GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Oct 2018, 17:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Ross Admitted Students Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
V
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Calling all Ross Admitted Students Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2017, 06:35
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.58
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2017, 11:01
souvik101990 wrote:
Let us get this party started. Ross has already published admitted students events (at least in 3 major cities in India). Excited to meet future classmates :)

Are you going to Ross too?
Been seeing you helping people on here, can't wait to meet you in person.

Best,
Current Student
V
Re: Calling all Ross Admitted Students Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2017, 11:03
brucewu11 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:
Let us get this party started. Ross has already published admitted students events (at least in 3 major cities in India). Excited to meet future classmates :)

Best,

Yes sir! DId you join the Slack channel?

Have an MBA application Question? ASK ME ANYTHING!

My Stuff: Four Years to 760 | MBA Trends for Indian Applicants

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
How I got into five schools from zero - Applicant Lab Review
Veritas Prep Live Online

Retired Moderator
G
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 2.6
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2017, 19:55
I'm kinda bummed that Ross doesn't have an on campus admitted students weekend before the deposit date...my SO didn't come with me for interview weekend and I want to experience the campuses and cultures of all of the schools I got into before I make a final decision...kinda hard to do when one school has a full admitted students weekend but the other is more like a campus visit.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2017, 20:24
souvik101990 wrote:

Somehow not surprised you're the one leading this thread :)

Please help me find my lost Kudo's bird

Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.9
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2017, 13:36
souvik101990 wrote:
brucewu11 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:

Best,

Yes sir! DId you join the Slack channel?

Congrats, and I'm on the Slack Channel as well. I am connecting with a Ross Student Ambassador phone call today, excited to get started with U of M :angel: :angel: :angel:

Regards,
Vishnu

Article --> http://www.topmba.com/blog/could-mba-degree-be-way-forward

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2018, 04:17
Sure y'all have a lot going on but I have to put this somewhere. I'm bloody thrilled to be finished with the admissions process haha. I spent close to a year researching MBA's and GMAT before taking the test a couple times and then another year and a half applying last year before getting three dings (only applied to reach programs) and now this year have gotten into a great program and finished all R2 applications.

For the first time in about four years I don't have to think about GMAT, Essays, school visits, etc.. I mean it was fun at times learning all this stuff but wow does it feel good to finally be finished and able to move on to the next stage. Thanks Ross!

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.3
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 15:10
Hi everyone,

I have a question for those who were admitted from India. I am a graduate of University of Delhi and I had submitted a copy of my official transcript with the application. But the admissions team at Ross has asked for a "proof of degree". My undergrad school doesn't have a standardized format for a proof of degree. Is anyone in the same situation? Just gathering some thoughts before I ask my undergrad school to customize this for me.

Thank you!
Current Student
P
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 15:17
Top Contributor
smig wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have a question for those who were admitted from India. I am a graduate of University of Delhi and I had submitted a copy of my official transcript with the application. But the admissions team at Ross has asked for a "proof of degree". My undergrad school doesn't have a standardized format for a proof of degree. Is anyone in the same situation? Just gathering some thoughts before I ask my undergrad school to customize this for me.

Thank you!

I believe the proof of degree should be your degree certificate, which received when you graduated.

Become a GMAT Club Premium member to avail lot of discounts

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.3
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2018, 08:42
Gnpth wrote:
smig wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thank you!

I believe the proof of degree should be your degree certificate, which received when you graduated.

Thank you Gnpth! The school asked me to get additional proof on my undergrad school's letterhead in a sealed envelope.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 07 Mar 2018, 04:48
snipped

Originally posted by patrickbateman2k15 on 01 Feb 2018, 14:48.
Last edited by patrickbateman2k15 on 07 Mar 2018, 04:48, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2018, 06:26
This 67k tuition and close to 200k total cost (not even including forgone salary) is tormenting my soul; was really hoping for some assistance. Have to imagine at the rate prices are increasing in a couple years the ROI will officially not be worth it.

Side note though any of you begun house hunting yet? Seems like people are already renting out places!

Current Student
B
Schools: Ross '19 (M)

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2018, 22:26
redfield wrote:
This 67k tuition and close to 200k total cost (not even including forgone salary) is tormenting my soul; was really hoping for some assistance. Have to imagine at the rate prices are increasing in a couple years the ROI will officially not be worth it.

Side note though any of you begun house hunting yet? Seems like people are already renting out places!

Don't stress about housing! There is plenty around and people tend to meet at GBR and find housing through that. There is also a housing fair so you can check out some of the more popular options.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.83
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2018, 05:58
redfield wrote:

I hear you... I'm in the same boat and although I really do want to attend Ross, the total expenditure compared to other schools is really making me reconsider my decision.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.13

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2018, 07:49
I was admitted yesterday and I'm pretty pumped to be joining the party.

Congrats to everyone! I'm excited to meet you all at GBR.

GO BLUE.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2018, 09:29
KLC wrote:
redfield wrote:

I hear you... I'm in the same boat and although I really do want to attend Ross, the total expenditure compared to other schools is really making me reconsider my decision.

I'm doing a little rationalizing based off of cost of living... An apartment around UCLA could easily run $500 - $1000 more per month, so I am counting that as a $12-$24k savings throughout the process... But really it's just a way to make me feel comfortable in my decision.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2018, 03:15
souvik101990 wrote:

Are there any more events planned in India?
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.83
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2018, 18:29
PeterC78 wrote:
KLC wrote:
redfield wrote:

I'm doing a little rationalizing based off of cost of living... An apartment around UCLA could easily run $500 - $1000 more per month, so I am counting that as a $12-$24k savings throughout the process... But really it's just a way to make me feel comfortable in my decision.

I'm forgoing a $60k at UCLA (that breaks my heart) to attend Ross. FYI the tuition at UCLA is ~ $9k lower so that balances out the housing delta...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2018, 01:19
I love the school spirit of Michigan (one of the reasons the alumni ranked as the most effective of any MBA program); but anyone else feel weird looking at a bunch of bananas and saying "Go Blue"?

Attachments

Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 10.29.57 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 10.29.57 AM.png [ 1.5 MiB | Viewed 1190 times ]

Current Student
V

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2018, 02:04
asin10 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:

Are there any more events planned in India?

There's an admitted event in Mumbai today!

Have an MBA application Question? ASK ME ANYTHING!

My Stuff: Four Years to 760 | MBA Trends for Indian Applicants

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
How I got into five schools from zero - Applicant Lab Review
Veritas Prep Live Online

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Ross Admitted Students Class of 2020 &nbs [#permalink] 01 Apr 2018, 02:04

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 26 posts ] 

Calling all Ross Admitted Students Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap