Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:09 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2164 [3]
Given Kudos: 368
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 560 Q41 V26
GMAT 2: 550 Q43 V23
GMAT 3: 650 Q47 V33
GMAT 4: 650 Q44 V36
GMAT 5: 600 Q38 V35
GMAT 6: 710 Q47 V41
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Other, Finance
Schools: LBS '22 (WL)
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Re: Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022! [#permalink]
Has anybody been matched with an Alumni yet?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 2.4
Send PM
Re: Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022! [#permalink]
nyc20 wrote:

I am still waiting on this to happen too, but if you read the comments from the R1 candidates earlier in this thread, seems to take some time and it varies from person to person. They did mention it could take up to 2 weeks maximum, in which case, you have more time to prepare. I'm just curious when the ideal time to complete the video assessment is. They say by March 1st, but I'm worried waiting too long will show a lack of interest but completing it soon might leave me unprepared. I really want to give the best impression that I can. There's also a https://gmatclub.com/chat group link posted on page 4 of this thread that I just joined, so if anyone wants to practice interview questions send me a PM and let's talk on https://gmatclub.com/chat!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 610 Q34 V40
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 2.3
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
LXVE wrote:
nyc20 wrote:

I am still waiting on this to happen too, but if you read the comments from the R1 candidates earlier in this thread, seems to take some time and it varies from person to person. They did mention it could take up to 2 weeks maximum, in which case, you have more time to prepare. I'm just curious when the ideal time to complete the video assessment is. They say by March 1st, but I'm worried waiting too long will show a lack of interest but completing it soon might leave me unprepared. I really want to give the best impression that I can. There's also a https://gmatclub.com/chat group link posted on page 4 of this thread that I just joined, so if anyone wants to practice interview questions send me a PM and let's talk on https://gmatclub.com/chat!

Don't overthink this. Just submit when you're ready
Intern
Intern
Send PM
LXVE wrote:
nyc20 wrote:

Cool, will join the https://gmatclub.com/chat group. I wouldn't worry about the Kira assessment, anytime before the deadline should be completely okay.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Vibranture
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Congratulations to all who got invited for interview!

Others, who didn't, should not lose hope.
MBA admission process is complex, challenging, and subjective. Often it takes two or three attempts to gain admit to your desired MBA program. I have personally helped many reapplicants make it to their dream school.

If you are looking to reapply, need help with your application, or want to get an evaluation of your profile - feel free to email me at mail@vibranture.com
Kindly also read:
https://vibranture.com/articles/how-be-s ... licant.htm

For those applying in Mar/ April 2020 deadlines, LBS essays and tips:
https://vibranture.com/essay/lbs-london- ... riting.htm
Denied
06 Feb, 2020
14 Feb 2020, 03:29
SumedhaArora GMAT: 750, Q49, V44; GPA: 3.37; WE: 70 months; India; via Email
Dinged without an interview, probably because of a lack of international work experience. Disappointed to not even get a shortlist. [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: LBS '22 (A)
Send PM
Hi All,
Has anyone been matched with their alumni for interview yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bcorkin wrote:
Hi All,
Has anyone been matched with their alumni for interview yet?

Hey i got matched on Tuesday. I'm in NYC though.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Did anyone receive an email suggesting to retake the GMAT?

I was invited for an interview but I'm wondering how crucial this is. Given the turnaround time, I doubt that my score will actually improve considering I plateaued towards the end and cancelled my last score. I'm also considering taking a practice GRE to see if I could try that route.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Vibranture
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
All those invited for interview have to record answers to 2 videos questions, one of which will be:
1) What will you gain from the London Business School MBA Programme that you won’t gain from another MBA programme?

Here are some of our tips to record high-quality video answers for your application.

1. Dress appropriately: Treat these videos as mini-Skype interviews and you should be dressed accordingly. Ideally you should dress in business formals.

2. Posture matters: Though mostly your torso up would be visible on the video, this is not the time and place to sit relaxed or slouch. A good posture will make you appear attentive, alert and make a positive impression.

3. Be upbeat and smile: Display your enthusiasm for the school and the process by being cheerful and in good spirits. Speak loudly and clearly and when appropriate smile. Although you are in a strict professional context, you don't need to be gloomy and serious. Think you are talking to your manager who is also your friend and speak with that mindset. :)

4. Suitable background: Keep a clean, neutral background. If possible have a light colored wall / curtains as your background. Avoid busy/distracting prints.

5. Look into the camera: You want to appear talking to the person who would be watching your video, so try to make direct eye contact with them. Avoid looking away or down.

6. Light from front: Position the light source in front of you so your face/ body is lit properly. Avoid placing lights on side or in the back/ top.

7. Good audio: Check your audio/ mic a few times and listen to your recorded voice. Avoid using headphones/ earphones - they tend to look clumsy and distracting, unless you are using wireless ones/ or black ones that are non-intrusive. For most part the mic in the laptop would be good.

8. Frame properly: Keep the camera at your eye level and frame in a way to place the top of frame close to top of head and bottom just above the waist. Also place yourself in the center and avoid anything in the background.

9. Minimize background sounds: Aim for a quiet place with minimal distractions. Turn off your email, text, Facebook, Skype, Twitter notifications both in your cell phone and computer system.

10. Script before you speak: Take time to note down bullet points and rehearse well before you face the camera.

Good luck everyone! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: LBS '22 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.37
Send PM
Anyone has difficulty using Kira for video questions?

It takes forever to save my response and just freezes every time I try.

So I can't even go on to my second question to finish it.

I have tried the latest version Chrome and IE and they still dont work.

Anyone else?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 2.4
Send PM
chrisbrain2019 wrote:
Anyone has difficulty using Kira for video questions?

It takes forever to save my response and just freezes every time I try.

So I can't even go on to my second question to finish it.

I have tried the latest version Chrome and IE and they still dont work.

Anyone else?

Hey I just finished my video assessment earlier today and had similar problems but only for question 2. It would freeze at 99.9% after hitting spacebar. If you refresh the page it will either say you completed it successfully or the question will still be unanswered in which case you have another chance to respond. I took a screenshot of the freeze just in case it comes up as an issue later, but I was able to successfully complete the assessment after 1 refresh (I gave the 99.9% stuck screen about 20 minutes and knew something was wrong).

Posted from my mobile device
Send PM
Expert Reply
The feeling I get from Dave Simpson is that they probably are very focused on yield and I imagine they lose out to other business schools a lot.

So he's taking the approach where you have to be a very close fit with the specific advantages of their program.

And so you would need to articulate why you need as they say a United Nations style Business School.

To your point, a lack of international work experience is difficult to overcome but not impossible if you can clearly outline your commitment to an internationalism mindset and how you need "cultural intelligence" to achieve your goal.

Or maybe you need to specify why you need a customizable MBA which is another big advantage of LBS. For example you could actually do two internships or maybe do entrepreneurship summer school and an internship at the back end.

Main thing is that they want to know if they pick you you will pick them back because of the specific features they offer.

Quote:
Dinged without an interview, probably because of a lack of international work experience. Disappointed to not even get a shortlist.

Would advice aligning short/long term goals in LBS application with consulting goals and international motivation better
Denied on: 2020/02/06
GMAT: 750, Q49, V44
GPA: 3.37
WE: 70 months
Heard back via: Email

Send PM
Expert Reply
msull070
They're obviously very interested in you to even bother, what do you think the problem is? Generally when they do this they have some concerns about your ability to handle the math. Ask if they might be satisfied with successful completion of MBA math which is pretty reputable and they have a transcript i
you can send them. It's pretty fast, too.

msull070 wrote:
Did anyone receive an email suggesting to retake the GMAT?

I was invited for an interview but I'm wondering how crucial this is. Given the turnaround time, I doubt that my score will actually improve considering I plateaued towards the end and cancelled my last score. I'm also considering taking a practice GRE to see if I could try that route.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: NUS '23 (A)
Send PM
is anyone attending the reception event for MBA candidates in Mumbai on Mar 5? What should i expect from the meet up?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats on the interview invite! I am based out of Mumbai currently so I am attending the Mumbai event. I guess it's going to be a casual event where we can get to know more about other candidates and about the school. All the best with your application!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: ISB '21 (S)
Send PM
madvi wrote:
Congrats on the interview invite! I am based out of Mumbai currently so I am attending the Mumbai event. I guess it's going to be a casual event where we can get to know more about other candidates and about the school. All the best with your application!

Hey, I couldn’t find this on the website. How did you get the invite?

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  22   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts