GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Aug 2018, 03:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 13:44
wallstreetmonkey7 wrote:
People are getting off of waitlists now on Clearadmit...

It is pretty frustrating how they are running this admission cycle. I haven't experienced this with any other program. How are they accepting people off the waitlist when they still haven't even given a decision to R3 applicants? I interviewed mid March and was told it could take 6 weeks to hear a decision. Not only is that past other school deposit dates its past Johnson's own admit weekend. When I asked about that (the admit weekend) she said they would do their very best to have a decision before that. Pretty crazy.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 14:13
Nson40 wrote:
wallstreetmonkey7 wrote:

It is pretty frustrating how they are running this admission cycle. I haven't experienced this with any other program. How are they accepting people off the waitlist when they still haven't even given a decision to R3 applicants? I interviewed mid March and was told it could take 6 weeks to hear a decision. Not only is that past other school deposit dates its past Johnson's own admit weekend. When I asked about that (the admit weekend) she said they would do their very best to have a decision before that. Pretty crazy.

I wonder if any of this has to do with the dean's decision to leave and the fallout of it....
Manager
Manager
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 14:35
wallstreetmonkey7 wrote:
Nson40 wrote:
wallstreetmonkey7 wrote:

I wonder if any of this has to do with the dean's decision to leave and the fallout of it....

That is a bit fishy. Someone from class of 2015 even commented earlier that the admission process was not like this when he applied. Their yield could be hurt, along with the admission process and mysterious dean departure I could see a sharp drop in next years rankings...
Current Student
S
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 18:35
That certainly would hurt yield this year. But Adcom might be expecting that too. May be a bit drop in admit rate would put a lot on WL and that they can play with that list later in the game?
But it's Cornell. It carries a lot of weight out of the USA and many wouldn't even know what happend to Dean and many more, wouldn't care. Unless there is some structural issue, in 2 years time, it may be even forgotten..
Manager
Manager
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2018, 11:35
I really thought there would be a lot of admission decisions today... Guess the day is still young(ish).
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: Johnson '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2018, 11:38
Nson40 wrote:
I really thought there would be a lot of admission decisions today... Guess the day is still young(ish).

Exactly. As much as I want to trust in their process, I’m little disappointed. I see that you’ve been accepted to some great programs. Is it the potential $$$ from johnson that’s holding your final decision?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2018, 11:46
CPGguyMBA2018 wrote:
Nson40 wrote:

Exactly. As much as I want to trust in their process, I’m little disappointed. I see that you’ve been accepted to some great programs. Is it the potential $$$ from johnson that’s holding your final decision?

Yes, me too. It all doesn't make sense. Admitting people from WL and moving to R4 before giving people news any, good or bad.

And yes. At this point I'm all in on Duke...unless Johnson gives a strong scholarship.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 200 Q1 V1
GPA: 1
Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2018, 06:59
From last year's reports a few calls next week but very latest acceptance was 2nd week of April. For what its worth in 2016 last acceptance was 4/1.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2018, 09:13
I hope they'll release some decisions today....
Manager
Manager
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2018, 09:34
wallstreetmonkey7 wrote:
I hope they'll release some decisions today....

Me too...I’m not too optimistic though. I’m not even sure if schools are open today.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2018, 10:47
It seems like the school will start their spring break by EOD today with classes returning on April 9th....
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2018, 10:53
wallstreetmonkey7 wrote:
It seems like the school will start their spring break by EOD today with classes returning on April 9th....

Wow... just.. wow...

Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2018, 10:57
I hope Im not cluelessly waiting this long for a rejection...

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2018, 20:31
wallstreetmonkey7 wrote:

I dug into this a little bit more. Although students have spring break off, it doesn't seem like Cornell University staff members have spring break off. So....this week may be the week.
Manager
Manager
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2018, 07:36
wallstreetmonkey7 wrote:
wallstreetmonkey7 wrote:

I dug into this a little bit more. Although students have spring break off, it doesn't seem like Cornell University staff members have spring break off. So....this week may be the week.

Lets hope so. This is annoying. And I've only been waiting a few weeks. I cant imagine these people waiting 12 weeks without an answer yet. But its April...People need to know one way or another.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2018, 11:19
For those still waiting, do you think you'd email admissions?
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2018, 11:23
I think one person did, and the answer was that there is no set timeline as they are reviewing and accepting on a rolling-basis. I don’t know if the delay is because the class is almost filled and they have just few spots left. In that case, maybe they want to wait till round 4 applicants before giving admits to the rest of R3. Any thoughts?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2018, 12:04
CPGguyMBA2018 wrote:
I think one person did, and the answer was that there is no set timeline as they are reviewing and accepting on a rolling-basis. I don’t know if the delay is because the class is almost filled and they have just few spots left. In that case, maybe they want to wait till round 4 applicants before giving admits to the rest of R3. Any thoughts?

note sure how many spots they have left....however, since we applied during the January round, I'd imagine there's still a number of spots open.
Manager
Manager
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2018, 12:06
CPGguyMBA2018 wrote:

Deposit dates for another schools from the same round are fast approaching. They can’t lump to another round...they need to make decisions.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2018, 20:41
Maybe they met today and will be giving updates tomorrow. One can only hope anyway...
Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020 &nbs [#permalink] 04 Apr 2018, 20:41

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32  ...  34    Next  [ 672 posts ] 

Calling all Johnson 2018 applicants - class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap