It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 14:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2016, 06:16
I asked this in the MIT-LGO thread, but maybe someone has additional insight here based on open chats with the adcoms...

Since it looks like R2 Sloan dings were sent out yesterday for those who were not interviewed, should the LGO applicants who were dinged specifically for LGO still expect to wait until the final R2 decisions even if they never had an interview? I was dinged without interview for LGO but at this time my application still says I am being considered for Sloan and there has been no update since March 1st.

I know it's a long shot since I have yet to even have an interview but additional clarity to this process would be nice.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 102

Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.83
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2016, 06:28
popov wrote:
This ding officially closes my application attempt this year. With ding from 6/6 without interview, I need some time to put my self together. The age factor (32) is already weighing on me and will continue to haunt me next year. May be I will use optional essays to account for my age and stress on "Why MBA", something I didn't leverage this year. MBA application process is brutal, driven by strategy and luck besides all those creamy stats, and it has made me "Master of Dings". Disappointing :(
same here. Ding on 5/5 and am 34. We should exchange notes of we go for next year ;-)

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 102

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2016, 06:57
Just got done with my interview.

I was surprised by how the interviewer focused mostly on how I deal with people. He probably asked me 10 variations of the same question.

Anyway, does anyone know the interview to acceptance percentage for MIT? MBADataguru did not have stats for MIT the last time I checked.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2016, 03:47
Removed post

Last edited by Anon543212345 on 09 May 2016, 11:29, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

New Master of Business Analytics Program [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2016, 10:00
FROM Sloan Admissions Blog: New Master of Business Analytics Program

I am excited to share with you the launch of MIT Sloan’s new, specialized masters program: Master of Business Analytics. This rigorous one-year program, developed in response to industry demand, is designed for early-stage professionals or current students who are passionate about analytics and interested in careers in the data science industry. Combining a core curriculum, focused electives, and Action Learning opportunities, this program reflects MIT Sloan’s commitment to staying on the cutting edge of research.

Admission to the inaugural year of this program is available for a limited number of students. The application deadline is April 15th, 2016, and decisions will be released on May 16th, 2016. You can learn more about the admissions process and requirements here. We look forward to welcoming the first class of this innovative program to the MIT Sloan community!

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 10

Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.6
WE: Business Development (Venture Capital)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2016, 19:34
gagaga wrote:
hopefullythisyear wrote:

I was surprised by how the interviewer focused mostly on how I deal with people. He probably asked me 10 variations of the same question.

Anyway, does anyone know the interview to acceptance percentage for MIT? MBADataguru did not have stats for MIT the last time I checked.

Just gone done with mine too. Don't think I did well at all. Completely freaked out in the first 15 minutes. Barely any behavioral questions.

I've seen stats that range from 50% to 75%

I similarly received a lot of questions around how I deal with people: how I maintain relationships, how I navigate team conflict, how I work with different types of people/personalities, etc. Sloan was my only interview with behavioral questions, but overall, it was my favorite interview experience and the most relaxed/conversational.

I really do think it's hard to judge your own interview performance with all the adrenaline at the time, and who knows what the admissions committee is looking to tease out for specific candidates in the interview itself. Besides, the interview is only one piece of what we're evaluated on. All we can do is stay positive and hope for the best!

As for acceptance rate for those interviewed, I've seen 50% - 60% from historical (but pretty unreliable) data.

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 10

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 76

GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q51 V34

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2016, 13:06
Hi, did all Sloan applicants receive an application invite for MIT's Supply Chain program?

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 76

Current Student
B

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.98
WE: Accounting (Other)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2016, 20:10
Can anyone else not contain themselves for the April 4th date... ?

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2016, 08:45
is MIT Sloan's scholarship merit-based or need based?

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.4
WE: Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 12:14
gagaga wrote:
hopefullythisyear wrote:

Just gone done with mine too. Don't think I did well at all. Completely freaked out in the first 15 minutes. Barely any behavioral questions.

I've seen stats that range from 50% to 75%

Mine was also weirdly not very behavioral-only two of the questions, and one of them was extremely vague. Pretty disappointed since I did a lot of STAR prep and had so many other great examples I was hoping to use. Anyways, I'm expecting a ding, but I guess I'll have to wait another two weeks to see...

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.37

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 13:19
I just finished my interview as well ... on Monday to be exact. Looking back, I don't think I gave particularly good answers, and I was a little freaked out by how much my interviewer was writing down. I was expecting the "has anything changed since you submitted your application" question but totally freaked out when I was asked it. Not much has changed about me since I submitted 2 months ago. Anyone else not have anything to say?

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.4
WE: Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2016, 13:26
munkee2018 wrote:
I just finished my interview as well ... on Monday to be exact. Looking back, I don't think I gave particularly good answers, and I was a little freaked out by how much my interviewer was writing down. I was expecting the "has anything changed since you submitted your application" question but totally freaked out when I was asked it. Not much has changed about me since I submitted 2 months ago. Anyone else not have anything to say?

Exact same thing happened to me! I had two very minor updates based on my resume, and rambled far too long making them sound more important than they actually were. I probably would've been better off not having anything to say, to be honest.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2016, 04:05
is anyone else anxious as hell? can April 4 come already...

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Current Student
B

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.98
WE: Accounting (Other)
Reviews Badge
Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2016, 08:12
bbjhva wrote:
is anyone else anxious as hell? can April 4 come already...

Freaking out man! I want it so bad..

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 8

Schools: Sloan '18 (M)

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2016, 14:08
after getting dinged by wharton, i really need MIT to come through!

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 8

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 20

Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.89
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2016, 06:43
Hey guys. I am really worried about Sloan because my interview was unusually short (less than 15 mins). Just some behavioral / STAR questions which I answered rather quickly. Has anyone had a similar experience? Is this generally a bad sign?

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 20

Current Student

Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.37

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2016, 07:15
tausifian87 wrote:
Hey guys. I am really worried about Sloan because my interview was unusually short (less than 15 mins). Just some behavioral / STAR questions which I answered rather quickly. Has anyone had a similar experience? Is this generally a bad sign?

my interview was longer, but i felt that my interviewer really didn't ask that many questions... I'm super super super worried for April 4 :C

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2016, 12:42
Hi,

I understand how brutal the wait is (I am in the same boat). But would not worry about the short duration of the interview.
I had my own interview for another school which was unusually short. Even the interviewer said in the response to my thank you note post interview. However, I got an admit.
I would not worry about the length of the interview. My MIT interview though was bad IMO. Started really well but I flunked in the middle. I know I wont get an admit but cannot wait for the 4th.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2016, 19:07
This post received
KUDOS
to ease the tension, which is really building up now, may I ask what schools people have got admits in here?

for me I aimed for 4 schools, and MIT is the only one left, dings everywhere else #hencethetension

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 1

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 13

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.94
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2016, 10:17
I'm assuming everyone got the email asking for updated contact info?

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 13

Re: Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 31 Mar 2016, 10:17

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63    Next  [ 1258 posts ] 

Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap