GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 31 Mar 2020, 09:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2020 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  
Sloan MIT School Moderator
P
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2020 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2019, 07:29
bschoolhunter wrote:
Hi Jalaj
Congrats on getting the admit. Could you provide a brief on your profile containing your work experience and other factors. Also if you could elaborate on the interview process

Thanks

Jalaj74 wrote:
Hi guys!

I got the admit from Rotman today with entrance awards. Over the moon to get the news today.

My advice would be to make efforts to get in touch with the admissions committee. I recall reading an article from one of the adcoms where they specifically said that the application process is a lot like dating. You need to make efforts to show your interest and the the strengths of your candidacy for the program. And obviously, know the program more than just the website.

All the best to those awaiting admits!

Jalaj Sharma

Posted from my mobile device

How did you get a 55 from 51 score on GMAT
Free Admissions and GMAT consulting GMAT Club special
No spams No bullshit; Purely FACT BASED SOCIAL SERVICE
INSEAD School Moderator
V
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2020 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2019, 21:50
I would strongly recommend that you work on both the GMAT and the application concurrently. There are times where you're just sick of working on the GMAT and other times when you're sick of working on the application so because those two types of work are a bit different you can handle both at the same time, and with the advantage of time you'll have a much better application especially if you work with a consultant. The better I get to know my clients the better the content we produce together. The better the ideas we can come up with. So time is a big advantage but March is still possible if you really buckle down and focus on all of it. I would not take any chances with the GMAT I think you should engage a tutor and take the fast track. Are you applying to Ivey as well? They are just at the very beginning of their admission season right now so that would be a wise idea. If you're interested in any French or Australian schools, there are a lot of programs that start in January, so that would also be a good idea. Contact me if you're interested in speaking, right now I have open spots on my roster after January 13th.

sagitomba wrote:
Im planning to apply in before March deadline .. im still quite late in my process .. prepping for gmat and filling in applications at the same time... have to start writing essays as well.. Not sure if I should take an admission consultant or not .

If I did manage to fill the applications and essays and get recommendations by Feb with just Gmat pending and hoping to get a decent score of atleast 600+ will it be enough to get by the deadline?

Yup I know im late.. trying to hit deadlines for 2020.. else have to try for 2021.

Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2019, 22:51
BOICE wrote:
According to their website, ”All candidates who are admitted to the program will be interviewed. Interviews are by invitation only.“

Rotman won't admit without interview
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2019, 22:53
Jalaj74 wrote:
Hi guys!

I got the admit from Rotman today with entrance awards. Over the moon to get the news today.

My advice would be to make efforts to get in touch with the admissions committee. I recall reading an article from one of the adcoms where they specifically said that the application process is a lot like dating. You need to make efforts to show your interest and the the strengths of your candidacy for the program. And obviously, know the program more than just the website.

Jalaj Sharma

Congrats!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2019, 16:51
Anyone has an interview coming up?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GRE 1: Q163 V157
GPA: 3.67
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2019, 04:41
Not quite sure what the question means but I understand you want to know the approach with Quants?
Well, I didn’t have a fixed approach per se and had already appeared for some other standardised tests in the last 4 years which gave me enough time to grasp the topics. But one thing that did help me was maintaining a serious error log and reviewing it diligently. That helped me a lot and I am sure there are a lot of folks who’d echo that.
Businessconquerer wrote:
bschoolhunter wrote:
Hi Jalaj
Congrats on getting the admit. Could you provide a brief on your profile containing your work experience and other factors. Also if you could elaborate on the interview process

Thanks

Jalaj74 wrote:
Hi guys!

Jalaj Sharma

How did you get a 55 from 51 score on GMAT
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Marketing, Statistics
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2019, 04:49
Hii can someone pls tell me if there is a profile evaluation for this year's Rotman school
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2020, 20:30
Can R1 applicants shine some light on what kind of questions were there in the KIRA interview?

From my experience with Schulich, the interview questions and the practice questions were widely different!

Thanks,
Aditya
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2020, 20:36
Hii
I had a query regarding the kira interview... Do v have to set up a date for the interview or does the interview start immediately once v register for it??
If v do have to set up a date how quickly can v get one??
Itll be really helpful if anyone can clear this

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: Rotman '22 (A$)
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V27
GMAT 2: 620 Q46 V29
GMAT 3: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2020, 21:09
After setting up an account for Kira interview, you can practice as many times as you’d like. Once clicking the final step, you will be prompted to the real written essay and video.

The video questions are quite random. They’ll ask you 2-3 questions. Mine I got “How do you think your colleagues would remember you when you leave for an MBA”

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2020, 07:30
So, I have been waitlisted by Rotman at the end of round 1. I have been able to improve my GMAT score and want to update the adcom about it. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q55 V55
GPA: 3.92

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2020, 07:33
Hello,
I am currently in the process of applying in R2..Could you give a brief on your profile?

shristi20 wrote:
So, I have been waitlisted by Rotman at the end of round 1. I have been able to improve my GMAT score and want to update the adcom about it. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks!

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: Rotman '22 (A$)
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V27
GMAT 2: 620 Q46 V29
GMAT 3: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2020, 07:41
shristi20 wrote:

Thanks!

Shoot an email to your interviewer with new score report. I also retook my English test and update it through email to the adcom after interview day.

Current Student
B
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GPA: 4
Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2020 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2020, 18:36
shristi20 wrote:

Thanks!

Waitlisting usually means they are on the edge about your profile. If I were in your situation, I would try to connect with current students to understand what Rotman is all about, and with the admissions team once in a while to continue to show my interest. It can't hurt unless you really overdo it. And of course, share your updated GMAT score, along with your keen interest.

Trying to improve my videography and public speaking abilities - making videos to help future MBA aspirants by sharing My Rotman MBA Journey
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 2.4

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2020, 06:46
are there any sort of application fee waivers available?
Kellogg School Moderator
S
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2020, 12:13
Anyone have an idea of what the turnaround time would be for Rotman for an app submitted on the deadline Jan 13th? Around what date could one expect to receive the following:

- Interview request
- Accept/Reject/Waitlist decision
- Deadline to submit deposit

Any insight from people who submitted R1 or last year on these timelines would be awesome.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2020, 17:56
Hi iv got a problem in my application.
In the diversity and inclusion survey section, I had mentioned all the details but on submitting the application, for all the sections it says I choose not to answer.
Will this create a problem for me?
Should I send an email to the adcom stating this problem?
The remaining application is all ok
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2020, 20:15
Has anyone got any application fee waivers?

If so , how?

Does the MBA tour help with that?

I attended one a while ago and Rotman was present
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2020, 20:17
vj1994 wrote:

If so , how?

Not that I am aware of. I don't think Rotman requires waivers, they are one of the most in demand college right now.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2020, 20:18
vj1994 wrote:

If so , how?

Rotman does not offer fee waivers based on attendance at the MBA Tour. The colleges offering waivers send emails specifying the same post the event.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2020 Intake) Class of 2022   [#permalink] 13 Jan 2020, 20:18

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13    Next  [ 255 posts ] 

Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2020 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: redskull1