GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 06 Dec 2019, 05:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.3
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2019, 11:00
R2 deadline is now moved to 5th January, 2020
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2019, 11:01
iamsiddharthkapoor wrote:
R2 deadline is now moved to 5th January, 2020

Yes. I guess you were on call too :)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Tepper
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.08
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2019, 12:07
Does anyone know what Concentrations/Tracks will be offered for Online students for this class?
Sloan MIT School Moderator
P
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2019, 12:00
Just completed the webinar of Tepper CMU. Posting it here too to help MIT candidates WHO MIGHT apply

• The course is Quant heavy and they prefer to see either GMAT or GRE. (Opinion- They truly do, almost 22% from GRE, checked myself)
  • The program is STEM. Your degree regardless of concentration will be STEM
  • Your academic performance is essential in the review. If you are an engineer, take a sigh of relief as you can demonstrate talent to deal with quant, if your scores say that of course
  • Use the optional essay to describe any, ANY, thing that would raise an eye brow. Call it a asterisk as a T&C apply type stuff
  • Take courses on math, business math if you can to demonstrate that you can take the quant.
  • You may take another GMAT after applying, just mention that to the Adcom and submit that before interview deadlines.
  • The LORs from a person "who knows your well and is an advocate of your accomplishment" is preferred over "designation"
  • If your current direct supervisor cannot give you the LOR then mention that in Additional essay and use an indirect supervisor (Opinion- Prefer to take one LOR from direct supervisor and one from a person with good position who knows you professionally well to maintain a balance of Brand value and Knowledge)
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2019, 07:48
Tepper's notification deadline is 11 Dec. Can we expect more interview invites before that?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2019, 11:07
has anyone of you received rejection? or do they send out rejections on the notification deadline only?
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2019, 00:00
admission2020 wrote:
Tepper's notification deadline is 11 Dec. Can we expect more interview invites before that?

If last year is anything to go by, final R1 invite was reported on Nov 22nd on the forum hence there is only a slim chance of getting invite from hereon.

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2019, 23:16
Exactly 11 days to D-day! Too many nerves to handle
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2019, 20:40
Does tepper also call a day before the decision day?

Posted from my mobile device
Vanderbilt School Moderator
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2019, 01:30
admission2020 Although I haven't received a rejection, but if my interview was anything to go by, I'm expecting one lolol.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2019, 04:52
abhimanyu1945 wrote:
admission2020 Although I haven't received a rejection, but if my interview was anything to go by, I'm expecting one lolol.

How so..if you could explain...

My interview went exceedingly fine...even found a far fetched connection with the interviewer as well...but did a blunder of mentioning a different Plan B in the interview to what I wrote in one of the prompts in the essays.Only realized afterwards.. Since it was a blind interview,the interviewer didn't know that and didn't challenge about it in the interview as well. It's almost Christmas...they would let it slide hopefully...
Vanderbilt School Moderator
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2019, 05:03
imsmoitra
Congrats on your interview, that sounds like it went mighty fine! And also congrats on Marshall and HEC admissions!!! Sounds like you'd be facing a happy dilemma!

So my interview went very very average, and there were certain questions (behavioral), to which I couldn't cite definite examples/instances and just gave very general answers (even though the questions were specifically asking for examples to be quoted). Sure, i was fluent and confident throughout my interview, but the content of my answers could have been much better.
I also misconstrued a question (the question was basically about one quality of your senior/manager that you would like to emulate/copy- I misconstrued it to mean a quality i would like to avoid).
Also, it was my very first MBA interview ever, so it went only as well as a first interview can go lol. So Im not hoping for much.
Good luck for the results
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022   [#permalink] 06 Dec 2019, 05:03

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   [ 72 posts ] 

Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: abhimahna, chanjaso