GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Sep 2018, 20:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

"Best" Admissions Consulting Companies - 2018 Season

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Reviews Badge
Temporary Reviews Topic  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2018, 18:23
Review for mbaMission.

Whether you think you need a consultant or not, everyone, and I mean everyone, should at least have a free consultation. There is no special formula to guarantee admission, but having someone with experience is invaluable. I truly believe that Rachel and I put together my best possible candidacy.

This isn't Rachel's first rodeo and mbaMission definitely takes notes on attributes, application approaches and experiences that has made past candidates successful - so when Rachel makes a suggestion, it comes with insight and knowledge that only someone with experience can provide. It's OK to disagree with Rachel and she is very open to your opinion, but at the same time trust her.

The application process is a marathon, not a sprint, and you two are a team. Rachel takes time to fully digest your life story - from childhood to the time of your candidacy - in order to highlight themes, interesting facts and other strong points. In order for you two to be successful at putting together your best application, the appropriate time is needed for the process to work. Rachel maintains constant communication throughout the process to help guide you as you construct your application(s).

Interview preparation in general is awkward. No matter how bad you want cancel the Skype interview prep with Rachel, fight through it. Nailing the actual interview with the school is so important and there is a fine line between sounding like a robot - and having automated responses - and being well-versed in the practice of interviews. Rachel provides great advice on how to structure responses (yes, even the order for sub-bullets of a response) to help the response flow smoothly or tease future responses, which may help guide the interview in your favor.

Highly recommend reaching out to Rachel if you're new to the MBA application process. Also, starting the application process in April or May will help. You will be surprised how fast spots fill and how detailed this process will be. Most likely you will be working full-time through it all, so allow time for Rachel to do her work and try not submit a first draft a week before the deadline. Rachel and I had 10+ drafts on everything. I think the results from my applications are objective proof of the time and care that the team, Rachel and I, put into everything.

Gmat prep 1 600
Veritas 1 650
Veritas 2 680
Gmat prep 2 690 (48Q 37V)
Gmat prep 5 730 (47Q 42V)
Gmat prep 6 720 (48Q 41V)

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 2.8
Reviews Badge
Re: "Best" Admissions Consulting Companies - 2018 Season  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2018, 03:24
My association with Experts' Global lasted for almost two years, during which I prepared twice for GMAT and then underwent the application process.

With 710 – a score I consider average as I belong to an over-represented country, I was slightly disappointed. However, after two attempts at GMAT, I knew that I needed to focus on my energies on the applications.

Having had a worthwhile experience with Experts' Global, I extended my association for the applications process as well. Receiving constant encouragement from them, suggesting that a good admit was possible with my score if the dots were duly connected and the profile was presented in an effective manner, I worked hard on my applications over several months.

Given my background, I was determined to get into a school with a strong strategy and operations program, in order to achieve my post MBA desired profile. Experts' Global guided me in building my broad story for the MBA and in linking my experiences and skills with my goals. Experts Global was meticulous in giving me the right tips for the resume and overall helping me select a list of schools that would be the best fit. Over various brainstorming sessions and conversations with their team of experienced professionals, I submitted my applications.

Tepper was the first school to reach out to me for an interview and it was a great feeling to get an interview invite. Experts' Global was a great help as they made me prepare for the interview till the time I did not feel confident about myself. Moreover, none of the mocks had a repeat question, giving me a wider variety to prepare. The entire team has been super approachable and humble and I am great that I found them. Their guidance and support deserves a lot of credit for me having multiple admits today.

Receiving admit with a 40K scholarship from Tepper (one of my dream schools) – it definitely is a great feeling. I will be starting the next phase in my life as I join Tepper in the coming fall.

I wish to thank Experts' Global for their support.
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge
My Admissions Consultant Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2018, 07:38
Review for Experts' Global.

The first interview call I received was from Tepper, my dream school. Therefore, I needed to ensure that I do well at the very first MBA interview of my career. Fortunately, I had three weeks to prepare and Experts Global played a great role in helping me.

I was made to fill a questionnaire with my likely responses for a large set of frequently asked questions. I was also given a set of videos for developing and approach for the MBA interview preparation.

Next, I had a series of mock interviews. The style and the set of questions were different every time, followed by detailed feedback. The practice really helped me improve as I gained confidence.

Eventually, I secured worthy admits and I am joining Tepper in the coming fall with $40,000 scholarship.

This was a rich, successful association. Strongly recommended.
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2018, 07:38

Experts' Global team encouraged me on the prospects of getting some worthy admits, despite a 710 on GMAT, a score considered average in the perspective of the over-representative pool of Indian engineers.

The brainstorming sessions helped me in ascertaining my post-MBA goals and a long-term vision. I got a great help in preparing a broad story for my applications, linking my background with the need for MBA from each specific school and the career goals. The schools shortlisting was meticulously done, ensuring that the forte of the programs synced with my story.

As a result, I got multiple interview calls and I converted three of them. Eventually, I am joining Tepper with $40,000 scholarship, a dream admit, something that seemed unreachable when I started the applications.

It was a totally worthwhile association!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2018, 10:58
Review for Stratus Admissions Counseling.

I signed up for Stratus Prep after hearing Shawn O'Connor speak at a local MBA event in San Francisco. I was a little hesitant at first because of the steep price tag, but I couldn't be happier with the service that I received.

The introspection process was very thorough and was a great way to outline my MBA goals, resume, and application profile.

I was paired with Salma after my Round 1 applications and was simply blown away by her commitment to helping me succeed. Not only was she super encouraging, but she gave me valuable constructive feedback on my essays, resume and even to my recommender.

I found the mock interviews extremely valuable as well and felt very comfortable and confident going into my actual interviews after a few rounds of practice with Salma over Skype.

Working with Stratus took a lot of stress out of a VERY stressful MBA application process. I took comfort in the fact that Salma wouldn't let me submit anything that was sub-par. And it paid off! I got into my top choice business school and will be attending in the fall!

If you go with Stratus, I highly recommend working with Salma!
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.62
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2018, 11:00

Going into the MBA application process, I had high hopes. I had my heart set on a couple schools in the M7. With that said, I could clearly look at my background and see that it would be a stretch to get into one of the M7's. I went to a state college, majored in business with a 3.6 GPA , and had a 700 GMAT (In other words I am your average Joe!!!). In addition, I had a completely different career objective for my MBA then what my background/experience was in. I researched many consulting services before being blown away with Stratus Prep. I remember talking on the phone with Shawn, the founder, and feeling absolutely convinced that this was the right place to help focus my application and give me the best chance to succeed.....And thankfully I was right.

Shawn set me up with one of their top consultants, Salma, who i simply can't say enough good things about. Salma is brilliant in many things and very passionate about her job. She was there at every step from building the foundation of my story to crossing her fingers with me while we waited by the phone to hear my dream schools decision.

The end result was me getting into of of the top programs in the world with a very big and unexpected scholarship. I can honestly say that Stratus Prep was a big part of making my B-School application journey a success. If they can help me get into my dream school then they can help anybody.
Manager
Manager
B
Schools: Duke '20 (D)
GMAT 1: 600 Q48 V27
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.2
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2018, 11:08

I didn't get into any of the programs I applied. I paid for the 3 school package. I worked with Santosh. Santosh, as most say in these reviews, responds very quickly. I may have benefited to some extent with the guidance Santosh and Harold provided but I felt it was not worth the money. I don't think they as a team put in the effort. Something they pointed out when I was applying for the second round and had to be changed - was somehow ok with the first school I applied. I got a response that schools are different. I understand that but whatever that was asked to be removed or changed was an answer to why MBA not 'why at your school'. I would write a more detailed review but it's disheartening to even get into the details. I think I would be feeling better today with the rejections had I not gone with Stratus. I don't like to give one star ratings but..
Senior RC Moderator
P
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Temporary Reviews Topic2  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jun 2018, 22:33
Review for Avanti Prep.

I'm an Indian applicant with seven years of work experience and a GRE score of Q164 / V157 (GMAT equivalent of 660). I applied to following schools.

1. Questrom- Accepted with 70K
2. Georgetown McDonough- Accepted
3. Kellogg- Dinged after Interview

I was looking for comprehensive service that would help me prepare my MBA application. I researched about many consultants that would be cheaper as well as effective. Finally based on my friend's suggestion and talking to fellow mods, I decided to reach out to Greg.

I was applying in R2 but started my application very late (after Christmas)

Greg and I discussed my profile, goals and target schools. We initially started with my resume. I was in an assumption that my resume was good enough. But the first edit by Greg was brutal. He pointed out all the flaws in my resume. It took the total of 7 edits and more than three and half hours to finalize my resume.

Questrom- I did apply last year with poor test score and the same resume I had before Greg edit. So I decided to reapply. Greg helped me to prepare a story, edit my essays and provided suggestions that would fine tune my essay. I received an Interview Invite. No matter what, the first interview always makes us happy and nervous after getting rejected previous year. Greg helped with the interview prep as well. The question by question rigor for the mock interview helped me prep for the actual interview. And finally, I was accepted into the program with the 70K scholarship.

Georgetown- I initially did not have plans to apply to Georgetown at all since I was targetting other schools. But I received an email that extended the deadline by a week. I immediately emailed Greg about it. He was happy to help with short notice. We created a story from my professional & personal life to write the essay. He was able to edit the essay in short notice, and I was able to submit my application in four days. He also helped me the same way he did for Questrom Interview. Result- Admitted to Class of 2020. And I will be matriculating in Georgetown this fall.

Kellogg- I wasn't sure to apply, and Greg as well since my scores and profile are well below average for Kellogg. But I decided to go for it anyway. So we decided to put in the application. Kellogg often waives interviews for Indian applicants, so I wasn't expecting an interview invite. But I was excited that when I saw the email with an interview invitation. Greg helped me prepare for the interview. I guess we had our Mock interview for over an hour discussing the plan to answer the questions.

His mock interview session for all the schools was almost perfectly accurate, and I was able to prepare for the curveball questions and create a template to answer any questions.

Greg was super helpful and he would respond to my emails within a day even though he was busy with his other clients. And always made himself available for phone calls and questions.

Become a GMAT Club Premium member to avail lot of discounts

Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Premium Member Reviews Badge
"Best" Admissions Consulting Companies - 2018 Season  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 18 Jun 2018, 20:40
I worked with MBA dream and I'm finally joining a top 20 US B-School with 75% scholarships.

Last year, when I was finalizing consultant, I came across mbadream.in and also got in touch with students Rahul had worked with ( I think they are the best one who can guide you). He send me five contacts - One was going to UCLA, one had admit from Tepper/UNC/Ross, one was moving to Emory and so on. This stuck me, and I think the past clients are the best one who can give an honest feedback and you get a chance to readily speak with them over a casual call.

The first part is networking with students and finding the "fit" part - for instance, preference for colleges that are open to scholarships ( I had some financial constraints), consider colleges that suits your long term goal, and obviously one must have a realistic expectations and targets. With the inputs you gathered and by judging your overall profile, Rahul does a good job in recommending you the initial list of schools. He has his clients across all top business schools in USA/Europe, and he readily shares, if required, their contact details with whom you can get in touch and decide on the "fit" factor ( the networking part becomes one step easier).

The second part is about the drafting process. I believe that a substantial part of MBA Consulting services is about about drafting essays and resume. He can give you a final coherent essay that admission committee is looking for, but its your job to see which events can have an out most impact. He will work with you throughout the process and allows if any brainstorming is required, or if the events that you have considered need to be changed. In short, he will be always there at you disposal - over whatsapp/call. You don't need to write a long professional mail and then wait for hours to get a reply.

At the end, I think that MBA admission consultant should be affordable, and Rahul does not charge as exorbitantly as other consultants do. So, at the end I suggest you to speak with all consultant and ask them whether you can directly speak with students/client whom they have helped. Once you can do that part, you are all set to arrive at the correct decision.

Please PM me for any additional follow up questions.

If you find my posts/replies helpful, please take a moment to click on the "kudos" icon.

Originally posted by godot53 on 18 Jun 2018, 11:18.
Last edited by godot53 on 18 Jun 2018, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
S
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2018, 20:39
Review for Stacy Blackman Consulting.

My profile goes like this:
An older candidate, belong to an over-represented group of applicants, belong to an under-represented industry, 690 GMAT and 3.15 CGPA and an average work experience with a few interesting bits and pieces.
I knew, I needed help. I talked to a few services and realized that SBC would work nice, with their experience.
First call wasn't the best one (not to Ryan, someone else) and was told that with my profile I might be shooting for stars and may not work well. But after that, from second call onwards, things were on the track.
We discussed schools and aspirations, reasons and other details. When time came for Brag Sheet, that was really the time I realized what I had lacked in preparation for an MBA so far. Finally, the countless hours of editing essays, resumes, interview prep, etc. But Ryan was on it all the time. I slipped from original schedule and my job gave me a few jitters, but he didn't let go of the end.
Today, out of three schools, I have one admit, 2 waitlist (all ranked among top 20 - P&Q - including one in top 10).
I can't be more happy. Ryan delivered what he promised.

Suggestions to prospective students:
Be aware of why you want an MBA. Use the resources available, as much as you can.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2018, 20:40

I purchased hourly services from Stacy Blackman and was assigned Ryan Barba for help. Ryan helped me craft a story line and provided essay editing. Although these were both great, what I really enjoyed about working with Ryan was the advice and guidance he was willing to provide. Applying to business school is a stressful, exciting, and incredibly introspective. There is a lot of "soul searching" to figure out career paths and school selections. Ryan was willing to stay on the phone for an additional 30 minutes here and there and answer e-mails to help me with process. His insights were very helpful.

Specific to his essay services. Ryan and I worked up against a tight deadline for one school. Ryan accommodated this by reviewing/editing essays and turning them around within 24 hours. His edits were very good, both grammatically and suggestion wise.

I think Ryan is a perfect consultant for someone looking for a bit more than the traditional services. If you're looking for someone who can provide a bit of mentoring throughout the process and will be there after the fact to answer questions, Ryan is a great option. He knows the admissions process well and has a lot of experience with it. I highly recommend him.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2018, 20:40

I would highly recommend Stacy Blackman's comprehensive consulting services. Although I can only speak for the consultant who worked with me (Ryan Barba), I am sure all of Stacy Blackman’s consultants are on par with Ryan’s level of excellence.

I researched consulting services extensively (having a first-contact call with 4 of the top consulting firms) and I would definitely choose Stacy Blackman and Ryan Barba again if I had to go through the same process. They were the first company to get back to me and arrange a quick call with me. Their methodology, staff and availability are incredibly helpful. You will typically be working with your consultant for weeks or months, and during that time you will exchange emails almost daily, so it is important to make sure that there is affinity between you and your consultant. In that regard, Ryan was patient, understanding, and determined to get the very best application.

I secured great offers of admissions into 3 out of 4 programs (all top 20) I applied to using Stacy Blackman's consultancy services. Initially, I was only hoping to get 1 or maybe 2 offers in a best-case scenario, and of course, I ruled out any offer with scholarship. However, the success I garnered has far exceeded all my expectations, and it has been partly thanks to Ryan Barba. I would like to emphasize his help through the essays, the mock interview, his availability and his turnaround times.

There is no doubt that one of the great decisions that got me into a top business school was choosing Stacy Blackman’s comprehensive consulting services, and especially Ryan’s execution and delivery of those services! How else would an international male with average stats from unknown schools and 5 years of experience from an unknown company would get into a top 10 school with a merit scholarship??
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2018, 20:35
Review for Menlo Coaching.

I would like to share my experience working with Menlo Coaching and David White.
Executive Summary

I can say without reservation that if you work with Menlo Coaching, whether it's David or Alice, you will be able to craft your story in the best way possible to elevate your candidacy and produce writing that you can truly be proud of. You'll have someone in your corner who sees you and your MBA candidacy far more accurately than you can see it yourself- and you'll have someone who can help you shape your application materials to be the best they can possibly be. This, along with a little luck, can get you results that will surprise you (in the good, life-changing way).
About me
I’m far from being the perfect candidate for a top-MBA program. I achieved poor grades early in undergrad (mainly due to maturity issues). Although I made my best attempt to pull my grades up my final two years, I still came out with a GPA that would be significantly lower than a top-MBA program’s average. I have somewhat of a rough past, and am very un-diverse (ahem, white male). Currently I’m an engineer working in the defense industry. I’m good with numbers, but not words, and MBA applications use a lot of words. I knew it was going to be an uphill battle, and I needed a tailwind. I read some incredible reviews on this site for Menlo Coaching, contacted them, and was lucky enough to get David White as my consultant. David has spent several years working in tech in Silicon Valley, and knows the landscape of the tech world quite well- so our working relationship was a good match, professionally and culturally, since my goal was to make it into the tech industry.
Intro Call

David gave a clear picture of exactly what is going on with top MBA programs: elite employers rely on MBA programs to pre-screen the pool for top candidates, so they know they’re not wasting time when it comes to recruiting those candidates. Yes- you learn extremely useful practical business knowledge and build the all-important network- but I’d say the main thing is that elite employers use it as a screen.
Kickoff
Our first order of business was to find out everything about me, and get all of my cards on the table. This took the form of an hour kick-off phone call with David, where I shared with him the story of my life (seriously, starting from early childhood): how I decided that engineering was for me, why I chose the undergrad that I did, any struggles I had, and what I wanted out of my career. This laid the foundation for essay material, and also helped with school selection- which came next.
School Selection
David and Alice have a pretty good idea about how the schools differ, and intuitively know where your best chances may be. I thought I knew the schools I wanted to apply to, but I didn’t hear what I wanted to hear from David. He gave an honest assessment that my chances at the tippy-top schools were pretty much zilch. But that’s how I knew I had found the right consultant. No funny stuff or “sure, we can drop an app into Harvard!” I didn't want to choose the 'wrong' school and one that wasn't a good fit for me. David and I chose schools that I truly wanted to attend, and I think this sentiment came out in my essays and helped me. Yes, it's important that you go to a great top-ranked school to be successful, but you'll be even more successful if you go to a top-ranked school that's the right fit for you.
Essays and Applications
The material shared in our initial conversation was combined with my goals and the product was a goal statement of sorts, which ALL of the applications required, whether it was 150 characters or 150 words. This was an important piece- "packaging" me such that it made sense that I'm transitioning to the career I wanted. David knew that schools cared about this, because ultimately they are concerned with employment numbers, which are important metrics that go into their rankings. David helped take my engineering and programming background and craft it into a palpable statement arguing that I'm a good candidate for the technology sector but I lack business knowledge needed for product management (true). David also helped me craft a resume that concisely communicated the best of my professional accomplishments and my competencies as an engineer. Menlo Coaching's approach to essay and short response writing is very efficient. I'd start with some bullet points (shooting in the dark) of what I thought were good topics or points to make, and David would filter those to the 'best' items. Then came a few drafts, each becoming more polished and concise and natural with diligence between myself and David and the editor. I was particularly fascinated with the quality of my essays in the end. I was also impressed that the essays were the truest reflection of myself and the highlights of my candidacy. Additionally, getting down to the right word count (a pain in the ass) was something that David and I working together were able to achieve with relative ease.
GMAT
During all of this, David kept encouraging me to retake the GMAT based on my practice test scores, and directed me to a tutor that ultimately proved to be the best decision I made with respect to GMAT prep. I studied hundreds of hours for the exam (I know because I kept track!) and my efforts finally came to fruition with a score that was above every school’s average except Stanford’s.
Visits and Interviews

David encouraged me to visit all the schools I was applying to ahead of time (before interviews), something I'll admit was a big expense but something that definitely moved the needle for me. It helped me speak with authority about why that school was the right fit for me. David also prepped me for interviews (I interviewed at all 4 schools I applied to) via skype, and we got my responses to where I was confident to field any question, but not at all canned or scripted. It helped. David has executive experience in the tech world, and been on both sides of the interview table a LOT.

Outcomes
So back to my main point: I was somewhat of a longshot at the schools I applied to- I have some obvious holes in my candidacy that would make it easy for an admissions director to throw me in the ding pile without second thought. But with David and Menlo Coaching I was able to do each little thing right- the visits, the essays, the GMAT, the interviews- and while individually those things may not have moved the needle enough, together [I believe] they turned the tide. I applied to four schools, interviewed at all four, and was accepted to 2 out 4 of those schools- one top-12 program and one top-10 program. This fall I will be attending a top-10 school that was absolutely a reach for me and is my dream. I'm amazed and proud of what David and I were able to accomplish with a **** ton of hard work and competent execution. I'm convinced that I gave it my best shot and got into a first-rate school that's a terrific fit for me. I left everything out on the battlefield and at the same time I had a lot of help from David. Don’t ever count yourself out if you’re an ugly duckling.
Other Thoughts
Yes, the cost of services was not insignificant, but it also wasn’t far off from the average of what other consultancies charge. But I’m in this thing for the long haul, and it’s really just a drop in the bucket compared to what I will gain, pecuniary and otherwise. David was very generous with his time, and the services ended up being cheaper than what I had projected.
I'd recommend contacting David or Alice ASAP (at least 5-7 months before deadlines) to land a coveted spot on their client list. My journey began about 12 months ago, when I was in your shoes, reading this same thread from 2017. Good luck, and reach out to Menlo Coaching.
Manager
Manager
B
Schools: Tepper '20 (A)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Jun 2018, 10:59
Review for ARLee Consulting.

I started working with Alex roughly 1 week before 2 of my applications were due and I really enjoyed working with him. It was very daunting and stressful for me at first because of the tight timeline but we were able to get several iterations done which ensured that I submitted my best applications. In total, I worked with Alex on 3 applications including my essays, resume/CV and LORs and was accepted to all 3 schools with scholarship; including a top 15 MBA program.

We worked on crafting my story to be consistent with all aspects of the applications. Alex coached me throughout the entire process and was very responsive, prompt and easy to work with. From my research when looking for a consultant, I discovered that some of them only communicate through email and while this works for some people, I knew I needed a more open and less formal style. Alex made me feel comfortable in reaching out with any queries along the way and I liked that he made himself available where I could easily bounce ideas off of him.

My overall experience was very positive and I would highly recommend him to anyone interested in working with a supportive and knowledgeable MBA consultant.
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2018, 07:53

First thing first, Experts' Global helped me score 760 from a 700 earlier through their very effective GMAT online program. That made me gain trust in the firm and I didn't bother inquiring about any other admission consulting company. I must say that the intuitive decision I took has been totally worth it.

On the day of the enrollmental, I was assigned a team of specialists for different aspects of applications. I was also sent a detailed video explaining the entire process together with a planner that divided the entire process into 20 plus milestones with clear ownerships, a way that I personally found extremely effective for my style of working.

Thereafter, I was given two very detailed questionnaires to fill; these documents made me think and put all main accomplishments and experiences in an organized way. Then, I engaged with Experts Global in a long discussion about my career goals and the complete story of my life and career. With this brainstorming complete, I found the broad aspects of applications in control.

Over the next several days, we worked closely on the application essays. With a solid background work in place, the essays came up really well and I was extremely happy with the final draft. I felt confident about my essays and in facing possible questions on them in the interviews.

Simultaneously, I was helped with my resume, online form, and approach for recommendations. Soon, I received the interview invitation and I got great support for the same. Particularly, the set of interview preparation videos I was provided with by Experts Global were great help and prepared me for the frequent questions and three general approach towards the interviews.

I have received an admit from the only Spring intake school I applied to. I will be applying to more programs for fall intake and do so with confidence, with an admit this early in the season.

Thank you Experts Global for all the support in my GMAT as well as applications.

My main tips for any future applicants taking their help-

1. Please follow their processes and the milestones in the planner prepared for you. You will find the application process completing in an effective way.

2. Watch their set of videos for applications/essays as well as interviews. They are particularly helpful and bust several myths and help in avoiding common mistakes and setting a strong base.

3.You are bound to have questions; consolidate your questions and have them clarified. I found the team quite helpful and aproachable; they always help.

I hope this helps. Thank you all.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Ross '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.55
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2018, 16:42
Review for Square One Prep.

After two failed attempts (12 submissions over 2 years) at getting into a top-10 business school working with another admissions consulting firm, I almost gave up on my business school aspirations. Every time I spoke with an admissions consultant about my candidacy, I was given the same diagnosis… Your story is compelling! Your scores are incredible! Any business school would be lucky to have you! But, no one could give me a concrete reason I was rejected without interview at every single school I applied to - only that the top schools are all extremely competitive and it is sometimes just luck. When I came to Square One for their thoughts on my previous applications, I expected the same response. And then I spoke to Kathryn.

My initial 30-minute consultation turned into an almost 2-hour long conversation about every part of my application. She gave me 3 specific areas where my previous applications went wrong, and unlike the other consultants, Kathryn said she could see why I was rejected. She was direct and didn’t sugar-coat any of her thoughts. Everything she said was spot-on and I appreciated her candor about how I needed to improve my applications. I was sold. Kathryn paired me with one of her consultants, Julia, to rush out round 2 schools after my round 1 rejections. Julia was supportive, creative, and pushed me to dig deeper on every aspect of my applications. She helped me finish 5 school applications in less than a month (even through the holidays), and I received 4 interview invitations out of the 5 top-10 schools I applied to in round 2.

This September, I will be starting at Michigan Ross with a full-tuition merit scholarship! After 17 applications over 3 attempts, I almost lost hope, and certainly never expected to have the life-changing opportunity to go to an amazing business school debt-free. If you are looking for an admissions consultant, I highly suggest you work with Square One. I cannot recommend them highly enough!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Schools: Haas '21, Tuck '21
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.9
Re: "Best" Admissions Consulting Companies - 2018 Season  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2018, 14:10
Review North Star Admissions

Let’s start the story with the outcome I am going to my dream school and that is without doubt thanks to Karen!

A few months ago after being denied admission from all the schools I applied to the previous year and despite having worked with a « famous» consultant from a « famous » firm, I decided to reapply to the same schools and also to apply for the first time to my dream school which was a stretch considering my stats. I decided to « audit » possible consultants and came upon Karen. Any free consultation could only give a glimpse of what it would be like working together but from the first call you can hear in Karen’s cheerful voice that she is on your side. Karen was the first person to believe in me and to push me to apply to my dream school. As I mentioned I did not apply to my dream school in my first round of application last year because the previous consultants told me I would never make it they just looked at my profile and analyzed the stats and concluded I could only make it to a top 15 schools at best. Karen had a very candid and holistic look at my profile and concluded that both of us could make it to my dream school with some hard work of course.

So here are the best part of working with Karen:
- she understands that all prospective applicants are rough diamonds and that with some hard work you can go to your dream school! Unlike other consultants who are not willing to go the extra mile with you but just to make you fit in a box
- Karen will be your coach from day one until you put your deposit in the school you aimed to get to, at no point she will let you down (trust me on this point if you are Rocky Balboa, Karen is Mickey Goldmill)
- all her inputs and prep will make you think that you could have never do so good without her inputs

This is just my opinion but after going through two admission cycles and working with several consultants before Karen I can tell you Karen is the real deal. I am going to my dream school!

Good luck to all of you, you can all make it!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: "Best" Admissions Consulting Companies - 2018 Season &nbs [#permalink] 22 Sep 2018, 14:10

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 37 posts ] 

"Best" Admissions Consulting Companies - 2018 Season

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap