Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 17:59 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 17:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40 (Online)
WE:Corporate Finance (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: 2021 Intake [Class of 2023] [#permalink]
Has Georgetown sent all of their invites for their interviews?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 610 Q39 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: 2021 Intake [Class of 2023] [#permalink]
I didn't get any invite or rejection mail yet

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Did they submit all their invites during a specific period like Ross?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GRE 1: Q153 V154
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Kudos
Hey guys, I saw this on Clear Admit:
- Invites keep rolling till 3rd week of Feb according to last year data(1)
- I believe they are waiting on Feb 8th deposit deadline. We can expect some activity post that. (5)

So it looks like we should still see some activity. Good luck to all! I am waiting too.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GRE 1: Q167 V156
GPA: 3.29
Send PM
Hi all - I got my interview invite last Friday and have my interview scheduled later in February. Reading through the McDonough interview thread from others that have interviewed it seems that many interviews are conducted by those that are full-time in the AdComs (and not students like many other schools). Does anyone have any advice for me going in? TIA.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
coola426 wrote:
Would anyone like to give insights into the interview at Georgetown?

coola426

Did you check the interview debriefs at the following link? Also, did you get an interview invite?

https://gmatclub.com/forum/mcdonough-20 ... brief.html
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
sokay0321 wrote:
Hi all - I got my interview invite last Friday and have my interview scheduled later in February. Reading through the McDonough interview thread from others that have interviewed it seems that many interviews are conducted by those that are full-time in the AdComs (and not students like many other schools). Does anyone have any advice for me going in? TIA.

sokay0321

Do you get to know the interviewer's details in advance or only on the day of the interview?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
GRE 1: Q167 V156
GPA: 3.29
Send PM
Kudos
Nikhil wrote:
sokay0321 wrote:

sokay0321

Do you get to know the interviewer's details in advance or only on the day of the interview?

I did check the debriefs and it seems like a lot of behavioral questions with admissions officers. In this virtual environment, I know things feel a little different so I do not know my interviewer's details just yet. I got a confirmation email with a Zoom link for the date that I signed up. On that debrief email, it does say that interviewer's are assigned at random.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 232 [3]
Given Kudos: 89
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40 (Online)
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi, Georgetown interviews are short and straightforward. You can expect all standard questions, few behavior questions. The only stand-out question is 'which other schools did you apply to?'.

Adcom interviews are much more predictable than Alum interviews as they are very standardized. Usually the interviews last 25-30 minutes including the time given for you to ask questions. Hope this helps.
Current Student
Send PM
Yea im kinda getting worried now. Because I haven't received a single invite from any of my schools. Are all the schools dinging applicants who have GMAT waivers?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
zetsu234 wrote:
Yea im kinda getting worried now. Because I haven't received a single invite from any of my schools. Are all the schools dinging applicants who have GMAT waivers?

I got my interview invite for Georgetown on 2/1. Doing it Wednesday of next week. The invite said to schedule it before 2/20.

The only school that gave me a test waiver was Rice. I had a conversation in admissions about it and they said there would be no negative connotations associated with the waiver. They provided me with a waiver after reviewing my transcripts and resume.

MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
zetsu234 wrote:

zetsu234

Can't really comment on that as this year is the first time the schools have started accepting test waivers. From last year's decision tracker data, I see that people got interviewed till March 13th. So, I guess you still have some time and hope you will hear back from them soon :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GRE 1: Q162 V156
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Kudos
Just found the interview invite sent on Feb.14th from my Gmail -I did check the spam very often however this one appeared in "Promotions", it's automatically filtered out from the main inbox with other ads.
Check your email carefully maybe you will find it too!

Btw, I have three interview options: zoom, women's day, military event. Any insights ?(I tried to schedule women's day,but it was not available)Thanks!
Invited to Interview
14 Feb, 2021
16 Feb 2021, 16:24
yaoshuai GRE: 318, Q162, V156; United States Minor Outlying Islands; via Email
Email went into Promotions folder of Gmail. Check your email carefully [#permalink]
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GRE 1: Q161 V158
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
yaoshuai wrote:
Just found the interview invite sent on Feb.14th from my Gmail -I did check the spam very often however this one appeared in "Promotions", it's automatically filtered out from the main inbox with other ads.
Check your email carefully maybe you will find it too!

Btw, I have three interview options: zoom, women's day, military event. Any insights ?(I tried to schedule women's day,but it was not available)Thanks!

Congrats!! I got my invite the same day as you. Which interview option did you select?

Are you affiliated at all with the military? I also had those 3 options on my invite but assumed they were sending them based on each applicants backgrounds. I mentioned in a part of my application that I was a military spouse so I figured that was why I had that military week as an option.

Best of luck!

Current Student
Send PM
your right i got an interview invite thank god
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GRE 1: Q165 V163
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
A new McDonough Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/mcdonough-207/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1673
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts