record in reverse chronological order. Other information appropriate to a business resume is welcomed and encouraged, including extracurricular activities, awards, and achievements. Please REDACT your name, address, and contact information. For formatting purposes, please list the information in the following order:
    - Education - please feel free to include relevant awards, scholarships, professional societies
    - Work Experience - please list in reverse chronological order and include: company name, title, results-oriented bullets that demonstrate your skill set, and dates.
    - Additional information - languages, extracurricular activities/community service, technical skills/certifications, special skills/interests (if appropriate)

• Video Statement
    Please take a minute to introduce yourself to your future classmates via video. Include a bit on your past experience and why MIT Sloan is the best place for you to pursue your MBA. Videos should be a single take (no editing) lasting no more than one minute and consisting of you speaking directly to the camera. We recommend using an application such as QuickTime or iMovie to record yourself.

Upload the video file according to the detailed instructions within the application. We support the following file formats: .avi, .flv, .m1v, .m2v, .m4v, .mkv, .mov, .mpeg, .mpg, .mp4, .webm, .wmv

Should you experience difficulties uploading your file, please ensure that you're using a modern web browser (Chrome, Firefox, or Safari) on the fastest wired internet connection available. An intermittent or slow internet connection can cause uploads to timeout.

• One Letter of Recommendation
    MBA applicants must submit one letter of recommendation. A professional recommendation is preferred, from an individual who is able to speak with certainty about your professional achievements and potential. We do not accept recommendations from family members. The recommender must submit their letter online. We only accept electronic recommendation letters. The recommendation may be in either letter or short answer format and should not exceed two pages. MIT Sloan utilizes the GMAC Common Letter of Recommendation form.

Please choose a recommender who is able to provide specific answers to the following questions:

Please provide a brief description of your interaction with the applicant and, if applicable, the applicant’s role in your organization. (Maximum word count: 50 words)
    How does the performance of the applicant compare to that of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? (e.g., what are the applicant’s principal strengths?) (Max word count: 500 words)
    Describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response. (Max word count: 500 words)
    Is there anything else we should know? (Optional)

More information about the GMAC Common Letter of Recommendation can be found at https://www.gmac.com/reach-and-recruit-students/prepare-candidates-for-the-exam-classroom/common-letter-of-recommendation-lor
  • Additional References
    MBA Applicants must provide contact information for two additional references. We request the names and contact information (phone and email) for each additional reference as well as where they work and their relationship to you.

Similar to the role of a Recommender, these additional reference contacts should be able to speak to your professional and/or academic background. A member of the Admissions Committee may reach out to these references at any time during the evaluation process, should we have additional questions about your background and/or experiences.
  • Organizational Structure
    Please upload an organizational chart which outlines the internal structure of your department and company. Limit to two pages.
    Note: You may choose to create your own document or redact individuals' names. However, please provide as much information as possible.
    We should be able to see your line of reporting to the top of your organization, and to easily find you, your peers, your supervisor, their peers, and your direct reports (should you have any), as well as any recommender or references from your current organization. For those in consulting, please submit an organizational chart of a current or previous project you were staffed on. Please use the sample organizational chart displayed in the application as a guideline.

More at https://mitsloan.mit.edu/mba/admissions/how-to-apply

Analysis of Sloan MBA Essays By: Stacy Blackman | PersonalMBACoach
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1812 [0]
Send PM
MicCat
Refer above post.

Arro44
Chris,
Thanks for chiming in. :thumbsup:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
Hello all,

Does anyone know if the application is open yet? I know the deadlines are out, but I don't seem to see the option to start MBA application when I logged into the portal...

Thanks guys :)
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
We were asking this as well internally... doesn't look like it yet, even though they have the new deadlines up. On their site there's a place to register to be notified when the app goes live, so I would do that to be safe. Best of luck!

stellatmtsui wrote:
Hello all,

Does anyone know if the application is open yet? I know the deadlines are out, but I don't seem to see the option to start MBA application when I logged into the portal...

CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1812 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
stellatmtsui wrote:
Hello all,

They are well on path. Seems August is yet to start application-wise. Refer my post dated 08th July.
I'm wildly guessing that by weekend they would start.

If you get started keep us informed here.

Thanks.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Applicants,

Applications are live now. I have updated the welcome post.
Please refer.

stellatmtsui May be you have started but just FYI.

All the best with your applications. :thumbsup:
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 733 [1]
Given Kudos: 362
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Kudos
unraveled , thank you for updating the dates!

I deleted my initial post to avoid confusing people with last years dates.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1812 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Arro44 wrote:
unraveled , thank you for updating the dates!

I deleted my initial post to avoid confusing people with last years dates.

Thanks Chris,
It actually helped me to keep a tab on the dates. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM