It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 02:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2016, 10:54
MarketingMaven wrote:
Goillini13 wrote:
jmikery wrote:

Leaning towards Kellogg, I got an admit to UCLA with some money so I'll ask Kellogg if they can provide anything. If they equalize, or close the gap, I'll take Kellogg. With no money, it's a harder decision but still leaning Kellogg, not really thinking about the Booth WL

How are you planning on approaching this? Was hoping to get money from another school to do the same with Kellogg

Is this an option? Can you go to Kellogg with other scholarship offers with a reasonable expectation that they might increase their offer?

Is this possible to negotiate with the school that are lower in ranking such as UCLA?

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 21

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V44
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2016, 04:18
Before moving away from this thread, I just want to thank everyone here for having been a wonderful resource that aided me tremendously throughout the application cycle. I made it to some extent because of you guys as well. Thank you!

And All the best to all R2 and R3 applicants! Feel free to reach out to me in case you'd like to chat about anything specific.

Sent from my Mi 4i using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 21

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2016, 04:36
Hormazd91 wrote:
Before moving away from this thread, I just want to thank everyone here for having been a wonderful resource that aided me tremendously throughout the application cycle. I made it to some extent because of you guys as well. Thank you!

And All the best to all R2 and R3 applicants! Feel free to reach out to me in case you'd like to chat about anything specific.

I second you mate! I was able to keep my calm during the process knowing that folks around the world are going through the same anxiety as I was!

Would love to help out in anyway I can guys! :)

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach

Kudos [?]: 185 [1], given: 76

Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2016, 23:39
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
MarketingMaven wrote:
Goillini13 wrote:
jmikery wrote:

Leaning towards Kellogg, I got an admit to UCLA with some money so I'll ask Kellogg if they can provide anything. If they equalize, or close the gap, I'll take Kellogg. With no money, it's a harder decision but still leaning Kellogg, not really thinking about the Booth WL

How are you planning on approaching this? Was hoping to get money from another school to do the same with Kellogg

Is this an option? Can you go to Kellogg with other scholarship offers with a reasonable expectation that they might increase their offer?

Yes - I had an admit get an extra $10K from Kellogg after Booth matched their offer. He was pretty exceptional, but also, it was round 3, so still shocking.

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
http://PoetsandQuants.com/Consultants/Farrell-Dyan
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Kudos [?]: 185 [1], given: 76

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE: Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2016, 09:42
Guys,

I had added a recommender for Kellogg at the start of Dec'16. He wanted to fill it up, and had started filling the recommendation as well, but in the middle, he had some family emergency, due to which he said he may not be able to devote time.

I then canceled the recommender and added a new recommender. However, the new recommender has not received any link, despite me sending multiple reminders.

I have sent an email to Kellogg - but have not got a reply. I tried calling them but they said they are closed.

I want to know if I can start a new application and fill in the items, with a newer email ID. What I want to know is this - GMAC has sent the test scores to Kellogg already, and in the current application, the test scores come as verified.

If I fill in with a newer email ID, and fill in my GMAT score, will there be a discrepancy? Does the university only verify that I gave an exam on that day, or will they not accept my scores?

Additionally, I can add the personal email ID of the personal recommender, but will this be seen in a bad light?

Thanks,
sad_general

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 16

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.73
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2016, 13:17
Hi,

I have one question to those who already applied, about the procedure to schedule for on-campus interview. I'm about to submit my application, and I'm fro South America, I'll be at Chicago for three days for work. I want to schedule in those days if possible. I just want to know what happens if I select on-compus interview, and then, when I have to schedule, there are no longer appointments available on the dates available. Would I be able to change my interview preference back to off-campus???

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 16

Expert Post
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 26 Dec 2016, 11:23
I would not rely on advice from other applicants on this message board for this one as no one but the Kellogg adcom will know the answer for sure. I would recommend emailing them or calling them to ask what you should do (and tell them the dates you will be in Chicago) before you submit. You have a little time so I would advise contacting them today as I'm sure they're pretty swamped.

Good luck!

ngbpy wrote:
Hi,

I have one question to those who already applied, about the procedure to schedule for on-campus interview. I'm about to submit my application, and I'm fro South America, I'll be at Chicago for three days for work. I want to schedule in those days if possible. I just want to know what happens if I select on-compus interview, and then, when I have to schedule, there are no longer appointments available on the dates available. Would I be able to change my interview preference back to off-campus???

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 8

GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Reviews Badge
My Kellogg Review [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2016, 02:27

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 8

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2016, 03:27
ngbpy wrote:
Hi,

Would like to know the same too!

Expert Post
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2016, 10:34
As I mentioned above, you should call the adcom about your specific situation. I would not stake anything on replies/advice from a message board for something like this.

Good luck!

jerrygmat wrote:
ngbpy wrote:
Hi,

Would like to know the same too!

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 136 [0], given: 51

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 550 Q37 V28
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 3: 650 Q44 V35
GMAT 4: 680 Q49 V32
GMAT 5: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.33
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2016, 22:23
1Y program

Researching or Writing Essays
GMAT: 680, Q49, V32
GPA: 3.33
WE: 36 months
Industry: Other

My GMAT Journey From 550 - 740

My application debrief to Kellogg '19

My MBA Blog

Kudos [?]: 136 [0], given: 51

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 0

Round 2 Application Deadline Reminder [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2017, 10:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Round 2 Application Deadline Reminder
https://kelloggmbastudents.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/round1deadlineapproaching.png?w=627

Are you looking to start your MBA journey in 2017?

This is a friendly reminder that our deadline for Round 2 applications is quickly approaching. To be considered for Round 2, please submit all application materials by 5 p.m. (CT) on Wednesday, Jan. 4, 2017.

If you submit your application for Round 2, you will receive your admissions decision on March 22, 2017.

Before you submit your application, you may want to take a look at these admissions resources:

• Starting Your MBA Application (Video)
  • Tips for applying to Kellogg (Podcast)
  • How to answer Kellogg’s essay questions
  • How Kellogg applicants are assessed
If you have any questions about Kellogg’s deadlines or the application process, please contact us at mbaadmissions@kellogg.northwestern.edu or .

Learn more about Kellogg’s Full-Time program.

Filed under: Admissions http://feeds.wordpress.com/1.0/comments ... .com/8237/
https://pixel.wp.com/b.gif?host=kellogg ... ef=&feed=1
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2017, 11:57
Hey guys,

quick question: I have submitted my application and received an confirmation email. According to the mail, a link for the video essay will appear on my applicant page after paying the application fee. On the Kelloggg website on the other hand, it is mentioned that applicants will get a detailed mail regarding the video essay once they have paid the fess. In my case, the link has appeared, but I didn't get a mail. Is that correct or would you write a quick mail to the admissions office.
Furthermore, I am curious if I have to finish the video essay by the deadline (tomorrow) or if I have more some more days to finish it.

Your help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Mathias

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
B

Schools: Booth '20 (II)
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2017, 12:06
Hi,
I have 2 questions. It would be great if someone can help me.

1. My recommender is traveling and will be able to submit R2 recommendation only by 5th Jan. If my application online is submitted before the deadline and my recommendation is submitted one day after the deadline, will the R2 application be pushed to R3?

2. Do the video essay questions also need to be submitted before 4th Jan (5pm CST)? Or they can be submitted within one week after the online application. (Let's say I submit the application on 4th Jan and respond to video essays by 10th Jan)

Expert Post
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2017, 12:11
Usually, yes. You would be pushed to Round 3. There are deadlines for a reason. If I were you I would call the Kellogg adcom immediately and see what your options are. They may say that if YOUR materials are all in by the deadline that there is a short window for recommenders to submit afterward, but I have DEFINITELY SEEN clients be pushed to round 3 in situations like this with other top programs, so be prepared. You do NOT want to find yourself in Round 3. Do everything you can to get/help your recommender to submit before the deadline.

I am pretty sure you have until the 10th to submit the video responses.

Good luck!

crackdmba wrote:
Hi,

1. My recommender is traveling and will be able to submit R2 recommendation only by 5th Jan. If my application online is submitted before the deadline and my recommendation is submitted one day after the deadline, will the R2 application be pushed to R3?

2. Do the video essay questions also need to be submitted before 4th Jan (5pm CST)? Or they can be submitted within one week after the online application. (Let's say I submit the application on 4th Jan and respond to video essays by 10th Jan)

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q43 V46
GRE 1: 332 Q162 V170
GPA: 3.8
WE: Analyst (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2017, 12:14
I submitted my R2 application yesterday, and did the video questions after a few hours of practice.

My questions (paraphrased):
1) What would you like to try? (I named an outdoor activity)
2) What path are you interested in pursuing, how will you get there, and why is this program right for you? (same for everyone)
3) Tell us about a time where things didn't go according to plan, and how you responded.

<---I only took the GRE. The GMAT score displayed is what the conversion calculator produces.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 27 [1], given: 21

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V44
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2017, 12:31
This post received
KUDOS
Mattes1988 wrote:
Hey guys,

quick question: I have submitted my application and received an confirmation email. According to the mail, a link for the video essay will appear on my applicant page after paying the application fee. On the Kelloggg website on the other hand, it is mentioned that applicants will get a detailed mail regarding the video essay once they have paid the fess. In my case, the link has appeared, but I didn't get a mail. Is that correct or would you write a quick mail to the admissions office.
Furthermore, I am curious if I have to finish the video essay by the deadline (tomorrow) or if I have more some more days to finish it.

Your help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Mathias

Hey! You have seven days following the application deadline to complete your video essays for Kellogg (although I'd advise you to get them out of the way as early as possible). You can head to the video essay portal directly using the link on your application status page once you've paid the application fee. All the best!

Kudos [?]: 27 [1], given: 21

Intern
Intern
B

Schools: Booth '20 (II)
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2017, 12:34
SBCErikaOlson wrote:
Usually, yes. You would be pushed to Round 3. There are deadlines for a reason. If I were you I would call the Kellogg adcom immediately and see what your options are. They may say that if YOUR materials are all in by the deadline that there is a short window for recommenders to submit afterward, but I have DEFINITELY SEEN clients be pushed to round 3 in situations like this with other top programs, so be prepared. You do NOT want to find yourself in Round 3. Do everything you can to get/help your recommender to submit before the deadline.

Good luck!

crackdmba wrote:
Hi,

Thanks Erika for your suggestion. I called the admissions office to explain my situation. The person who responded the call was quite helpful and was ready to consider my case. Still, to be 100% sure, I am asking my recommender to submit at the earliest by 4th.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 4

GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.71

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2017, 13:28
crackdmba wrote:
SBCErikaOlson wrote:

Good luck!

crackdmba wrote:
Hi,

Thanks Erika for your suggestion. I called the admissions office to explain my situation. The person who responded the call was quite helpful and was ready to consider my case. Still, to be 100% sure, I am asking my recommender to submit at the earliest by 4th.

I received an email from Kellogg a few weeks back with this info and some other FAQs:

My recommender has not received the recommendation link I sent them.
Some employer email addresses may be firewalled due to security settings. We can send your recommender the link to complete your recommendation administratively - please email us with this request. All recommendations are due within 1 week of the application deadline on January 11.

Did they tell you something different when you called?

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2017, 13:38
Where can i find the practice video essay questions?

Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!   [#permalink] 04 Jan 2017, 13:38

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  23   24   25   26   27   28   29  ...  38    Next  [ 748 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: Gnpth

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap