GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 10 Dec 2018, 01:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
2526272829301
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
303112345
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Feb 2014
Posts: 15
Location: India
Concentration: Human Resources, General Management
Schools: Tepper '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.33
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2017, 21:08
Any invites to indian applicants?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Sep 2012
Posts: 108
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V41
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 12:12
sabtr9 wrote:
M@Arya wrote:
Anybody from the 2y program got any interview invites?


Just finished mine with an alum- she was a 1Y and I'm applying to MMM.



Do you mind sharing your profile?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Sep 2012
Posts: 108
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V41
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 12:17
gmat7m wrote:
Good News = None.

I didn't apply, but Tepper was surprisingly quick with their interview invites - within 24-36 hours of the application deadline.


Their admissions director, Kelly, had talked about this in the MBA tour. She said that they send few invites right after the application deadline. They pick up these profiles based on some combination (I guess GMAT/ GRE score + numbers of years of experience + UG school) and then they keep looking through the applications and send another set of invitations two weeks later.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Posts: 156
Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 12:35
rrsd wrote:
gmat7m wrote:
Good News = None.

I didn't apply, but Tepper was surprisingly quick with their interview invites - within 24-36 hours of the application deadline.


Their admissions director, Kelly, had talked about this in the MBA tour. She said that they send few invites right after the application deadline. They pick up these profiles based on some combination (I guess GMAT/ GRE score + numbers of years of experience + UG school) and then they keep looking through the applications and send another set of invitations two weeks later.



So we're not their first preference?
_________________

If you found this post useful, hit Kudos! :D

Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Sep 2012
Posts: 108
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V41
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 12:39
gmat7m wrote:
rrsd wrote:
gmat7m wrote:
Good News = None.

I didn't apply, but Tepper was surprisingly quick with their interview invites - within 24-36 hours of the application deadline.


Their admissions director, Kelly, had talked about this in the MBA tour. She said that they send few invites right after the application deadline. They pick up these profiles based on some combination (I guess GMAT/ GRE score + numbers of years of experience + UG school) and then they keep looking through the applications and send another set of invitations two weeks later.



So we're not their first preference?


I am genuinely not sure whom does your 'we' refers to. :)
Current Student
User avatar
V
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4409
Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 12:41
I agree with that premise. Last there there was a bunch of invites sent out too all kinds of geographies immediately after the deadlines. It included at least a couple of folks on GMATClub from last year. This year - it seems eerily quiet so probably using a different strategy? Anybody Indian who got an invite speak up!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
_________________

Have an MBA application Question? ASK ME ANYTHING!

My Stuff: Four Years to 760 | MBA Trends for Indian Applicants

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
How I got into five schools from zero - Applicant Lab Review
Veritas Prep Live Online

Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Sep 2012
Posts: 108
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V41
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 12:44
gmat7m wrote:
rrsd wrote:
gmat7m wrote:
Good News = None.

I didn't apply, but Tepper was surprisingly quick with their interview invites - within 24-36 hours of the application deadline.


Their admissions director, Kelly, had talked about this in the MBA tour. She said that they send few invites right after the application deadline. They pick up these profiles based on some combination (I guess GMAT/ GRE score + numbers of years of experience + UG school) and then they keep looking through the applications and send another set of invitations two weeks later.



So we're not their first preference?


If you're talking about Indians then I have no reason to believe that they (Tepper) don't send invites to Indians in the first lot. I was talking to a current student from my University and she said that she got an invite right after even though her recommendation was not submitted for next 4-5 days.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Sep 2012
Posts: 108
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V41
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 12:46
souvik101990 wrote:
I agree with that premise. Last there there was a bunch of invites sent out too all kinds of geographies immediately after the deadlines. It included at least a couple of folks on GMATClub from last year. This year - it seems eerily quiet so probably using a different strategy? Anybody Indian who got an invite speak up!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Yep, that happened to me for Kellogg. I got an interview invite few hours after submitting my video essays. I am from India but at that time I was in Dubai. Not sure if that influenced anything.
Current Student
User avatar
V
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4409
Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 12:53
rrsd wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
I agree with that premise. Last there there was a bunch of invites sent out too all kinds of geographies immediately after the deadlines. It included at least a couple of folks on GMATClub from last year. This year - it seems eerily quiet so probably using a different strategy? Anybody Indian who got an invite speak up!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Yep, that happened to me for Kellogg. I got an interview invite few hours after submitting my video essays. I am from India but at that time I was in Dubai. Not sure if that influenced anything.


So you got an interview invite this year? That’s very cool. Please keep us posted.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
_________________

Have an MBA application Question? ASK ME ANYTHING!

My Stuff: Four Years to 760 | MBA Trends for Indian Applicants

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
How I got into five schools from zero - Applicant Lab Review
Veritas Prep Live Online

Current Student
User avatar
V
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4409
Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 12:53
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Sep 2012
Posts: 108
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V41
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 12:56
souvik101990 wrote:
rrsd wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
I agree with that premise. Last there there was a bunch of invites sent out too all kinds of geographies immediately after the deadlines. It included at least a couple of folks on GMATClub from last year. This year - it seems eerily quiet so probably using a different strategy? Anybody Indian who got an invite speak up!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Yep, that happened to me for Kellogg. I got an interview invite few hours after submitting my video essays. I am from India but at that time I was in Dubai. Not sure if that influenced anything.


So you got an interview invite this year? That’s very cool. Please keep us posted.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app



Apologies for the confusion. I got the invite in January for R2 (for class of 2019). I haven't yet got the invite from Kellogg or for that matter anywhere else.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Posts: 156
Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 07 Oct 2017, 12:58
rrsd wrote:
If you're talking about Indians then I have no reason to believe that they (Tepper) don't send invites to Indians in the first lot. I was talking to a current student from my University and she said that she got an invite right after even though her recommendation was not submitted for next 4-5 days.


Okay, so no more Tepper talks on the Kellogg thread- I thought for a moment the person (Kelley) is from Kellogg. Gets confusing.

Do you know if Kellogg follows a similar algorithm though?
_________________

If you found this post useful, hit Kudos! :D


Originally posted by gmat7m on 07 Oct 2017, 12:58.
Last edited by gmat7m on 07 Oct 2017, 12:58, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
User avatar
V
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4409
Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 12:58
Oh got it. Makes sense now. Last year they did send Indian invites right after the deadline. If you don’t mind answering, what was your last years status? What was your profile like and which schools did you apply to? I’m a reapplicant too so i’m quite interested.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
_________________

Have an MBA application Question? ASK ME ANYTHING!

My Stuff: Four Years to 760 | MBA Trends for Indian Applicants

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
How I got into five schools from zero - Applicant Lab Review
Veritas Prep Live Online

Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Sep 2012
Posts: 108
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V41
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 13:01
gmat7m wrote:
rrsd wrote:
If you're talking about Indians then I have no reason to believe that they (Tepper) don't send invites to Indians in the first lot. I was talking to a current student from my University and she said that she got an invite right after even though her recommendation was not submitted for next 4-5 days.


Okay, so no more Tepper talks on the Kellogg thread- I thought for a moment the person (Kelley) is from Kellogg. Gets confusing.

Do you know if Kellogg follows a similar algorithm though?


Yes, Kellogg also follows a similar (not same) algorithm but with a small difference. Kellogg interviews almost everyone which is not the case everywhere.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Sep 2012
Posts: 108
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V41
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 13:04
souvik101990 wrote:
Oh got it. Makes sense now. Last year they did send Indian invites right after the deadline. If you don’t mind answering, what was your last years status? What was your profile like and which schools did you apply to? I’m a reapplicant too so i’m quite interested.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


For last year you can check it right here. Right under my picture..Applied to lots of places but didn't get anywhere.

Regarding the profile - Indian , IT , Male, with more years of experience than average (with few years of very good international experience) and some solid activities outside of work.
Current Student
User avatar
V
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4409
Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 13:12
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Sep 2012
Posts: 108
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V41
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 13:17
souvik101990 wrote:
Got it. Yeah makes sense. Are you still applying for the MMM program or FT? I hope both of us get some good news soon.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Yep. Truck loads of good luck to us!!

Still applying for MMM. It makes better sense for my post MBA plans. I hope the adcom sees that way..

By the by, MMM is Full Time. It's FT MBA + MS in design innovation (from the Segal Design Institute at the McCormick School of Engineering).
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 06 Aug 2017
Posts: 40
Location: India
Schools: Tuck '20 (S)
GPA: 3.85
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 22:49
I may be wrong with what I am writing below. But I have some faith in my hypothesis.

Within the Indian Admissions Bucket, Kellogg has an immediate idea of who they want and who they don't. This is even before they read your essays. They also know what kind of applicant is treating them as a safe school and won't join.

As an Indian, you are to have atleast 5-6 points above their average GMAT or 10 above their median. As an Indian male you better turn up with a 760, 770 or 780 to be absolutely safe. I have a 750, I received a response- "Oh, that's just 10 below the 99%ile" . The person responding was relevant enough to give me a chill and even reconsider rewriting the GMAT. Kellogg wants to outdo everyone in GMAT scores. Everyone else wants to outdo everyone else on GMAT Scores. We have not reached the peak or bottom of the GMAT war.

Second, If you are IIT+ McK + Blackstone or IIT+4 yrs WE anywhere then they know you have applied to HBS and W, if not Stanford also. You are still going to get in. But depending on the number of these applicants, and the eventual yield, Kellogg will decide its Waitlists, and number of other graduates from non IITs, or elsewhere, with high GMATs, that it has to now pretend to like. The kind of applicant they can place at Deloitte or PWC Strategy& without much hassle.

Your essays are secondary, they will barely care if you don't put up the stats. Adcom has a very straight forward line- "If this application had a higher GMAT then it would have garnered much more interest" . I have heard this one and I have not forgotten it.
Current Student
User avatar
V
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4409
Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 23:04
Retired Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 26 Jul 2016
Posts: 298
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 23:07
1
Idle minds..
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020! &nbs [#permalink] 07 Oct 2017, 23:07

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  66    Next  [ 1305 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All Kellogg MBA Applicants(2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, DigitsnLetters, hanamana



Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.