GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Apr 2020, 11:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.94
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Premium Member
Re: Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2020, 02:49
Hmm, I see. Hopefully, addressing Q47 will not hurt me and it can show that I have thought about my weaknesses on the application.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
Re: Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2020, 07:40
HELP! I need to know whether I need to send my GMAT score to LBS, or whether just uploading the official test taker copy with my application is enough?
I've already submitted my app just now, and would really appreciate if someone could let me know ASAP before tomorrow's deadline.

Thank you :)
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Other, Finance
Schools: LBS '22 (WL)
GPA: 3.83
Reviews Badge
Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2020, 07:55
tarae wrote:
HELP! I need to know whether I need to send my GMAT score to LBS, or whether just uploading the official test taker copy with my application is enough?
I've already submitted my app just now, and would really appreciate if someone could let me know ASAP before tomorrow's deadline.

You will need to send the scores i believe, i'd asked an Adcom about this a few months ago. Use the school code and the send the score through GMAC. Although maybe deadlines don't count since you have uploaded an actual report.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.48
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2020, 08:22
Does anyone know if they offer extensions on the reccomender deadlines? My recommender is being a little unresponsive after the holidays, and I'm not sure if he'll get it in by noon tomorrow.
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2020, 08:28
LOM19010 wrote:
Does anyone know if they offer extensions on the reccomender deadlines? My recommender is being a little unresponsive after the holidays, and I'm not sure if he'll get it in by noon tomorrow.

Reach out to someone from the ADCOM, they usually give you a week after the deadline but you will need them to make a note on your file.
Manager
Manager
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2020, 08:58
nyc20 wrote:
LOM19010 wrote:

Reach out to someone from the ADCOM, they usually give you a week after the deadline but you will need them to make a note on your file.

Looks like their office is closed today, I'll try reaching out again tomorrow though.
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2020, 15:26
What is the best way to answer: "Which other schools have you applied to?"

Is there any recommendation when answering this one? If you know any London Business School Alumni or Students, please give their names, graduating class and tell us how you know them. (300 words max)

I know way too many people from LBS.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2020, 21:33
nyc20 wrote:
tarae wrote:

You will need to send the scores i believe, i'd asked an Adcom about this a few months ago. Use the school code and the send the score through GMAC. Although maybe deadlines don't count since you have uploaded an actual report.

ok, thanks so much!
LBS Moderator
V
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.4
WE: Analyst (Transportation)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2020, 03:43
sancre16 wrote:
What is the best way to answer: "Which other schools have you applied to?"

Is there any recommendation when answering this one? If you know any London Business School Alumni or Students, please give their names, graduating class and tell us how you know them. (300 words max)

I know way too many people from LBS.

When it comes to knowing a large number of people, maybe pick the ones which whom you have the best relationship.
The adcom might reach out to 1-2 of them in case of questions :)
MBA Admissions & Career Coaching by INSEAD alumnus and former Samsung Head of HR. Visit our website and contact us for a detailed discussion about YOUR FUTURE

Affiliations:
INSEAD MBA 11D (experience as admissions interviewer), SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS

Reviews on GMAT Club:

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2020, 05:27
Hi sancre16,

regarding the best way to answer "Which other schools have you applied to?", schools claim that this info is not used for admissions purposes, but for statistical purposes (e.g. in order to know which schools they're competing against).

But, in any case, if you have applied to other schools, try to select those who share some similarities with LBS and ideally are similar or lower-ranked. For example, if in your application you talk about LBS' location in Europe as one of the reasons you're applying to LBS, selecting a US school would look kind of strange.

If you haven't applied to any other schools, simply be honest and check "No" in "Have you applied to other business schools?".

I hope this helps.

Thank you very much.

Warm regards
Alex

Mobile: +34 696 097 784
Email: alex@arleeconsulting.com | alex@ruizlee.es
Web: https://www.ARLeeConsulting.com
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexruizlee/

Check out our REVIEWS on GMAT Club here

Email us your CV for a free evaluation of your profile

Visit our website and contact us for a detailed discussion about YOUR FUTURE!

Check out MBA Essay Database. Download our App and enjoy discounts and free stuff.
LBS Moderator
V
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.4
WE: Analyst (Transportation)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2020, 05:45
ARLeeConsulting wrote:
Hi sancre16...
But, in any case, if you have applied to other schools, try to select those who share some similarities with LBS and ideally are similar or lower-ranked...

Would you advice the same concerning INSEAD in particular?
In general, either of the two is perceived as the top B-school in Europe and they normally have a high share of cross applicants.

Would stating the respective other school be okay/logical in such an instance?

Regards,
Chris
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2020, 05:47
Arro44 wrote:
ARLeeConsulting wrote:
Hi sancre16...
But, in any case, if you have applied to other schools, try to select those who share some similarities with LBS and ideally are similar or lower-ranked...

Would you advice the same concerning INSEAD in particular?
In general, either of the two is perceived as the top B-school in Europe and they normally have a high share of cross applicants.

Would stating the respective other school be okay/logical in such an instance?

Regards,
Chris

LBS loses their yield to INSEAD. They want to know LBS will be your choice if offered a position, i would err on the side of caution.
ARLee Consulting
G
MBA Admissions & Career Coaching by INSEAD alumnus and former Samsung Head of HR. Visit our website and contact us for a detailed discussion about YOUR FUTURE

Affiliations:
INSEAD MBA 11D (experience as admissions interviewer), SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS

Reviews on GMAT Club:

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2020, 05:58
Hi Chris,

yeah, LBS is well aware that many of its applicants are also applying to INSEAD. Because of this, selecting INSEAD is perfectly fine.

However, if in your application you mention that, in order to make your desired career transition, you're applying to LBS because you need a 21-month program and two summer internships, then, again, selecting INSEAD could raise some flags.

I hope this helps.

Warm regards
Alex

Mobile: +34 696 097 784
Email: alex@arleeconsulting.com | alex@ruizlee.es
Web: https://www.ARLeeConsulting.com
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexruizlee/

Check out our REVIEWS on GMAT Club here

Email us your CV for a free evaluation of your profile

Visit our website and contact us for a detailed discussion about YOUR FUTURE!

Check out MBA Essay Database. Download our App and enjoy discounts and free stuff.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: LBS '22 (A)

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2020, 12:41
Anyone know how long after applying we hear back for interviews? (I applied R2)
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2020, 12:46
nycguymba wrote:
Anyone know how long after applying we hear back for interviews? (I applied R2)

All decisions on the round interview date which should be Feb 6th.
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 2.4

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2020, 13:52
Gotta play the waiting game now it seems, good luck to all in Round 2, hopefully see some of you at the interview day!
Manager
Manager
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2020, 12:53
Does anyone know when interview invites are suppose to come out?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 610 Q34 V40
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 2.3
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)
Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2020, 21:13
LOM19010 wrote:
Does anyone know when interview invites are suppose to come out?

Supposed to be Feb 6 according to their website. See the application calendar at the week below:
https://www.london.edu/masters-degrees/mba/apply#Application-calendar

But I have seen a few interview invites posted on GMATclub but not clearadmit....
Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2020, 21:31
Hi,

Are you sure whether those invites are for applicants from R2?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 610 Q34 V40
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 2.3
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2020, 22:22
Alok322 wrote:
Hi,

Are you sure whether those invites are for applicants from R2?

Good call. Doesn't seem as though the invites are from this round. The wait continues!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!   [#permalink] 30 Jan 2020, 22:22

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12    Next  [ 223 posts ] 

Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Arro44