For this episode of B-Schooled, we sit down Recy Dunn. Recy currently serves as the CEO of Ascend Public Charter Schools and oversees a network of 16 schools serving 6,000 students in grades K-12 across Brooklyn, New York. Prior to his role with Ascend, Recy served as the Chief Strategy Officer of the NYC Department of Education, as well as a variety of other education leadership roles at both the local and national levels.
Recy earned his MBA and his MA in Education from Stanford. In this episode, Recy and host Chandler Arnold share:
• Suggestions for MBA students interested in the field of education
• Thoughts focused on how education is a central civil rights issue of our time
• The value of an MBA for those working within school districts, drawing from Recy’s experiences in California, Washington DC, and New York
• The value of an MBA for those running education-focused social enterprises, drawing from Recy’s experiences leading Ascend Public Charter Schools
• The value of an MBA for those working with philanthropists, drawing from Recy’s experiences with the Broad Foundation and receiving an $11M gift from MacKenzie Scott
• Thoughts on diversity, equity, and inclusion in the field of education
• Tips for current MBA students who are passionate about education
We can’t thank Recy enough for joining us. Listening to this podcast is a must for anyone passionate about education, equity, or leading social enterprises.
This B-Schooled episode can be found here, or take a listen on any of the major podcast platforms below.
B-Schooled is available on most major podcast apps, including:
Please be sure to subscribe to B-Schooled so that you don’t miss a thing. Also, if there’s something you’d like for us to cover in a future episode, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you!
We invite you to join our MBA community on Discord to get exclusive insights from the SBC team, explore our resources, and connect with fellow current and prospective MBA applicants. This is a space to share and learn about the MBA admissions process, whether you’re still debating if business school is for you, or you’re already well on your way with your application journey.
The post B-Schooled Podcast Episode #151: Using an MBA in Education–A Conversation With Recy Dunn appeared first on Stacy Blackman Consulting - MBA Admissions Consulting.