It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 13:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 21:28
Hello

Congratulations to those who have received interview invites! :) :)

Could you help the rest of us out? What was the content of your video essay component? The prompt said to introduce yourself to your classmates. So did you talk about your work or about your hobbies or....

the video had to be 60 seconds long. Did you tie your experiences to MIT Sloan in some way?

I hope to reapply next year and was looking for ways to do the essay differently the next time around. In my video essay I spoke more about my hobbies and who I am than about my work experience as I felt that I covered that in the cover letter + resume components. Thoughts? Any and all insights would be appreciated :)

Posted from my mobile device

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 6

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 21:31
I don't think any Indian will lose hope until he/she receives a final ding notification. We Indians are programmed that way.

Intern
Intern
B

Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 21:40
Filthydelphia wrote:
I wore a suit sitting down in front of my desktop computer at home. Cleaned up the background of the room a bit so there was nothing in view to distract.

I took the "introduce yourself" aspect at face value and just talked about something I enjoy doing - in this case, a hobby that has turned into part-time contractor work on the side. I figured it was unique and would make me stand out a bit. I did not mention anything else about my professional career or give my life story. I also did not tie it back to Sloan in any way.

This is useful thanks!

Please put some more ideas on this forum... it would be really helpful guys. Specially for those of us who don't have the resources to hire a consultant :/ :)

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 21:44
procman wrote:
I don't think any Indian will lose hope until he/she receives a final ding notification. We Indians are programmed that way.

For all the engineers (Indian or otherwise) out here... reminds me of the flow charts. There's either a Yes or a No connector which leads to the next step. So as long as no official regret letter is sent... the content of the next box remains to be seen.....

Happy Friday

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 21:47
Do they waitlist people without interview?

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 21:49
henry19921992 wrote:
Do they waitlist people without interview?

Yes, they do. But you will eventually be interviewed in the next round. You won't be admitted without an interview.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 21:50
procman wrote:

But dude. If Indian interviews are scheduled for 6th to 9th November (based on the chats above). If Indians receive an interview notification on 2nd November... then that means they will not have much time to write the essay and stuff. Thoughts?

Although I hope that lots and lots of invites go out on 2nd November. We should all get a chance :)

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 21:53
jimmymat wrote:
procman wrote:

But dude. If Indian interviews are scheduled for 6th to 9th November (based on the chats above). If Indians receive an interview notification on 2nd November... then that means they will not have much time to write the essay and stuff. Thoughts?

Although I hope that lots and lots of invites go out on 2nd November. We should all get a chance :)

I agree. I read on the last year's thread, a guy got an interview invite on the last day and he said that he literally had just 1 night to write his essay.

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 21:53
jimmymat wrote:
procman wrote:

That's what happened with Chinese applicants who chose to be interviewed in Shanghai or Beijing. So start preparing!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 22:22
procman wrote:
jimmymat wrote:
procman wrote:

I agree. I read on the last year's thread, a guy got an interview invite on the last day and he said that he literally had just 1 night to write his essay.

Under any other circumstances I don't think any of us would be happy about that but this is different :)

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 5

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 05:19
Anyone who has had an interview already care to share their thoughts on the experience? I interview next week on campus and would love to hear how it's gone for others.

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 07:09
Did anyone invited to interview select LA or SF as their interview location? The west coast invites on clear admit livewire mentioned they were interviewing in Cambridge.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 07:39
Got my invite yesterday :)

Invited to Interview on: 2017/10/26
Heard back via: Email
GMAT: 760, Q49, V45
GPA: 3.6
WE: 36 months
Industry: Consulting
Submited on: 2017/09/26
Invited on: 2017/10/26

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 08:09
jjjmmm wrote:
Did anyone invited to interview select LA or SF as their interview location? The west coast invites on clear admit livewire mentioned they were interviewing in Cambridge.

Selected LA/SF as my preferred interview location and still haven't heard back

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 08:38
arangan wrote:
jjjmmm wrote:

Selected LA/SF as my preferred interview location and still haven't heard back

That makes me feel a little more optimistic. Good luck next week.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.54

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 08:56
jjjmmm wrote:

I selected SF/LA and haven't heard back either if that gives you an additional data point.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.96

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 09:44
atlashugged wrote:
jjjmmm wrote:

I selected SF/LA and haven't heard back either if that gives you an additional data point.

Same here. Selected SF/LA and haven't heard back. I haven't heard of anyone on the west coast who selected a west coast interview getting an invite, though sample is limited.

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 09:56
VCtoMBA wrote:
atlashugged wrote:
jjjmmm wrote:

Same here. Selected SF/LA and haven't heard back. I haven't heard of anyone on the west coast who selected a west coast interview getting an invite, though sample is limited.

Should we all meet up in DTLA on Thursday night for happy hour to celebrate our impending interview invites?

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 10:05
Also received my interview invite yesterday!!

Invited to Interview on: 2017/10/26
Heard back via: Email
Location: Cambridge, MA (originally from Central Asia; first-year student at Harvard Kennedy School)
GPA: 3.71 (from Top-30 US university with double honors in quantitative majors)
WE: 15 months (4 months launching an NGO, 7 months in consulting, 3 months at the UN)
Industry: Non-profit/Social impact
Submited on: 2017/09/26
Invited on: 2017/10/26

Incredibly excited for the interview - this will be a dream come true if it works out!

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [2], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2017, 15:04
This post received
KUDOS
Last year in Livewire:
The number of 1st round invites for MIT Sloan: 159
The number of 1st round invites that went as a part of last wave: 72

This year in Livewire:
The number of 1st round invites that have gone out till now: 38

I don't think the remaining invites are just location preference based.

Kudos [?]: 2 [2], given: 2

Re: Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!   [#permalink] 27 Oct 2017, 15:04

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  24    Next  [ 476 posts ] 

Calling all MIT Sloan MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap