GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Sep 2018, 01:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.35
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 17:01
trav2020 wrote:
PierrechonWerbecque wrote:
Anyone else get that financial aid email?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

I did not get it. I have an interview scheduled for next week though, so haven’t interviewed yet.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Sorry. It was for admitted students. Good luck on your interview!

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2018, 13:06
PierrechonWerbecque wrote:
Anyone else get that financial aid email?

Yes, the 'Declaration of Finances' email: received it yesterday (I had submitted the form last month itself though).
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q155 V155
GPA: 1
Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2018, 14:14
Hello everyone! I am a November Round applicant and it has been 9 weeks since my Johnson interview. I am eagerly awaiting a reply and am hoping that the answer is an acceptance or at least a wait list decision. Can anyone provide feedback or share their own experience so this does not feel so strange, especially considering that the deposit deadline has passed? I have been accepted to other top 20 programs, but Johnson has been my first choice since I attended JWiB in the Fall. Thank you!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2018, 18:27
cpgcohort wrote:
Hello everyone! I am a November Round applicant and it has been 9 weeks since my Johnson interview. I am eagerly awaiting a reply and am hoping that the answer is an acceptance or at least a wait list decision. Can anyone provide feedback or share their own experience so this does not feel so strange, especially considering that the deposit deadline has passed? I have been accepted to other top 20 programs, but Johnson has been my first choice since I attended JWiB in the Fall. Thank you!

Try emailing the admissions staff directly and ask for an update since the initial notification deadline for the November round has passed.

It's clear that there are no standardized rounds with Cornell, so I'm not sure other people's experiences would help.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 200 Q1 V1

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2018, 20:49
cpgcohort wrote:

Yeah its clear Johnson is being a bit sneaky and throwing R2 with R3 apps and comparing the two, since they know that few schools have any deposit deadlines before April. A bit unfair for those in R2 but good reference for next year's applicants to not really bother applying for R2 unless they are confident they are competitive for LEAD. I'm glad I polished my app significantly before submitting in R3.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
WE: General Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 06:01
January Round applicant here. Still no information on an interview invite. Assume this to be a ding and get on with life??
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 620 Q39 V36
GRE 1: Q155 V160
GPA: 3.65

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 14:42
What is the interview like? Have mine scheduled for next week. Seems to be fairly standard/relaxed?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2018, 14:43
rohitgokul wrote:
January Round applicant here. Still no information on an interview invite. Assume this to be a ding and get on with life??

I received my interview invite on Friday last week, so there is definitely still hope.

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Kellogg '20
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.98
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2018, 22:16
Hi Guys - Anyone of you waitlisted without an interview? Does Johnson ever reject anyone or simply 'waitlists' candidates when it wants to reject them.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
WE: General Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 00:11
Yeah, I have been waitlisted without interview. Not sure what that means to be honest. The decision tracker shows some people having been rejected too. All the best.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.35

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 06:44
GMATAspire290 wrote:
Hi Guys - Anyone of you waitlisted without an interview? Does Johnson ever reject anyone or simply 'waitlists' candidates when it wants to reject them.

It’s the rolling admissions process. They will interview you from the waitlist when they have gone through other candidates, if there are slots available. Best of luck!!

Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: Johnson '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 06:56
From Johnson’s website “You will receive one of three initial notifications following a preliminary review of your application and materials: invitation to interview, waitlist without interview or denial of admission.”

So had you not had a chance whatsoever in the adcom’s eyes, you wouldve received a denial rather than waitlist. Keep your hopes up!

Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 15:10
Hey guys. Interviewed Wednesday from the January round. Was told I should hear a decision within SIX WEEKS. Isn’t this crazy? They were already the latest interview by far (because of when they invited me not anything on my end). I already have decisions pretty much from all my others schools and need to make a decision asap. 6 weeks is after the deposit date for my other schools. It’s even past Johnson’s own admit weekend. I asked about that and the lady said they would try to have decisions before then but wasn’t sure. The 6 weeks date was said by two different people at Johnson too. They made it sound like 4 was best case scenario which is still to late. What should I do? Can I give it a week and a half and call asking for a decision if I have an admit elsewhere I would take if they say no?

Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q155 V155

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 15:19
Nson40 wrote:
Hey guys. Interviewed Wednesday from the January round. Was told I should hear a decision within SIX WEEKS. Isn’t this crazy? They were already the latest interview by far (because of when they invited me not anything on my end). I already have decisions pretty much from all my others schools and need to make a decision asap. 6 weeks is after the deposit date for my other schools. It’s even past Johnson’s own admit weekend. I asked about that and the lady said they would try to have decisions before then but wasn’t sure. The 6 weeks date was said by two different people at Johnson too. They made it sound like 4 was best case scenario which is still to late. What should I do? Can I give it a week and a half and call asking for a decision if I have an admit elsewhere I would take if they say no?

I hate to say it but some of us have unfortunately been waiting for 6-12 weeks for a decision post interview since round 2. So even if they say 4-6 weeks (which they told me 3-4 weeks back in January) it's entirely possible that it could be much longer. I'm so sorry Nson40 BUT on the flip side there are also people who do get accepted 3 weeks post-interview. Johnson's process is just really tough. I guess they figure if you really want Cornell, you'll make it happen even in these conditions.
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 15:43
cpgcohort wrote:
Nson40 wrote:

I hate to say it but some of us have unfortunately been waiting for 6-12 weeks for a decision post interview since round 2. So even if they say 4-6 weeks (which they told me 3-4 weeks back in January) it's entirely possible that it could be much longer. I'm so sorry Nson40 BUT on the flip side there are also people who do get accepted 3 weeks post-interview. Johnson's process is just really tough. I guess they figure if you really want Cornell, you'll make it happen even in these conditions.

Wow that’s crazy. Their yield rate must be awful. Probably be much higher ranked if they were ran better I’m assuming.

Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q160 V163

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 16:15
Nson40 wrote:

I had my interview one month ago, still no news. I feel dissapointed too.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 16:21
LuckyL wrote:
Nson40 wrote:

Oof, what a long time. Would you choose Johnson over Ross?
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q160 V163

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 16:27
trav2020 wrote:
LuckyL wrote:
Nson40 wrote:

Oof, what a long time. Would you choose Johnson over Ross?

OMG at this point I don't know - It depends on so many factors like scholarships!
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 16:45
Nson40 wrote:

I was told 3-4 weeks during my interview last week. It's crazy to think they switched it to 6 weeks in a span of one week.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 16:49
Also, has Cornell always been like this (regarding the delayed decisions)? Or is it due to recent changes at the school?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020 &nbs [#permalink] 16 Mar 2018, 16:49

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  23   24   25   26   27   28   29  ...  34    Next  [ 672 posts ] 

Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap