Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:23 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 183
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q43 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
kk277 wrote:
Any invites to Indians this week ?? I think UCLA is all gone for me :D

Hah! yeah i think its gone for me too.. im a reapplicant as well.. anyway best of luck with the rest of your applications! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 125
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Hi guys,
Are Anderson Skype interviews taken only by 2nd-year students or also by AdCom? I want to prepare accordingly to ask them Qs

EDIT:
found the answer
"Our admission interviews are conducted by current second-year MBA students at UCLA Anderson."
https://mbablogs.anderson.ucla.edu/mba_a ... rview.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q41 V46
Send PM
HelloQVC wrote:
Does anyone know what percentage of candidates who are invited to interview generally receive an acceptance? Is it around 50% like other schools or lower/higher?

According to MBA Data Guru (which I believe uses data from Gmatclub), UCLA's interview acceptance rate is actually quite high at 68%.

https://www.mbadataguru.com/blog/admissi ... ance-rate/

Good news for those who have been invited to interview!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 2.8
WE:Analyst (Retail)
Send PM
nitishgera wrote:
kk277 wrote:
Any invites to Indians this week ?? I think UCLA is all gone for me :D

It's too early to lose hope especially for UCLA, which is known to send invites till pretty late into the cycle. Stay positive :punk

I agree. I emailed the Ad team and they responded saying 'Interview invitations are sent out on a rolling basis and you will hear back from us no later than the published decision deadline.' So let's keep them alive! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 2.61
Send PM
Do candidates receive rejection emails as well or only interview invites? I mean does UCLA (or for that matter other b schools) email candidates about a candidate's rejection or does one need to wait till the end of feb to eventually figure this out oneself?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
FROM From UCLA Students' blog: The Three Themes of Your First Year At Anderson
It's been essentially five months since I last posted, and yet it feels like that time passed in the blink of an eye. What have I been up to in that time?

1. The Recruiting Grind: There's no way to sugarcoat it- the task of securing a summer internship is no joke. I was lucky enough to find mine very early on in the process, but I definitely had more than my fair share of "what am I doing with my life" moments as I switched back and forth between management consulting, social impact, and human resources recruiting paths. But Anderson supports you the entire way: the Parker Career Management Center really prepares 1st years well for the rigors of the recruiting process. 2nd-years act as your career coaches and interview prep team leaders, and are generally available for advice, informational sessions, and venting. The best aspect of Anderson here is that almost everyone is looking to change at least some aspect of their career, so there is a feeling of mutual commiseration- everyone is in the same boat as you and can completely empathize along the way.

2. A Complete Business School Education: Learning at Anderson is like drinking water from a firehose. There's so many ways to learn- classes, Easton Technology workshops, academic internships, case competitions. Unlike a lot of other MBA programs where students will begin to specialize very early on, I've really come to appreciate the fact that Anderson prepares you to be successful in whichever function- marketing, finance, operations, etc.- the situation demands. In one case competition team, I was in charge of producing the financial valuations and sensitivity analysis for a potential startup, while in another learning team project identifying bottlenecks for an organization's operational process. No one is pigeon-holed as "the marketing guy" or "the finance girl"; this "generalist" curriculum really helped me during my recruiting process, especially during case interviews that required you to quickly synthesize aspects of finance, strategy, and organizational behavior to see the bigger picture. 

(Our case competition team after submitting our presentation to the judges)

(the same team nice and happy after placing 2nd in the Deloitte Case Competition)

3. Great Classmates, Even Better Humans: This is by far the best part of Anderson. I love the people I go to school with. It's going to sound cheesy and corny until you actually come and experience it yourself. People work hard, play hard definitely, especially at the 90s party- but more importantly they work together, play together. As someone who has a good deal of experience working to build strong classroom and organizational (school) culture, I know it when I see it: Anderson's people are its competitive edge.  

(Anderson 1st-years at the Star Wars premiere following fall final exams)
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 183
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Pillarsofcreation wrote:
Do candidates receive rejection emails as well or only interview invites? I mean does UCLA (or for that matter other b schools) email candidates about a candidate's rejection or does one need to wait till the end of feb to eventually figure this out oneself?

Rejection emails are only sent on the decision day. There is no communication prior to the decision day apart from the Interview Invite e-mail. B-School rejection is a slow painful death :wall
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Anyone know what the post-interview process is, perhaps R1 candidates? Do we find out about admission only at the deadline or are acceptances sent out on a rolling basis?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.33 (UG), 3.61 (Grad)
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
WE:Engineering (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Kudos
vchalupa wrote:
Anyone know what the post-interview process is, perhaps R1 candidates? Do we find out about admission only at the deadline or are acceptances sent out on a rolling basis?

All decisions are released at the deadline. Admits will get a phone call typically the day before, but if they aren't able to reach you then it can happen on the deadline day.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
@Folks who have been invited to interview. What is the last date for when you could schedule a Skype interview? (you'll see this when you click on the 'scheduler link')
There is an earlier post that specified the last date for R1 interviews.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 640 Q42 V37
GMAT 3: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.03
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
NS13983 wrote:
@Folks who have been invited to interview. What is the last date for when you could schedule a Skype interview? (you'll see this when you click on the 'scheduler link')

I scheduled mine for the last possible day and last possible time slot. It's Friday the 19th of February.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 2.8
WE:Analyst (Retail)
Send PM
abduabd wrote:
NS13983 wrote:

I scheduled mine for the last possible day and last possible time slot. It's Friday the 19th of February.

With 19th as the last possible day to interview, are invites still rolling out?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 640 Q42 V37
GMAT 3: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.03
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
sumanth2015 wrote:
abduabd wrote:
NS13983 wrote:

It's really tough to say. I haven't seen any new activity on here or on ClearAdmit's Livewire. I think I remember seeing something on a blog somewhere about the last day when they would be sending invites out, but, I may be confusing that with Ross' blog post. If you haven't been dinged yet, the hope is still alive.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.43
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
sumanth2015 wrote:
abduabd wrote:
NS13983 wrote:

Interviews should continue until pretty much the decision deadline. The time slots available on Skype will be added as needed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Has anyone from round 2 received a rejection email or been wait-listed (without being invited to interview) ?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 650 Q43 V36
GPA: 3.2
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
GoinClubbin wrote:
Has anyone from round 2 received a rejection email or been wait-listed (without being invited to interview) ?

not yet, but think thats my fate :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.33 (UG), 3.61 (Grad)
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
WE:Engineering (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
GoinClubbin wrote:

You won't hear anything until the decision release date.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  36   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts