GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Dec 2018, 01:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Ask August Academy

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Admissions Consultant
B
Schools: Stanford '19
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
Re: Ask August Academy  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2018, 00:01
Hi,

You have an interesting profile - I don't think you need to worry about getting into a good school. Some considerations:

1) Consider reducing your time horizon to 3 years instead of 5 - after 5 years, you might be on the higher side of the age bracket and that might work to your disadvantage.

2) Continue to do a good job at work.

3) Score as high as possible on your GMAT and TOEFL.

Reach out to us when you are ready, and we will be happy to take it forward.

Best,
Karthik

nougai27 wrote:
Qualifications
Xth :-64%
XII th:- 82%
Graduation :- 65% English (Hons) Humanities
Current work:- income tax inspector
Nature of work:- not related to corporate work experience in anyway, it is government sector work. The work is divided into two categories

Assessment Section 
A job in this section includes work related to desk job details that come with the title of Income Tax Inspector.
You will be responsible for assessing income tax that people, company or partnership firms are liable to pay.
You will also have to handle refund claims and TDS (Tax Deduction at Source) queries Non-Assessment Section 
A job in this section will subject you to field work.

Inspectors employed in this section can be a part of the rapid response team that conducts raids.

The ITIs who are given non-assessment duties usually have to perform only clerical duties.

Their job is limited to filing official paperwork and occasionally accompanying raid teams

My query:- I always wanted to do an MBA as it was my dream to work for a private company. Due to financial constraints, I was not able to apply for MBA in foreign universities. I had no interest in Indian MBA as I always wanted to work in a foreign country. Also Indian MBA had very low chances to get me placed in a foreign firm. Private firms in India without an MBA gives very less salary and high load which would not have given me time to make my profile for foreign MBA.
Therefore, I decided to pursue a government job and finance my future MBA from that money.
I intend to do an MBA after 5 years. I can score score very well in GMAT and TOEFL from official mocks that I have given. I am interested in doing MBA from Canada so that I can get permanent residency. I am aiming for "average" b schools in Canada only.
Please I am in dire need of help. I have 5 years at my disposal. Please guide me on how can I make my profile in these 5 years so that the adcoms don't reject me. Also honestly tell me whether I am eligible of doing MBA from an average Business School in Canada only.
Thank you and God bless you !

Posted from my mobile device

Karthik P.
Founder and CEO,
August Academy.

We are an India based MBA admissions consulting firm. We've been helping Indian MBA applicants (students belonging to the most competitive MBA admissions pool) since 2013. Several of our students study at top 20 schools in the US including Kellogg, MIT, Yale, Ross and Darden, top European schools including London Business School and Oxford, top Canadian schools like Rotman and top Asian schools like ISB and NUS. Our students have won over USD 2.1 Million in scholarships over the last 3 admissions years.

Schedule a free consultation with us.

Click here to view GMATclub verified student testimonials.

Click here to view all our student testimonials.

If you like this post - please give us kudos :) Thanks much!

B
Ask August Academy  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2018, 23:42
Dear All,

We have a little more than a month to go for the New Year, and our R2 deadlines.

We've been working very hard to make those deadlines - so hard, in fact, that we've not taken the time to congratulate our R1 applicants.

And we've had excellent results so far. We had people getting offers from INSEAD. We've had folks who interviewed with Stanford, Kellogg, MIT, Ross, Tuck, Columbia, Fuqua, Darden, Cornell, Anderson, Tepper, McCombs, Rotman, Oxford, HEC, ISB and IIM A.

We wish them all the best as the results approach us. And we wish all of you all the best with you R2 applications.

Later,
Karthik Palaniappan

Karthik P.
Founder and CEO,
August Academy.

We are an India based MBA admissions consulting firm. We've been helping Indian MBA applicants (students belonging to the most competitive MBA admissions pool) since 2013. Several of our students study at top 20 schools in the US including Kellogg, MIT, Yale, Ross and Darden, top European schools including London Business School and Oxford, top Canadian schools like Rotman and top Asian schools like ISB and NUS. Our students have won over USD 2.1 Million in scholarships over the last 3 admissions years.

Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Ask August Academy  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2018, 09:33
Hi August Academy,

I would like to request a suggestion/opinion on a confusion I am facing. One of the B-School Forum Moderators suggested that I reach out to you for help as you people have a rich experience in the MBA admissions process.
I received an admit from a business school in Georgia, USA with a full scholarship and stipend/graduate assistantship. Therefore, I asked other two MBA schools for which my decision was pending after the interview if it is possible to provide my application decision sooner as I already have a decision in hand and wish to make an informed decision before paying out the enrollment fee. The schools reverted with a request to send them a copy of "Admission Letter" and "Scholarship Letter" before taking the case to the Admissions Committee for decisions.
Now, I am little confused whether to provide the letters or details such as the name of program, amount, the deadline for payment, etc. to those schools. I am not sure whether this would put my only admit into jeopardy or help me.
Kindly advise. Hope to hear from you soon.
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2018, 10:10
Hi,

I know we corresponded over phone, and resolved this - but I'm still posting a response here for the benefit of others who may be in the same situation.

It is ok to share information with the other school, as long as the school that has made the offer has not asked you to keep this in confidence.

Best wishes,
Karthik

targetbusiness wrote:
Hi August Academy,

I would like to request a suggestion/opinion on a confusion I am facing. One of the B-School Forum Moderators suggested that I reach out to you for help as you people have a rich experience in the MBA admissions process.
I received an admit from a business school in Georgia, USA with a full scholarship and stipend/graduate assistantship. Therefore, I asked other two MBA schools for which my decision was pending after the interview if it is possible to provide my application decision sooner as I already have a decision in hand and wish to make an informed decision before paying out the enrollment fee. The schools reverted with a request to send them a copy of "Admission Letter" and "Scholarship Letter" before taking the case to the Admissions Committee for decisions.
Now, I am little confused whether to provide the letters or details such as the name of program, amount, the deadline for payment, etc. to those schools. I am not sure whether this would put my only admit into jeopardy or help me.
Kindly advise. Hope to hear from you soon.

Karthik P.
Founder and CEO,
August Academy.

B

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2018, 10:10
Dear All,

We are happy to host a free live video-conference for all R2 MBA aspirants.

This is a place where we will be interacting live with each other - you can see me and hear me. But all of us can see you and hear you too! (So, yes - please avoid PJs!)

Modalities apart, the topic of discussion is extremely relevant: We will discuss how you can present the best R2 application... and we are excited to have you join us!

Please sign up at the link below, and we will email you a link for the video-con shortly.

When: Saturday, December 8, 2018: 10:00 am EST, 3:00 pm GMT, 8:30 pm IST
Where: on-line. zoom video link will be shared shortly.

How: Sign up at http://services.augustacademy.in/2018_12_08_webinar?utm_source=GMATclub&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=dec2018webinar

See you there!

Regards,
Karthik

Karthik P.
Founder and CEO,
August Academy.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Ask August Academy &nbs [#permalink] 07 Dec 2018, 10:10

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 45 posts ] 

Ask August Academy

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap