GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Dec 2018, 15:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
2526272829301
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
303112345
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Apr 2013
Posts: 48
Location: United States (NY)
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q42 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 2.4
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2018, 09:29
emuhlee10 wrote:
For those of you who have received interview invitations, how long after you got the email saying your application was ready for review did you get the invite? Finally got the email today (after submitting on 12/30).


So I submitted my application on 1/3, received email that stated application was complete and was being reviewed on 1/16. And interview invite email on 1/23.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Jul 2017
Posts: 48
Location: United Kingdom
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.87
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2018, 11:21
tech12 wrote:
I did! Got the exclusive deadline for 15th of january. Have not received any news yet, it might be too soon.

plasticplastic wrote:
Did anybody apply late for the R2 because the admissions team gave their account an extended deadline to Jan 15? Anyone from this camp receive an interview invite yet?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Yeah I actually submitted my application on 14 Jan and only received an application update yesterday (22 Jan) to say that it's now being reviewed by the Admissions Council.

No nervous!! Can't wait to hear back. :sick: :sick:
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Aug 2017
Posts: 4
Location: United States (IN)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.71
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 07:23
I submitted Dec 10th deadline and still have yet to hear anything. Is this typical? I've been notified by other schools already - curious to know if Georgetown is known for being slower! Thanks :)
Invited to Interview
26 Jan, 2018
plasticplastic GMAT: 660, Q47, V34; GPA: 3.87; WE: 60 months; United Kingdom; via Email
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Jan 2018
Posts: 30
Schools: WHU MBA"20 (A)
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 18:30
plasticplastic wrote:
tech12 wrote:
I did! Got the exclusive deadline for 15th of january. Have not received any news yet, it might be too soon.

plasticplastic wrote:
Did anybody apply late for the R2 because the admissions team gave their account an extended deadline to Jan 15? Anyone from this camp receive an interview invite yet?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Yeah I actually submitted my application on 14 Jan and only received an application update yesterday (22 Jan) to say that it's now being reviewed by the Admissions Council.

No nervous!! Can't wait to hear back. :sick: :sick:



Mine also says in review. Last year, I had gotten my reply after 4 days of application submission. Not this year though :(
Invited to Interview
26 Jan, 2018
rohit9999 GMAT: 710, Q50, V35; GPA: 3.5; WE: 72 months; India; via Email
Current Student
User avatar
P
Status: It always seems impossible until it's done!!
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 1123
Location: India
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2018, 10:53
Top Contributor
I also received an application complete and under review email on Jan 18th. I submitted on Jan 15th when they extended the deadline. Still no news yet. Hoping that they will send out the invites by end of this week or next week.
_________________

Become a GMAT Club Premium member to avail lot of discounts

Invited to Interview
30 Jan, 2018
Private, GMAT: 690, Q47, V38; GPA: 3.71; WE: 35 months; United States; via Email
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Jun 2016
Posts: 16
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2018, 18:00
Received an invite for Hoya Happy Hour in Delhi on 12th Feb. The event is for admitted R1 students and select applicants. I am a R2 applicant and had my interview last week. Just wanted to know how many R2 applicants received this and what does select applicants mean?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Dec 2016
Posts: 8
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.8
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2018, 19:41
priyesh92 wrote:
Received an invite for Hoya Happy Hour in Delhi on 12th Feb. The event is for admitted R1 students and select applicants. I am a R2 applicant and had my interview last week. Just wanted to know how many R2 applicants received this and what does select applicants mean?


Hey, I got one too for 12th of February in Delhi. Had my interview last week as well. Guess we'll find out there?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Jun 2016
Posts: 16
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2018, 19:47
Pgee93 wrote:
priyesh92 wrote:
Received an invite for Hoya Happy Hour in Delhi on 12th Feb. The event is for admitted R1 students and select applicants. I am a R2 applicant and had my interview last week. Just wanted to know how many R2 applicants received this and what does select applicants mean?


Hey, I got one too for 12th of February in Delhi. Had my interview last week as well. Guess we'll find out there?

Posted from my mobile device


I am in Hyderabad, so not sure I will be attending the event. You are going to the event?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Dec 2016
Posts: 8
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.8
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2018, 20:13
priyesh92 wrote:
Pgee93 wrote:
priyesh92 wrote:
Received an invite for Hoya Happy Hour in Delhi on 12th Feb. The event is for admitted R1 students and select applicants. I am a R2 applicant and had my interview last week. Just wanted to know how many R2 applicants received this and what does select applicants mean?


Hey, I got one too for 12th of February in Delhi. Had my interview last week as well. Guess we'll find out there?

Posted from my mobile device


I am in Hyderabad, so not sure I will be attending the event. You are going to the event?


Yeah, 90% will go..

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Mar 2014
Posts: 7
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.3
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2018, 21:40
Hi...I got an invite to the 12th Feb Delhi event too. Submitted my application on Jan 5th.

Priyesh92 and pgee93, looks like you guys submitted your application during the priority consideration in round 2..right?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Jun 2016
Posts: 16
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2018, 22:01
divm wrote:
Hi...I got an invite to the 12th Feb Delhi event too. Submitted my application on Jan 5th.

Priyesh92 and pgee93, looks like you guys submitted your application during the priority consideration in round 2..right?


Hi, I submitted my application on Jan 5th too. Have you interviewed with McDonough?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Mar 2017
Posts: 17
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.5
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2018, 00:41
Hey, I'm attending the Mumbai event on the 8th of February. Interviewed with GT on 30th Jan. PM me if anyone else going.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Mar 2014
Posts: 7
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.3
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2018, 07:33
priyesh92 No.. i have not yet interviewed.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Nov 2017
Posts: 6
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2018, 05:44
priyesh92 , rohit9999 , Pgee93 can you'll please say how your interview went and what questions were asked?
Retired Moderator
avatar
V
Joined: 27 May 2014
Posts: 525
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2018, 06:07
I too received the invitation ! :-)

I am attending the Happy Hour on 12th at Delhi, and have my interview on 13th morning. Hope I'll not have hangover next morning! ;) :lol:
_________________

440 to 730: If I Can, You Can Too

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Jan 2018
Posts: 5
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.6
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2018, 10:48
Does anyone know if all invitations to interview invitations have gone out? I thought I read something about hearing by 2/2, but I haven't heard anything and my application status on the portal is still "ready for review." Wondering if that is probably a bad sign.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Jun 2016
Posts: 16
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2018, 18:22
financehead wrote:
priyesh92 , rohit9999 , Pgee93 can you'll please say how your interview went and what questions were asked?


I was interviewed on 23rd Jan, 2018. My interview was decent, all the questions were standard. Please find questions below-

1. Walk me through your resume
2. ST and LT goals. Why MBA and why now?
3. Why McDonough?
4. Most challenging experience
5. Time I had to lead a team.
6. My strengths
7. Time I had to convince or negotiate
8. Where else I am applying and why?
9. Any questions I want ask.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if any other info. you need. Best of luck!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! &nbs [#permalink] 02 Feb 2018, 18:22

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13    Next  [ 253 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Gnpth



Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.