It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 19:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2017, 10:03
Hi there -

Yes, I think that's a good plan. However, if they don't want to give you the details for the interviewer, don't worry about it. Since you're conveying in the email to the adcom that you'd like to write your contact to thank them for their time, the adcom will therefore know that you're trying to do the polite thing and it's the thought that counts. ; )

Good luck!

Leohoney wrote:
Hi Erika, I just got done with a skype interview with an alum but can't remember their name! :oops: (The skype call came from a generic MBA Admissions ID). What do you suggest I should do? Do I write to the adcom to share the name and email details of the person who interviewed me and then send them a thank you note?

SBCErikaOlson wrote:
In case this helps anyone else in the coming weeks I just wanted to say that if you don't get your adcom interviewer's direct email address, it's fine to send the message to the general adcom address that you should have from your interview invite. In the subject line just put: Attention: INTERVIEWER's NAME, Thank You

For alumni interviews everyone would have their alum's email address in the first place in order to set up a time/place for the chat.

Good luck, everyone!

bb10 wrote:
Erm, how do we send a thank you note? I don't have my interviewer's email address?

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com

Expert Post
B

Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2017, 10:06
I agree with this advice -- especially since this personally happened to me waaaaay back when I interviewed. (#OLD) And I've had clients call me crying about disastrous interviews this year -- and then they ended up getting in (in Round 1). So the interview truly is just one data point and the adcom is VERY aware that there are some, um, "personalities" across their alumni base (for ALL schools). So while it totally sucks that you had this experience, try to stay positive and remain confident in your candidacy. And man I would also suggest going and doing something nice for yourself this weekend as a little present for surviving that discussion!

Ella2017 wrote:
deetdeet wrote:
I interviewed with Kellogg this week and my interviewer positively did NOT like me at all. She didn't come from my industry and thought that my career and industry did not warrant an MBA, saying that unless I wanted to go into finance or consulting I was pretty much shooting blanks. Feeling pretty disheartened after the interview given that I thought my application was quite strong otherwise. Pity...

I know it's tough but hang in there, you never know..you could have a good surprise, dont lose hope just yet

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 19

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.85
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2017, 01:57
Thanks for the advice, Erika. I wrote to the adcom and obtained my interviewer's email. She is working as a temp adcom staff to help with heavy admission workload these few months.

I wonder if that's a good or a bad thing, that I got interviewed by a temp adcom staff. My interview was kinda short (40 mins) but very pleasant. Is that because the person had 'written me off' in the first few minutes and was only doing a check in the box thereafter? Losing sleep over this

SBCErikaOlson wrote:
Hi there -

Yes, I think that's a good plan. However, if they don't want to give you the details for the interviewer, don't worry about it. Since you're conveying in the email to the adcom that you'd like to write your contact to thank them for their time, the adcom will therefore know that you're trying to do the polite thing and it's the thought that counts. ; )

Good luck!

Leohoney wrote:
Hi Erika, I just got done with a skype interview with an alum but can't remember their name! :oops: (The skype call came from a generic MBA Admissions ID). What do you suggest I should do? Do I write to the adcom to share the name and email details of the person who interviewed me and then send them a thank you note?

SBCErikaOlson wrote:
In case this helps anyone else in the coming weeks I just wanted to say that if you don't get your adcom interviewer's direct email address, it's fine to send the message to the general adcom address that you should have from your interview invite. In the subject line just put: Attention: INTERVIEWER's NAME, Thank You

For alumni interviews everyone would have their alum's email address in the first place in order to set up a time/place for the chat.

Good luck, everyone!

[quote="bb10"]Erm, how do we send a thank you note? I don't have my interviewer's email address?
[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 96

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V41
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2017, 02:23
SBCErikaOlson wrote:
I agree with this advice -- especially since this personally happened to me waaaaay back when I interviewed. (#OLD) And I've had clients call me crying about disastrous interviews this year -- and then they ended up getting in (in Round 1). So the interview truly is just one data point and the adcom is VERY aware that there are some, um, "personalities" across their alumni base (for ALL schools). So while it totally sucks that you had this experience, try to stay positive and remain confident in your candidacy. And man I would also suggest going and doing something nice for yourself this weekend as a little present for surviving that discussion!

Ella2017 wrote:
deetdeet wrote:
I interviewed with Kellogg this week and my interviewer positively did NOT like me at all. She didn't come from my industry and thought that my career and industry did not warrant an MBA, saying that unless I wanted to go into finance or consulting I was pretty much shooting blanks. Feeling pretty disheartened after the interview given that I thought my application was quite strong otherwise. Pity...

I know it's tough but hang in there, you never know..you could have a good surprise, dont lose hope just yet

I had my interview(skype) in middle of January and I didn't send a thank you note thinking that I do not have my interviewer's mail id. Do you think I should send a note now (given that it's too late and they'd think I'd have woken up from my slumber a little too late)?

Cheers..

- Rohit

Expert Post
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2017, 09:15
Hi there Rohit -

No, I would not follow up on it now -- I think it would come off like you are wanting to nudge them for information rather than as a genuine thank-you at this point. And don't worry, it truly will not have an effect on their final decision. Good luck!

ranarohitsinghdeo wrote:
SBCErikaOlson wrote:

I had my interview(skype) in middle of January and I didn't send a thank you note thinking that I do not have my interviewer's mail id. Do you think I should send a note now (given that it's too late and they'd think I'd have woken up from my slumber a little too late)?

Cheers..

- Rohit

Expert Post
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2017, 09:17
Hi there -

Rest assured this is totally normal! We have several ex-Kellogg adcom members on our staff who have confirmed this is part of their process and they actually usually know the people they hire as temps quite well. Sounds like your interview was definitely within the time range that's normal so I wouldn't stress about any of it. They take their jobs seriously and would never write someone off within a few minutes. Hope that helps you sleep a little better! Good luck!

[quote="Leohoney"]Thanks for the advice, Erika. I wrote to the adcom and obtained my interviewer's email. She is working as a temp adcom staff to help with heavy admission workload these few months.

I wonder if that's a good or a bad thing, that I got interviewed by a temp adcom staff. My interview was kinda short (40 mins) but very pleasant. Is that because the person had 'written me off' in the first few minutes and was only doing a check in the box thereafter? Losing sleep over this

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2017, 09:17
SBCErikaOlson wrote:
Hi there Rohit -

No, I would not follow up on it now -- I think it would come off like you are wanting to nudge them for information rather than as a genuine thank-you at this point. And don't worry, it truly will not have an effect on their final decision. Good luck!

ranarohitsinghdeo wrote:
SBCErikaOlson wrote:

Cheers..

- Rohit

Thank you, Erika!! :-)

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 10

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.88

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2017, 23:17
Did anyone receive a mail from Kellogg with subject line: "career support for a lifetime"? Just want to check if it has gone to everyone or select few. #interpretations #anxiety

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 10

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 25 [1], given: 96

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2017, 23:27
This post received
KUDOS
liber wrote:
Did anyone receive a mail from Kellogg with subject line: "career support for a lifetime"? Just want to check if it has gone to everyone or select few. #interpretations #anxiety

Even I've received it. I think they've send it to everyone. #nointerpretation #doesnotmeananythingspecial #keepcalmandcarryon #goodluck

Kudos [?]: 25 [1], given: 96

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 17 [1], given: 16

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2017, 23:45
This post received
KUDOS
liber wrote:

I believe it was a general mail. I got one too.

Kudos [?]: 17 [1], given: 16

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.85
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2017, 23:45
Thanks Erika. This helps

SBCErikaOlson wrote:
Hi there -

Rest assured this is totally normal! We have several ex-Kellogg adcom members on our staff who have confirmed this is part of their process and they actually usually know the people they hire as temps quite well. Sounds like your interview was definitely within the time range that's normal so I wouldn't stress about any of it. They take their jobs seriously and would never write someone off within a few minutes. Hope that helps you sleep a little better! Good luck!

Leohoney wrote:
Thanks for the advice, Erika. I wrote to the adcom and obtained my interviewer's email. She is working as a temp adcom staff to help with heavy admission workload these few months.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Schools: Tuck '19 (I)

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2017, 01:01
Yesterday I had an interview and it lasted about 70 mins.
There were a lot of questions on leadership and at the end I was asked about why MBA and why Kellogg.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 16

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2017, 04:23
Hiker wrote:
There were a lot of questions on leadership and at the end I was asked about why MBA and why Kellogg.

Does anyone know what percentage of interviewed students get admitted at Kellogg?

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3720 [0], given: 2420

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2017, 04:28
JamieCecil wrote:
Hiker wrote:

Does anyone know what percentage of interviewed students get admitted at Kellogg?

I don't have official figure but interview acceptance rate (average of last 3 years) of GMATClub applicants at Kellogg is 37%. See this post.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/chances-of-g ... 30246.html

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Manager
Manager
S

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2017, 04:31
Narenn wrote:
JamieCecil wrote:
Hiker wrote:

I don't have official figure but interview acceptance rate (average of last 3 years) of GMATClub applicants at Kellogg is 37%. See this post.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/chances-of-g ... 30246.html

:(

So not much hopes for an Indian applicant with a 710 then

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2017, 20:31
SBCErikaOlson wrote:

Ella2017 wrote:
deetdeet wrote:

Thanks so much for the encouraging words! I really hope I get a happy ending like that. Fingers crossed that I get a good call in 2 weeks!

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Schools: Kellogg '19
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 14:01
Guys,

I just received an unexpected promotion yesterday. I know that R2 decision is less than 3 weeks away. Should I still call/email adcom to let them know about this update?

Thanks!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Concentration: Technology

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 14:10
neverregret wrote:
Guys,

I just received an unexpected promotion yesterday. I know that R2 decision is less than 3 weeks away. Should I still call/email adcom to let them know about this update?

Thanks!

I would definitely reach out to the AdCom if I were you. I would also include your application reference number (which can be found in your application portal) to make it easier for them to update your file.

And congrats!

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GPA: 1

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2017, 13:54
Hey Everyone, kind of new here. I was accepted in Round 1. Wanted to know if there is a whatsapp group?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 04:58
Rajeev0007 wrote:
Hey Everyone, kind of new here. I was accepted in Round 1. Wanted to know if there is a whatsapp group?

Hey Rajeev, Congrats on admit! Not sure about Whatsapp group but we have a separate discussion thread for admitted students here... https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 30672.html

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!   [#permalink] 06 Mar 2017, 04:58

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35  ...  38    Next  [ 748 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: Gnpth

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap