GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Dec 2019, 01:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2019, 18:03
PS. We should set up a chat room for the decision announcement day. I’ll be happy to set one up and post the link here.

Posted from my mobile device
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2019, 06:42

Roughly 24 hours left for the decision release. Good luck to all! You can use chat room #3 to stay connected and share decision updates with one another.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat3.php

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: LBS '22
GPA: 3.83
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2019, 08:56
R2 applicants (and any R1 applicants as well!)

How do you answer the question "Tell us about your main interests and activities in your free time. (400 words max)*" on the application? Is this supposed to be an essay format or just bullet points?
Is it acceptable to mention interests like traveling and food?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.25
Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 20 Nov 2019, 09:07
nyc20 wrote:

How do you answer the question "Tell us about your main interests and activities in your free time. (400 words max)*" on the application? Is this supposed to be an essay format or just bullet points?

I suggest you read up some guides online - this topic is covered fairly heavily.

My two cents - use this section to highlight interests and activities that would mark you positively. For example, if you lead a football team, or if you participate in something that pushes you outside of your comfort zone.

Unless your travel and food interests can be covered in a way that highlights notable qualities in yourself - don't mention them. They'll make you look like a basic b****.

Originally posted by roflpotamus on 20 Nov 2019, 09:04.
Last edited by roflpotamus on 20 Nov 2019, 09:07, edited 1 time in total.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2019, 09:07
This is your opportunity to build up your application and to elaborate on how your interests tie to your goal. It’s 400 word limit.... that does not sound to me like a bullet point list. At the same time you can and should talk about travel if that fits your career goals and strengthens your candidacy and application.

Ideally you would have a measurable result or something to show that your interest is something you feel strongly about or you are better at it than other folks or you’ve gone further, etc.

nyc20 wrote:

B
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.25

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2019, 15:33
If rejected after the interview, how likely is it that the rejection was due to:

1. the interview
2. whole application package
3. something else

I felt that the interview went well - but I was also under the impression that if one was invited to interview one's package was good and the interview would make or break it.
Manager
Manager
B
Schools: LBS '22 (I)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.35

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2019, 17:24
roflpotamus wrote:
If rejected after the interview, how likely is it that the rejection was due to:

1. the interview
2. whole application package
3. something else

I felt that the interview went well - but I was also under the impression that if one was invited to interview one's package was good and the interview would make or break it.

Many said that at this stage it is the interview that matters most. LBS trusts it’s alumni to be the most important part of the final decision.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!   [#permalink] 20 Nov 2019, 17:24

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   [ 127 posts ] 

Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Arro44