GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Sep 2018, 05:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Jul 2017
Posts: 59
Location: United Kingdom
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.87
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 16:06
amanrajjain wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you know if Georgetown expedites the decision. I have an admit from another university but really looking forward to GT.

Cheers


I'm in the same situation! I emailed the admissions office to ask if they'd be able to release a decision early but they said unfortunately they don't. I can understand though, as it seems as though they are interviewing candidates up until the very last moment...!

Do you know what you'll do if GT doesn't release your results early?
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 28 May 2015
Posts: 51
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 21:10
plasticplastic wrote:
amanrajjain wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you know if Georgetown expedites the decision. I have an admit from another university but really looking forward to GT.

Cheers


I'm in the same situation! I emailed the admissions office to ask if they'd be able to release a decision early but they said unfortunately they don't. I can understand though, as it seems as though they are interviewing candidates up until the very last moment...!

Do you know what you'll do if GT doesn't release your results early?


I just had my interview yesterday. Post its completion, The interviewer mentioned that the results would be out by 15th of this month. Hope that helps you.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Feb 2011
Posts: 38
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2018, 08:03
drashi17 wrote:
plasticplastic wrote:
amanrajjain wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you know if Georgetown expedites the decision. I have an admit from another university but really looking forward to GT.

Cheers


I'm in the same situation! I emailed the admissions office to ask if they'd be able to release a decision early but they said unfortunately they don't. I can understand though, as it seems as though they are interviewing candidates up until the very last moment...!

Do you know what you'll do if GT doesn't release your results early?


I just had my interview yesterday. Post its completion, The interviewer mentioned that the results would be out by 15th of this month. Hope that helps you.


Did they say 15th or 25th?. Historically, McDonough always call/emails on the decision day.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Dec 2017
Posts: 8
Location: United States (GA)
GRE 1: Q155 V155
GPA: 1
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2018, 10:05
drashi17 wrote:
plasticplastic wrote:
amanrajjain wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you know if Georgetown expedites the decision. I have an admit from another university but really looking forward to GT.

Cheers


I'm in the same situation! I emailed the admissions office to ask if they'd be able to release a decision early but they said unfortunately they don't. I can understand though, as it seems as though they are interviewing candidates up until the very last moment...!

Do you know what you'll do if GT doesn't release your results early?


I just had my interview yesterday. Post its completion, The interviewer mentioned that the results would be out by 15th of this month. Hope that helps you.


WOAH! They're being released on the 15th instead of the 25th? that's a game changer, can anyone else confirm this info? Thank you!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Jan 2018
Posts: 26
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2018, 10:23
During my email discussions with ad-com (after my interview), they mentioned that the results will be out on 25th. I find it highly unlikely for the 15th. It would be a relief to get to know the results early though :-)
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Apr 2013
Posts: 48
Location: United States (NY)
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q42 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 2.4
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2018, 10:41
kratosrage wrote:
During my email discussions with ad-com (after my interview), they mentioned that the results will be out on 25th. I find it highly unlikely for the 15th. It would be a relief to get to know the results early though :-)


do they typically give phone calls or just email?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Sep 2016
Posts: 8
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.59
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2018, 13:28
builtok wrote:
kratosrage wrote:
During my email discussions with ad-com (after my interview), they mentioned that the results will be out on 25th. I find it highly unlikely for the 15th. It would be a relief to get to know the results early though :-)


do they typically give phone calls or just email?


I received a phone call and an email when I was accepted in R1.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 May 2016
Posts: 33
Schools: Mendoza '21
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2018, 01:36
Hey Guys,

Just a general query. For international applicants do we need to submit the transcripts as per WES standards?

Please revert at the earliest.

Thanking you,
Rohan
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Feb 2011
Posts: 38
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2018, 07:48
rohan1093 wrote:
Hey Guys,

Just a general query. For international applicants do we need to submit the transcripts as per WES standards?

Please revert at the earliest.

Thanking you,
Rohan


For applying you just need an unofficial transcript. Once you are admitted you need the official transcript. Not per WES standards is what I believe.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Jan 2018
Posts: 26
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2018, 23:44
To the people who were interviewed, did you get the Connect with Us email from adcom?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Mar 2018
Posts: 4
Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2018, 03:07
kratosrage wrote:
To the people who were interviewed, did you get the Connect with Us email from adcom?
I got this email, but not really sure if it means anything. Anyone else get it?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Dec 2017
Posts: 22
Location: United States
GRE 1: Q160 V156
GPA: 3.95
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2018, 09:22
gyg wrote:
kratosrage wrote:
To the people who were interviewed, did you get the Connect with Us email from adcom?
I got this email, but not really sure if it means anything. Anyone else get it?


I took it as saying "You've got enough of a chance that we're willing to still talk to you." I'd say low chance of denial, high chance of at least waitlist, moderate chance of admit, and who knows about funding.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Jan 2018
Posts: 5
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.6
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2018, 12:16
Hi guys! Some have heard that today is the day for a decision (my interviewer mentioned it to me over Skype), while others have heard the 25th. Has anyone heard anything today?
Retired Moderator
avatar
V
Joined: 28 May 2014
Posts: 528
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2018, 20:52
2020MBAejkg wrote:
Hi guys! Some have heard that today is the day for a decision (my interviewer mentioned it to me over Skype), while others have heard the 25th. Has anyone heard anything today?


The website says 25 March.
https://msb.georgetown.edu/mba/application-process

Previously, GT announced one or two days before, but I think 10 days before is unlikely.
_________________

440 to 730: If I Can, You Can Too

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jul 2016
Posts: 21
Location: United States (NY)
GRE 1: Q160 V165
GPA: 3.1
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2018, 23:10
Did anyone hear about Consortium if you applied R1?
I was admitted in R1 but I don't know about Consortium status, or if there's any $ available to spare.
Senior RC Moderator
User avatar
P
Status: It always seems impossible until it's done!!
Joined: 29 Aug 2012
Posts: 1180
Location: India
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2018, 01:03
Top Contributor
Since 25th is Sunday. I guess, the decision will be rolled out from Wednesday to Friday. But you never know, they can start calling or email from today!
_________________

Become a GMAT Club Premium member to avail lot of discounts

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Jan 2018
Posts: 26
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2018, 08:19
1
I think admits will roll out on Friday. Offtopic, but did anyone hear back from adcom about connect with us survey?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Mar 2018
Posts: 4
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2018, 10:37
1
kratosrage wrote:
I think admits will roll out on Friday. Offtopic, but did anyone hear back from adcom about connect with us survey?
I never received anything in regards to the survey, but decisions should be going out starting 9 AM EST Friday!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Apr 2010
Posts: 19
Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2018, 07:36
Hi Everyone!

Just a few days till decisions. I'm trying so hard to not be anxious. And for some reason, the days seems to be particularly slow building up to Friday/The 25th. Jeez!!

I interviewed feb 27 on campus. But never got a 'connect with us' email from Ad-com after. Should I be afraid?? lol
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Jan 2018
Posts: 26
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2018, 08:02
ninayeyen wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Just a few days till decisions. I'm trying so hard to not be anxious. And for some reason, the days seems to be particularly slow building up to Friday/The 25th. Jeez!!

I interviewed feb 27 on campus. But never got a 'connect with us' email from Ad-com after. Should I be afraid?? lol


The people who have gotten it also don't know the survey's implications. We are also as anxious as you are. Best of luck!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! &nbs [#permalink] 21 Mar 2018, 08:02

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13    Next  [ 253 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.