GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Oct 2018, 00:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

600 to 770 gmat-debrief-770-q50-v45. Attention deficiency ESR attached

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Current Student
B
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Technology
GMAT 1: 600 Q42 V32
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Reviews Badge
Re: 600 to 770 gmat-debrief-770-q50-v45. Attention deficiency ESR attached  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 23:37
ss3617 wrote:
Hi shekhar_2017,

Congratulations on your score.

I could relate many things in you. I have just begun my preparations and will hopefully get a good score. Your debrief has really helped and has given me a lot of confidence. All the best for your other phases.

Regards,

I am glad it was helpful
all the best for your exam
Manager
Manager
G
Schools: LBS (I)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Premium Member
Re: 600 to 770 gmat-debrief-770-q50-v45. Attention deficiency ESR attached  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2017, 08:52
eimsav wrote:
What was the number of mistakes you did in quant and verbal?

in verbal, the first section has 8 questions counted towards the score.
the second has 7, third has 7, fourth has 8.

so according to his ESR, he made a total of 3 mistakes in Verbal.

Similarly quant has 7,7,7,7 in its sections respectively.

so according to his ESR, he made a total of 3 mistakes in Quant as well.

Hope that helps.

A kudo a day keeps the doctor away.

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2017, 00:25
DIII wrote:
eimsav wrote:

Hope that helps.

bb DIII, Any idea why the average difficulty chart shows points for incorrect in the 3rd and 4th quartiles whereas the time pie charts indicate no incorrect questions in the 3rd and 4th quartile.
Attachments

ESR.PNG
ESR.PNG [ 55.54 KiB | Viewed 1785 times ]

Manager
Manager
G
Schools: LBS (I)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2017, 01:12
KGump wrote:
DIII wrote:
eimsav wrote:

Hope that helps.

bb DIII, Any idea why the average difficulty chart shows points for incorrect in the 3rd and 4th quartiles whereas the time pie charts indicate no incorrect questions in the 3rd and 4th quartile.

Actually, he made a mistake in the 4th quartile as evident from the percent correct sections of the ESR. Also, the in the ESR if you make no mistake then it falls down to the middle, that's why there is a node in the 3rd quartile as well, in some ESRs(even mine) I think there is no node if there is no incorrect answer. Maybe they updated the ESR.
The weird thing here is that he made a mistake in the 4th quartile but it is not evident in the pie charts.

A kudo a day keeps the doctor away.

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2017, 02:04
DIII wrote:

Actually, he made a mistake in the 4th quartile as evident from the percent correct sections of the ESR. Also, the in the ESR if you make no mistake then it falls down to the middle, that's why there is a node in the 3rd quartile as well, in some ESRs(even mine) I think there is no node if there is no incorrect answer. Maybe they updated the ESR.
The weird thing here is that he made a mistake in the 4th quartile but it is not evident in the pie charts.

Ya, i dont understand why its like that in some ESR's and different in others. Logically, it makes sense to leave the node blank and no sense to mark it randomly at medium. and yeah the mistakes no being evident in the pie chart is what i am confused about.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2018, 11:43
Congrats.Thanks for sharing your story. It is really motivating I am suffering from ADD.Could you just elaborate how you did manage your attention deficiency?
I assume it had been very challenging to prepare for GMAT when you are suffering from attention deficiency which I am facing now.I am planning to give GMAT in the coming June. Any help would be much appreciated.Thank you.
Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2018, 20:35
sijoxavier wrote:
Congrats.Thanks for sharing your story. It is really motivating I am suffering from ADD.Could you just elaborate how you did manage your attention deficiency?
I assume it had been very challenging to prepare for GMAT when you are suffering from attention deficiency which I am facing now.I am planning to give GMAT in the coming June. Any help would be much appreciated.Thank you.

I think it is a mix of technique , physical fitness, and mental fitness. I will suggest having weekly quantifiable targets that really helped me focus on my progress and learn from mistakes.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2018, 02:18
shekhar_2017 wrote:
sijoxavier wrote:

I think it is a mix of technique , physical fitness, and mental fitness. I will suggest having weekly quantifiable targets that really helped me focus on my progress and learn from mistakes.

shekhar_2017,

What kind of quantifiable targets you mean?

If time was on my side, I'd still have none to waste......

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2018, 00:29
I am planning to give GMAT this august .I just started with the preperation can you please help me or give me your daily study timetable.
That would really help.
Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2018, 22:27
niteshbhatia24 wrote:
I am planning to give GMAT this august .I just started with the preperation can you please help me or give me your daily study timetable.
That would really help.

Hey Nitesh,

I didnt have a time table but I had weekly targets of x number of questions with y% accuracy.
Everything else was built to achieve those.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
GMAT 1: 770 Q60 V60
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2018, 17:34
KGump wrote:
DIII wrote:

Ya, i dont understand why its like that in some ESR's and different in others. Logically, it makes sense to leave the node blank and no sense to mark it randomly at medium. and yeah the mistakes no being evident in the pie chart is what i am confused about.

It sounds like the GMAC is still experimenting quite a bit, so it comes as little surprise that their ESR's are buggy. That said, I personally cannot think of a better way to draw the pink line for a quarter that does not have any wrong answers; a blank node in the middle of a line would make the visual presentation confusing. If you think of any, let me know.

Are you aiming for a 700+ GMAT score and a top 10 MBA?
If you are, we should talk. I specialize in ambitious students.

$80/hour as of May 2018.

http://www.facebook.com/HanoiGMATtutor
HanoiGMATTutor@gmail.com

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2018, 01:13
Hi Shekhar!
I sent you a private message already and very look forward to talking to you more!
I really enjoy Crashcourse but I do think it is of much help for me when I took the TOEFL. It helps me to enhance my listening and writing skills very much due to the various terms and knowledge it provides.
Btw, I confirm with you when reading the GMAT passage in a loosely controlled way, I score better than going through with the strategy of taking note and making outline or something. As I really do enjoy reading and try to understand the passage with very fascinating subject, I feel more comfortable making answer choice.
However, I am trying to identify which kind of questions I am getting at and then look for keywords to guide myself through the thinking process.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2018, 12:25
Great yaar Shekhar Congrats!!

I have trouble mostly in RC. Let me know how did u improve your RC skils.

Also can you tell which is the best practice material for verbal so that I dont waste time on useless stuff.
e-GMAT Representative
G

Show Tags

New post 24 Jul 2018, 06:45
siddharthfrancis wrote:
Great yaar Shekhar Congrats!!

I have trouble mostly in RC. Let me know how did u improve your RC skils.

Also can you tell which is the best practice material for verbal so that I dont waste time on useless stuff.

Hi siddharthfrancis,

Shekhar used the e-GMAT course for his prep. You can sign-up for the free trial here and explore the course to evaluate for yourself if it suits your learning style. E-GMAT is the most reviewed company on GMAT Club and for a good reason. Scholaranium – advanced quizzing platform – is rated higher than GMAT Prep Mocks on GMAT Club.

Regards,
Aditee

| '4 out of Top 5' Instructors on gmatclub | 70 point improvement guarantee | www.e-gmat.com

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2018, 03:44
shekhar_2017 John Green ? seriously ??? ....John Green! :|
Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2018, 09:48
s8kadian wrote:
shekhar_2017 John Green ? seriously ??? ....John Green! :|

Well him and the Mongols :-)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: 600 to 770 gmat-debrief-770-q50-v45. Attention deficiency ESR attached &nbs [#permalink] 02 Aug 2018, 09:48

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 56 posts ] 

600 to 770 gmat-debrief-770-q50-v45. Attention deficiency ESR attached

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: chetan2u, EMPOWERgmatRichC, bb

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap