GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Sep 2018, 06:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 170
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 18:05
wallstreetmonkey7 wrote:
Nson40 wrote:
Hey guys. Interviewed Wednesday from the January round. Was told I should hear a decision within SIX WEEKS. Isn’t this crazy? They were already the latest interview by far (because of when they invited me not anything on my end). I already have decisions pretty much from all my others schools and need to make a decision asap. 6 weeks is after the deposit date for my other schools. It’s even past Johnson’s own admit weekend. I asked about that and the lady said they would try to have decisions before then but wasn’t sure. The 6 weeks date was said by two different people at Johnson too. They made it sound like 4 was best case scenario which is still to late. What should I do? Can I give it a week and a half and call asking for a decision if I have an admit elsewhere I would take if they say no?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


I was told 3-4 weeks during my interview last week. It's crazy to think they switched it to 6 weeks in a span of one week.


My boss said “you don’t want those people trying to teach you business who can’t even run their own business” .


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Nov 2017
Posts: 139
Location: United States
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 18:17
Nson40 wrote:
wallstreetmonkey7 wrote:
Nson40 wrote:
Hey guys. Interviewed Wednesday from the January round. Was told I should hear a decision within SIX WEEKS. Isn’t this crazy? They were already the latest interview by far (because of when they invited me not anything on my end). I already have decisions pretty much from all my others schools and need to make a decision asap. 6 weeks is after the deposit date for my other schools. It’s even past Johnson’s own admit weekend. I asked about that and the lady said they would try to have decisions before then but wasn’t sure. The 6 weeks date was said by two different people at Johnson too. They made it sound like 4 was best case scenario which is still to late. What should I do? Can I give it a week and a half and call asking for a decision if I have an admit elsewhere I would take if they say no?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


I was told 3-4 weeks during my interview last week. It's crazy to think they switched it to 6 weeks in a span of one week.


My boss said “you don’t want those people trying to teach you business who can’t even run their own business” .


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


You've got some great schools in your back pocket already though. Any ideas of what you'll do?
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 170
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 18:57
wallstreetmonkey7 wrote:
Nson40 wrote:
wallstreetmonkey7 wrote:
[quote="Nson40"]Hey guys. Interviewed Wednesday from the January round. Was told I should hear a decision within SIX WEEKS. Isn’t this crazy? They were already the latest interview by far (because of when they invited me not anything on my end). I already have decisions pretty much from all my others schools and need to make a decision asap. 6 weeks is after the deposit date for my other schools. It’s even past Johnson’s own admit weekend. I asked about that and the lady said they would try to have decisions before then but wasn’t sure. The 6 weeks date was said by two different people at Johnson too. They made it sound like 4 was best case scenario which is still to late. What should I do? Can I give it a week and a half and call asking for a decision if I have an admit elsewhere I would take if they say no?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


I was told 3-4 weeks during my interview last week. It's crazy to think they switched it to 6 weeks in a span of one week.


My boss said “you don’t want those people trying to teach you business who can’t even run their own business” .


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


You've got some great schools in your back pocket already though. Any ideas of what you'll do?[/quote]

Duke. Unless Johnson gave a good scholarship.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Nov 2017
Posts: 139
Location: United States
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 19:31
Nson40 wrote:

Duke. Unless Johnson gave a good scholarship.


I figured. Best of luck with your Johnson decision!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 28 Dec 2016
Posts: 88
Location: United States (IL)
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: Johnson '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2018, 12:10
On the latest US News MBA Ranking, Johnson remained pretty much consistent at #15, a +1 from prior year. It's a great school with great potential. I wish I get my acceptance. I'd join Johnson at a heartbeat.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Nov 2017
Posts: 139
Location: United States
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2018, 12:16
Just curious, has anyone received a quick rejection after interviewing?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 28 Dec 2016
Posts: 88
Location: United States (IL)
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: Johnson '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2018, 12:19
I havent seen any updates on the tracker lately. I dont believe the adcom held a meeting yet. Hope they sit down some time soon and start giving decisions. I received my invitation towards the end of Feb and interviewed on the 12th of Mar. I have not heard anything back


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 28 Dec 2016
Posts: 88
Location: United States (IL)
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: Johnson '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2018, 12:47
This is just my guestimation, but looking at interview calendar, adcom have their calendar full till friday this week, but it’s wide open next week. Maybe next week will be the week they meet up


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Nov 2017
Posts: 139
Location: United States
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2018, 15:54
CPGguyMBA2018 wrote:
This is just my guestimation, but looking at interview calendar, adcom have their calendar full till friday this week, but it’s wide open next week. Maybe next week will be the week they meet up


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


I sure hope that's the case. Need to know ASAP at this point.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Jan 2018
Posts: 67
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 200 Q1 V1
GPA: 1
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2018, 00:39
Based off historical posts, looks like they always meet Wednesday and call people on Thursday. So I'm gonna assume lots of R3 applicants will hear in two days. Also looks like 2-3 weeks around on average till they make a decision, so more waiting game to be played perhaps...
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Nov 2017
Posts: 139
Location: United States
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2018, 14:21
Apply2020 wrote:
Based off historical posts, looks like they always meet Wednesday and call people on Thursday. So I'm gonna assume lots of R3 applicants will hear in two days. Also looks like 2-3 weeks around on average till they make a decision, so more waiting game to be played perhaps...


I sure hope you're right....
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 28 Dec 2016
Posts: 88
Location: United States (IL)
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: Johnson '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2018, 07:41
Apparently there are admissions decisions being made via phone call today. I see two additional admits so far on livewire.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 170
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2018, 07:46
CPGguyMBA2018 wrote:
Apparently there are admissions decisions being made via phone call today. I see two additional admits so far on livewire.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Is this likely only for people who interviewed a long time ago? (Sounds like some people have been waiting 6-12 weeks). I only interviewed last Wednesday. Any chance someone like that gets a call?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Jan 2018
Posts: 67
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 200 Q1 V1
GPA: 1
Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 25 Mar 2018, 21:25
Nson40 wrote:
CPGguyMBA2018 wrote:
Apparently there are admissions decisions being made via phone call today. I see two additional admits so far on livewire.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Is this likely only for people who interviewed a long time ago? (Sounds like some people have been waiting 6-12 weeks). I only interviewed last Wednesday. Any chance someone like that gets a call?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

The people who interviewed at 6-12 weeks ago are probably being put on hold until they finish interviewing everyone and then they go one last round of admissions of that specific candidate pool. This is an educated guess. I would say you would definitely have to wait till next week but who knows.

Originally posted by Apply2020 on 22 Mar 2018, 08:04.
Last edited by Apply2020 on 25 Mar 2018, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 28 Dec 2016
Posts: 88
Location: United States (IL)
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: Johnson '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2018, 08:14
My interview was last week too... it’s really nerve wrecking seeing others getting acceptance.

Hey Apply2020, did you interview already? If they have not viewed your submission I assume your status is “under review?”


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Jan 2018
Posts: 67
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 200 Q1 V1
GPA: 1
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2018, 08:21
CPGguyMBA2018 wrote:
My interview was last week too... it’s really nerve wrecking seeing others getting acceptance.

Hey Apply2020, did you interview already? If they have not viewed your submission I assume your status is “under review?”


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Yes interviewed already. I meant an additional view for the final decision. Got 2 such views on my Mccombs video after my interview so I am guessing they would do a similar process at Johnson (could be completely wrong).
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 28 Dec 2016
Posts: 88
Location: United States (IL)
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: Johnson '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2018, 08:23
Good luck!! Everybody!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Posts: 41
Location: United States (IA)
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V35
GPA: 3.6
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2018, 13:11
There was a large number of January round admits yesterday on clearadmit. Anyone in this camp care to comment on when they interviewed? I interviewed on 3/5 and I’m trying to gauge how long I can expect to wait before a decision.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 28 Dec 2016
Posts: 88
Location: United States (IL)
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: Johnson '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2018, 13:14
slipmeone wrote:
There was a large number of January round admits yesterday on clearadmit. Anyone in this camp care to comment on when they interviewed? I interviewed on 3/5 and I’m trying to gauge how long I can expect to wait before a decision.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


I was invited on 2/24 and interviewed 3/12.
For those admitted yesterday, date interview ranges from as early as 2/09 to as late as 3/14.



Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Dec 2017
Posts: 8
Location: United States (GA)
GRE 1: Q155 V155
GPA: 1
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2018, 13:17
slipmeone wrote:
There was a large number of January round admits yesterday on clearadmit. Anyone in this camp care to comment on when they interviewed? I interviewed on 3/5 and I’m trying to gauge how long I can expect to wait before a decision.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Submitted 11/10/17
Interviewed 1/8/18
Accepted 3/22/18


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020 &nbs [#permalink] 23 Mar 2018, 13:17

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30  ...  34    Next  [ 672 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.