It is currently 17 Aug 2017, 22:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Schools: Foster '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Re: Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2016, 12:16
Good luck to all.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2016, 14:20
OK, got rejected finally. Did they open the floodgates? Best of luck to others.

Posted from my mobile device

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 30

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2016, 14:32
Ding, ding, ding!

This is my fourth ding out of 5 applications. I think I should reconsider my target programss.

Good luck to everyone!

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 30

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2016, 15:26
Dinged

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Current Student

Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2016, 15:52
Ding here

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2016, 16:04
Ding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 14

Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2016, 16:12
Ding. And all schools say that they cannot provide post-ding evaluation. To be honest, I think they have to provide feedback. At the end of the day the application fee is $250, it's a huge cost (given if you apply to 5-6 schools). So it is not fair not to provide a feedback. $250 only for reviewing your application and getting a ding. I really want to know why I got dinged. Based on what? I start believing admissions process is more subjective.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 14

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2016, 16:21
Drilling wrote:
Ding. And all schools say that they cannot provide post-ding evaluation. To be honest, I think they have to provide feedback. At the end of the day the application fee is $250, it'sy a huge cost (given if you apply to 5-6 schools). So it is not fair not to provide a feedback. $250 only for reviewing your application and getting a ding. I really want to know why I got dinged. Based on what? I start believing admissions process is more subjective.

What are you talking about my fellow Canadian? They don't have to provide you anything. Where does it say anything like that? You're paying to get into the school and you either do or do not get in. They don't owe you anything more than a response regardless of how much it costs. Obviously the process is subjective. They're calling the shots, it's their game that you're trying to play.

I think the answer to your problem is where admission consultants come in and you get to shell out even more money. Kinda sad but the entire process is a business. That's why schools will almost always tell you to apply, they want your money and have a high number of rejections.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2016, 16:56
patodrums89 wrote:
Ding, ding, ding!

This is my fourth ding out of 5 applications. I think I should reconsider my target programss.

Good luck to everyone!

I am sorry =( I got dinged too... I don't get it. I wish they gave you some feedback at least.

Intern
Intern

Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2016, 17:01
WayneHam wrote:
Drilling wrote:
Ding. And all schools say that they cannot provide post-ding evaluation. To be honest, I think they have to provide feedback. At the end of the day the application fee is $250, it'sy a huge cost (given if you apply to 5-6 schools). So it is not fair not to provide a feedback. $250 only for reviewing your application and getting a ding. I really want to know why I got dinged. Based on what? I start believing admissions process is more subjective.

What are you talking about my fellow Canadian? They don't have to provide you anything. Where does it say anything like that? You're paying to get into the school and you either do or do not get in. They don't owe you anything more than a response regardless of how much it costs. Obviously the process is subjective. They're calling the shots, it's their game that you're trying to play.

I think the answer to your problem is where admission consultants come in and you get to shell out even more money. Kinda sad but the entire process is a business. That's why schools will almost always tell you to apply, they want your money and have a high number of rejections.

I still wish that they provided some sort of feedback, such as GMAT too low, GPA too low, not enough experience, too much experience, not enough extra curricular etc... My admission consultant told me that my main issue was my age (33), and I can't do anything about it. I actually asked the MIT people about it and they said it wasn't an issue. They even said that my profile was great for MIT and encouraged me to apply. Well, they didn't even give me a interview.

PS This is just my post ding whining. I'll get over it.

Current Student

GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2016, 17:07
I think I will not fulfill my dream of having class with Peter Senge.

2 KUDOS received
Current Student
B

Kudos [?]: 23 [2] , given: 17

Schools: Yale '18 (M)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2016, 17:55
This post received
KUDOS
plasmabeam wrote:
I still wish that they provided some sort of feedback, such as GMAT too low, GPA too low, not enough experience, too much experience, not enough extra curricular etc... My admission consultant told me that my main issue was my age (33), and I can't do anything about it. I actually asked the MIT people about it and they said it wasn't an issue. They even said that my profile was great for MIT and encouraged me to apply. Well, they didn't even give me a interview.

This whole admissions process is a matter of luck.

I've seen some laughably unqualified and frankly weird people get admissions from H/S and other M7's (and even people who blatantly lied to get in), while some very inspiring folks with superb work experience and stats get rejected from these same programs.

Don't allow your rejections to devalue yourself.

5-10 years down the road, it isn't your MBA brand that makes or breaks you - it's your personal brand that matters.

Kudos [?]: 23 [2] , given: 17

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2016, 18:46
Dinged without interview. I was mentally prepared for the rejection, so feel like a stone right now.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 11

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2016, 18:54
Ding ding ding..sighhh...

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 11

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2016, 19:13
Wilch wrote:
plasmabeam wrote:

This whole admissions process is a matter of luck.

I've seen some laughably unqualified and frankly weird people get admissions from H/S and other M7's (and even people who blatantly lied to get in), while some very inspiring folks with superb work experience and stats get rejected from these same programs.

Don't allow your rejections to devalue yourself.

5-10 years down the road, it isn't your MBA brand that makes or breaks you - it's your personal brand that matters.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I agree with everything you've said. It's such a random process.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 13

GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2016, 21:54
Ding!

Well Sloan was my dream school and I am disappointed but.. life goes on and I'm more than happy to attend the school I've been admitted to :) All the best to everyone else!

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 13

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 58 [1] , given: 87

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2016, 22:52
This post received
KUDOS
This ding officially closes my application attempt this year. With ding from 6/6 without interview, I need some time to put my self together. The age factor (32) is already weighing on me and will continue to haunt me next year. May be I will use optional essays to account for my age and stress on "Why MBA", something I didn't leverage this year. MBA application process is brutal, driven by strategy and luck besides all those creamy stats, and it has made me "Master of Dings". Disappointing :(

Kudos [?]: 58 [1] , given: 87

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2016, 02:05
Is anyone considering ASB or supply chain programs?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2016, 06:04
plasmabeam wrote:
WayneHam wrote:
Drilling wrote:

Dude, you really think a world class institution is going to open itself up to lawsuits and public scorn by giving rejects a direct answer? Hell, even if you were 50yo they wouldn't give you a direct answer, instead answering something like "while your age is above our class median upon matriculation we still encourage you to apply as every year we accept a number of applicants that are well outside of the traditional bucket. Good luck!" Then they would go in a back room with each other, have a good laugh and then proceed to throw your application in the trash without bothering to read your last name. smh

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2016, 06:06
Hey all, it's nice to see the gmat scores of those who got dinged, it gives some prospective into the process.

For the guy mentioning age, I'm 34. I think those with a mid 700 s gmat could easily get into a program where the avg gmat is in the mid to high 600s because you'll bring up the average a lot. That's just my gut feeling. Schools like Sloan and hbs get so many applicants they can do whatever they want. Including pass up on scores like that.

As another guy implied, it's nice to go where you feel wanted too.

Re: Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 15 Mar 2016, 06:06

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63    Next  [ 1257 posts ]