It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 08:36

Live Now:

GMAT Verbal Live on YouTube: Join Now!

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 8

GPA: 3.9
Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2016, 13:42
javierpe89 wrote:
I still have "awaiting" on my GMAT score... is that normal?

I don't think it's a problem actually, I see this message in my application status "Please note, unofficial test scores will be accepted during the review stage, however, all applicants should ensure that official test scores are sent to Kellogg for verification purposes." so as long as you have reported your GMAT score, you don't need to worry about having official scores sent to them.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 8

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 0

Kellogg on Growth: Student Leadership Q&A (Part I) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2016, 16:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Kellogg on Growth: Student Leadership Q&A (Part I)
https://kelloggmbastudents.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/pockets-of-potential-tiffany-smith.jpg?w=627

Kellogg on Growth panel, “Pockets of Potential” held November 16, 2016. Photo Credit: Tiffany Smith ’17
As the most prestigious conference of the year, Kellogg on Growth provided the opportunity for students and faculty to connect with Fortune 500 executives, industry game-changers, bestselling authors and other thought leaders shaping the face of business today.

From working closely with faculty to develop specially tailored programming to identifying influential growth leaders to share their stories, the student leadership team was instrumental in helping shape and develop this year’s forum.

As part of the content team, both Tiffany Smith ’17 and Max Meyers ’17 worked with Kellogg faculty to bring influential business leaders and professionals to the forefront of their panel’s discussions.

In Part I of our Kellogg on Growth Student Leadership Q&A, Tiffany shares her experience as the student lead for “Pockets of Potential: Investing for Change”, where she worked with Professor Megan Kashner to bring a collection of senior leaders to the Kellogg stage to discuss investing in women and minority leaders and their ventures.

Why did you decide to join the Kellogg on Growth student leadership team?

Tiffany: I saw a need to bring topics to the forefront that highlight issues that are often hidden in the shadows of our economy. Within the financial inclusion and VC/entrepreneurship space, I saw an opportunity to bring premier thought leaders to campus to have a candid discussion around the current state of investment in underrepresented populations in this country. By 2040, it is projected that the U.S. will be majority populated with what is now deemed the “minority” population. When we talk about growth and what it means to be a business leader in this country, I felt I would be remiss to not focus on the implications of not investing in those populations now with the resources we have available. Less than 1% of minority entrepreneurs receive venture capital, yet 40% of pitches to VCs are done by minority entrepreneurs. Where is the disconnect?  It was also particularly important to me to lend a voice to historically disenfranchised populations to ensure there is a voice in the room to vocalize some of the challenges minority and women entrepreneurs face in the current landscape. On top of this, I saw an opportunity to network with some amazing classmates and administrators who put on the conference. I enjoy working with teams to bring a bigger vision to life.

As a student leader, what speakers and/or aspects were important for you to incorporate into this year’s forum?  

Tiffany: Creativity was especially important especially around the panel titles. Megan Kashner is an amazingly creative person, and we worked together to come up with the title “Pockets of Potential: Investing for Change”. It was also important for us to bring in both the investor and entrepreneurial/operator lens into the conversation to ensure it wasn’t an echo chamber discussion. People often shy away from listening to topics like this because they feel like it “doesn’t apply to them.” We were faced with the challenge of not only providing thought provoking content that would engage students and alums, but we also needed tangible and thoughtful suggestions on how best to affect change in venture capital and enlist the support of those in the room who wanted to shift the narrative.

Which panel resonated most with you and why?

Tiffany: I only ended up attending my assigned panel due to schedule conflicts, but I did get a chance to speak with Jean Case before her keynote and our conversation was very insightful as she is intimately aware of the staggering statistics around investment in underrepresented minorities and women.

What was the most challenging part of helping plan for Kellogg on Growth? How did you learn from this experience?

Tiffany: Balancing my obligations, including a summer internship, to ensure the panel was of the right caliber to meet the expectations of attendees was particularly challenging. I learned the necessity of transparency when dealing with team members and administration, especially around deadlines and goal targets. I learned that it’s sometimes better to be realistic than idealistic when coming up with content as there is always a fine line between what may be considered interesting versus out of touch. I also learned the importance of messaging clarity and perception. It is so important to understand your target audience and be thoughtful around how best to place your message in the broader atmosphere.

What’s been the most rewarding part of being on the Kellogg on Growth student leadership team? What opportunities have been the most impactful?

Tiffany: What inspired me most was working with my classmates, who inspire and motivate me to do better and be better in every aspect of my experience. I witnessed several of my peers lead conversations that would happen in front of hundreds of audience members, including a mix of working Kellogg alums and students. Having the ability to facilitate these conversations was highly impactful for me.

What advice would you offer to 1Y students interested in joining the student leadership team for KOG next year?

Tiffany: Make sure to get involved early and reach out to the team to get engaged as soon as you get on campus.

How will you apply the information gained from KOG to your current studies and/or future career plans?

Tiffany: As a leader, it’s crucial to be aware of the most pressing issues going on in society. It’s particularly important to understand how those issues can affect your team, staff and colleagues during trying times. Some of the topics discussed during Kellogg on Growth were extremely relevant and important for all Kellogg students to digest, but I think what is most important is that we recognize the need to be stewards of information and constantly sharing our thoughts on what is relevant.

What industry are you thinking of working in after graduation? If you already have been hired, where are you working?

Tiffany: I’m focused on the technology/social impact industry, particularly around workforce development, education and empowerment. I believe an MBA is a key tool to affecting real change in communities that need help the most. We are provided with such a toolkit that can be leveraged in environments that need our expertise. I believe those environments are where I am best suited to have the most impact and look forward to being an innovator and change maker post-MBA.

Filed under: Student Life Tagged: Kellogg on Growth, social impact http://feeds.wordpress.com/1.0/comments ... .com/8190/
https://pixel.wp.com/b.gif?host=kellogg ... ef=&feed=1
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Manager
Manager

Kellogg on Growth: Student Leadership Q&A (Part II) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2016, 16:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Kellogg on Growth: Student Leadership Q&A (Part II)
https://kelloggmbastudents.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/20161116-jr-kog-panelists-0737_312851.jpg?w=627

Kellogg on Growth panel, “Scaling Operations”, held November 16, 2016. Photo Credit: Jonathan Gibby
In Part II of our Kellogg on Growth Student Leadership Q&A, Max Meyers ’17 shares his experience as the student lead for “Scaling Operations: Tools and Tactics”, working with Professor Michael Mazzeo to provide attendees with a tactical view of how leading companies are executing against growth targets in their markets.

Why did you decide to join the Kellogg on Growth student leadership team?

Max: To echo Dean Blount, I think there’s a lot that’s changing, and that we need leaders – “thought leaders” specifically – to help thoughtfully navigate this new reality. I’ve been a part of several conferences (from SxSW to summits for government execs) and feel like Kellogg has the potential to really offer a strong platform that brings together multiple perspective in this conversation – and wanted to be a part of that.

As a student leader, what speakers and/or aspects were important for you to incorporate into this year’s forum?

Max: I really wanted to bring the kind of speakers to campus that students wanted to connect with – who brought credibility and whose experience resonated with our future interests. That meant looking for recognized companies and leaders with different industry perspectives – we had a healthcare company named to INC 500’s fastest-growing, financial services, and CPG. And then trying to find a format brings the stories to life – we experimented with several in the session.

Which panel resonated most with you and why?

Max: Well, I got to hand-pick the speakers for the Scaling Operations session – so of course I love their stories and Professor Mazzeo’s insights! But more broadly, I really enjoyed the Wednesday morning (Day 2) plenary. What Leigh Morgan said really resonated – to solve tough societal problems, we need cognitive diversity (diverse perspectives and experiences) and to work across traditional sector or organizational boundaries. Coupling her impact focus with Brian Lee’s challenge was especially powerful: “If you believe in something, go do it. Don’t wait for funding, get as much data as you can, but do it.”

What was the most challenging part of helping plan for Kellogg on Growth? How did you learn from this experience?

Max: Students are a pretty unique audience – and a really important one – which has made this a really different experience than other conferences I’ve been a part of. It’s hard to make an interactive format when you can’t anticipate the perspectives that audience members bring (especially for session with 200+ attendees). Navigating this challenge helped me continue to learn both the importance of pushing for what you think is critical (format), while reminding me how helpful institutional perspectives are – faculty and staff leads had some great intuitions about what worked based on last year’s experience!

What’s been the most rewarding part of being on the Kellogg on Growth student leadership team? What opportunities have been the most impactful?

Max: Getting to help shape the evolution of Kellogg on Growth has been pretty rewarding. It’s only the second year for the forum, and it’s fun to both be asked for inputs and ideas – and for them to be used and come to life!

What advice would you offer to 1Y students interested in joining the student leadership team for KOG next year?

Max: I think it’s important to think about what impact you can make in one year – and in that sense, Kellogg on Growth is a great leadership opportunity since it’s something you can absolutely shape in the course of your year. In fact, 1Y’s have a particular advantage and opportunity for leadership and influence over the summer as everyone else focuses on internships.

What industry are you thinking of working in after graduation? If you already have been hired, where are you working?

Max: I’ll be heading back to Deloitte Consulting in Washington, D.C., where I work in our public sector practice.

Did you miss Part I in the series? Read the Q&A featuring Tiffany Smith ’17 here.

Filed under: Student Life Tagged: growth and scaling, Kellogg on Growth http://feeds.wordpress.com/1.0/comments ... .com/8209/
https://pixel.wp.com/b.gif?host=kellogg ... ef=&feed=1
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 13

Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.58
WE: Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2016, 07:56
Hormazd91 wrote:
visram04 wrote:
14 more days to go!! This wait is so difficult!!
Please share your thoughts on how you are coping up with anxiety.

Btw, economist has ranked Kellogg at #2. This would surely be followed by a surge in the application volume. Do you think there will be higher competition (i.e, rejection rate) this year?

Good luck to all..

Posted from my mobile device

Oh man. Don't ask. It's getting a bit too real now. I find myself zoning out a lot at work and randomly at home as well.

I just want this wait to end already.

Sent from my Mi 4i using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Productivity is already poor for me as well haha. I'm going to be a nervous wreck when decision day comes!

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2016, 08:06
Goillini13 wrote:
Hormazd91 wrote:
visram04 wrote:
14 more days to go!! This wait is so difficult!!
Please share your thoughts on how you are coping up with anxiety.

Btw, economist has ranked Kellogg at #2. This would surely be followed by a surge in the application volume. Do you think there will be higher competition (i.e, rejection rate) this year?

Good luck to all..

Oh man. Don't ask. It's getting a bit too real now. I find myself zoning out a lot at work and randomly at home as well.

I just want this wait to end already.

Productivity is already poor for me as well haha. I'm going to be a nervous wreck when decision day comes!

I have taken a one week vacation and spending time in the middle of nature. This would make the time go away faster :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manager
Manager
B

Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.58
WE: Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2016, 08:11
bitspankaj wrote:

I have taken a one week vacation and spending time in the middle of nature. This would make the time go away faster :P

Smart move! Get away from the internet haha

Manager
Manager

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2016, 08:13
Goillini13 wrote:
bitspankaj wrote:

Haha yes i am. Came to just check if there were any important work related mails :)

IE Thread Master
B

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V40
GRE 1: 325 Q161 V164
GPA: 3.7
WE: General Management (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2016, 08:26
bitspankaj wrote:
Goillini13 wrote:
bitspankaj wrote:

Haha yes i am. Came to just check if there were any important work related mails :)

It is very hard to stay away from the internet when you are expecting this kinda gist.

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2016, 20:05
I'll be out of the country on decision day, likely without cell service. Does anyone know if they leave a voicemail?

Hormazd91 wrote:
bitspankaj wrote:
Does Kellogg call and inform everybody?

From what I've heard, they try calling all admitted candidates. Waitlisted and denied candidates receive an email notification.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: Stern '19 (II)

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2016, 01:26
GregF wrote:
I'll be out of the country on decision day, likely without cell service. Does anyone know if they leave a voicemail?

Hormazd91 wrote:
bitspankaj wrote:

From what I've heard, they try calling all admitted candidates. Waitlisted and denied candidates receive an email notification.

I have the same question! Will be on a plane for the entirety of decision day so eager to find out! Good luck

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 21

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V44
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2016, 01:58
kimmt wrote:
GregF wrote:

Hormazd91 wrote:
[quote="bitspankaj"]Does Kellogg call and inform everybody?

I have the same question! Will be on a plane for the entirety of decision day so eager to find out! Good luck[/quote]
As per older forum posts, in case you don't answer the acceptance phone call, the AdCom will most likely drop an email informing you that he or she tried to reach out but couldn't get through, and either ask you to call back or expect another call shortly.

And in case you don't call back/answer the second call either, there's still nothing to worry about. You'll receive your final decision via an email asking you to check the portal by the end of the day along with waitlisted and denied candidates, irrespective.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 10

GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2016, 01:55
I'm also travelling on the D-day.. 10 days to go.. this countdown gets more real than ever before.. knowing that many are in the same boat actually helps :)

And yea, I also find myself disengaged in many ways..

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 10

Expert Post
Math Forum Moderator
B

Kudos [?]: 1723 [0], given: 792

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2016, 14:07
GregF wrote:

Hormazd91 wrote:
bitspankaj wrote:

Kellogg and most of the top schools will reach out to you by phone to give you the congratulatory news. If they can not reach you, they will definitely leave a voicemail or send you a quick email to call back on a particular number. Even if you dont get a call for any reason, rest assured they will not give your spot away to someone else!!

Most schools send out the admit emails that same evening or next A.M. at the latest.

Good luck, only a matter of few days now.

Thursday with Ron updated list as of July 1st, 2015: http://gmatclub.com/forum/consolidated-thursday-with-ron-list-for-all-the-sections-201006.html#p1544515
Rules for Posting in Quant Forums: http://gmatclub.com/forum/rules-for-posting-please-read-this-before-posting-133935.html
Writing Mathematical Formulae in your posts: http://gmatclub.com/forum/rules-for-posting-please-read-this-before-posting-133935.html#p1096628
GMATCLUB Math Book: http://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-math-book-in-downloadable-pdf-format-130609.html
Everything Related to Inequalities: http://gmatclub.com/forum/inequalities-made-easy-206653.html#p1582891
Inequalities tips: http://gmatclub.com/forum/inequalities-tips-and-hints-175001.html
Debrief, 650 to 750: http://gmatclub.com/forum/650-to-750-a-10-month-journey-to-the-score-203190.html

Kudos [?]: 1723 [0], given: 792

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 07:19
I'm a Round 2 applicant and have a question about the following statement on Kellogg's website:

"All applicants are considered equally; however, the earlier you apply, the greater chance we can accommodate your interview preference."

Does anyone know if this refers to submitting the entire application early (including video essays and recommendations)
or if they start working to match applicants with interviewers as soon as they've submitted the application form?

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 26

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 08:39
chelsey792 wrote:
I'm a Round 2 applicant and have a question about the following statement on Kellogg's website:

"All applicants are considered equally; however, the earlier you apply, the greater chance we can accommodate your interview preference."

Does anyone know if this refers to submitting the entire application early (including video essays and recommendations)
or if they start working to match applicants with interviewers as soon as they've submitted the application form?

What is YOUR personal opinion? Do not want to offend, but I guess it's obvious, nobody would start without application fee.

PS
Got it, you meant without essay and recs BUT after app fee. My opinion is yes, they will start matching, because they do not read application at all before interview

Last edited by vnor on 08 Dec 2016, 08:49, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 26

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 08:43
vnor wrote:
chelsey792 wrote:

What is YOUR personal opinion? Do not want to offend, but I guess it's obvious, nobody would start without application fee.

Definitely agree on them not starting without the application fee--I have submitted my application, paid the fee, and have one rec submitted. I am mainly wondering if I need to ask my other recommender to get hers in earlier.

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.91
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 09:19
chelsey792 wrote:

Definitely agree on them not starting without the application fee--I have submitted my application, paid the fee, and have one rec submitted. I am mainly wondering if I need to ask my other recommender to get hers in earlier.

My guess is that they won't send the interview emails out until after you hit submit on the whole application. They may have someone matched with you and just waiting to send the emails out once you hit submit. I applied round 1 and submitted like 3 days before the deadline, then I received the email to interview a couple of days after the deadline.

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 27 [1], given: 21

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 09:34
This post received
KUDOS
dagthepowerful wrote:
chelsey792 wrote:

My guess is that they won't send the interview emails out until after you hit submit on the whole application. They may have someone matched with you and just waiting to send the emails out once you hit submit. I applied round 1 and submitted like 3 days before the deadline, then I received the email to interview a couple of days after the deadline.

I received my interview invite almost immediately (in a matter of about 2 hours) after I got done with my video essays.

Kudos [?]: 27 [1], given: 21

Expert Post
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 12:45
My strong bet would be that everything (including recommender letters) has to be in first. Some recommenders will miss deadlines and cause an applicant to roll over to the next round, so they would not want to waste time matching someone that might still roll to the next round.

But even if you apply before the deadline I would not necessarily expect an interview invite BEFORE the round deadline. They just might have them geared up and ready to go but won't send anything out until the round has officially ended. I had a client get his interview invite a full TWO MONTHS after the Round 1 deadline this year (yes, really), so like with everything else about this process, you'll have to be patient.

Hope that helps!

chelsey792 wrote:

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2016, 02:01
Five days to go!

Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!   [#permalink] 09 Dec 2016, 02:01

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  38    Next  [ 748 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: Gnpth

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap