Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:26 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Urbana-Champaign Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
npthete wrote:
Admitted.Got an email about an hour back :-D :-D

Congratulations :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Urbana-Champaign Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Hi guys, I have sent the email to the adcom indicating that I will not be accepting the offer. This should free up some scholarship to whom needs them and a spot for those at waitlist. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
chriswang927 wrote:
Hi guys, I have sent the email to the adcom indicating that I will not be accepting the offer. This should free up some scholarship to whom needs them and a spot for those at waitlist. Good luck!

Which school are you joining finally? And could you tell us how much scholarship had you got?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
sunrise20 wrote:
chriswang927 wrote:

Which school are you joining finally? And could you tell us how much scholarship had you got?

I am hoping for Georgetown, but if I don't get accept by the March, I will go to Boston College.
"Scholarship is to remain confidential between the ILLINOIS MBA and you", but it is a very high percentage.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,
I applied for R2 and have scheduled the interview through Skype. I had a few questions
Being from India will applying for R2 hurt my chances?
How many rounds of interviews are there?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
I think it should not hurt your chances. They have a third deadline as well for internationals. I think in all there will be 4 rounds of interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Good luck guys!
Director
Director
Send PM
marknopfler: When did you hear from Illinois?

Rest of the GC Members who have applied at Illinois in R2: How many of you have got an interview call from Illinois?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Steinbeck wrote:
marknopfler: When did you hear from Illinois?

Rest of the GC Members who have applied at Illinois in R2: How many of you have got an interview call from Illinois?

Got a reply on 23rd January
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Marketing
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 3
WE:Account Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Hi VoyagerII,

I know its pretty late to apply to UIUC for an MBA for Fall 2016, since I read on the previous years posts that Indians are asked to apply as early as R1. But unfortunately in my case I received an early reject from Tippie and hence have added UIUC as a 11th hour resort (the college was initially on hold for me) to maintain my admittance chances.

I have scored a 640 on the GMAT and a 109 on TOEFL, 2.5 years of experience working for a US based Digital Advertising company with some US business travel under my belt.

Just wanted your thoughts on my chances of getting thru and if its really too late to apply?

Looking forward to a swift response.

Thanks,
Swapnil
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
sj1511swapnil wrote:
Hi VoyagerII,

I know its pretty late to apply to UIUC for an MBA for Fall 2016, since I read on the previous years posts that Indians are asked to apply as early as R1. But unfortunately in my case I received an early reject from Tippie and hence have added UIUC as a 11th hour resort (the college was initially on hold for me) to maintain my admittance chances.

I have scored a 640 on the GMAT and a 109 on TOEFL, 2.5 years of experience working for a US based Digital Advertising company with some US business travel under my belt.

Just wanted your thoughts on my chances of getting thru and if its really too late to apply?

Thanks,
Swapnil

Apply! I believe deadlines are guidelines! (I have just turned in my applications to BostonU & UCLA for my Phd, a month after the deadlines! Fingers crossed!). Your GMAT is just above average, but your work experience is good. The TOEFL is not required for applicants from India. You should have a fair chance. What is the worst that can happen when you turn the application? So I say, turn it in, fast. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Marketing
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 3
WE:Account Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
VoyagerII wrote:
sj1511swapnil wrote:
Hi VoyagerII,

Thanks,
Swapnil

Apply! I believe deadlines are guidelines! (I have just turned in my applications to BostonU & UCLA for my Phd, a month after the deadlines! Fingers crossed!). Your GMAT is just above average, but your work experience is good. The TOEFL is not required for applicants from India. You should have a fair chance. What is the worst that can happen when you turn the application? So I say, turn it in, fast. Good luck!

Thanks VoyagerII
Appreciate your insight here.
Director
Director
Send PM
VoyagerII Hi, I hope you are doing great!

I am an Indian applicant and have put in my application in R2. The recommendation from one of my recommender got a little late. He submitted it on 22/01/2016. However, my TOEFL element of the application is still not done. Since none of my schools wanted a TOEFL, I never took it. But when I decided to apply to UIUC (which happened quite late) I had to take the test. I wrote it on 29/01/2016. And the results are still awaited.

Will they consider me only when my TOEFL scores are submitted or can the application be reviewed before that ? Also, in case they'll wait till my TOEFL, will my application move from Round 2 to Round 3 ?

Looking forward. Thanking in anticipation.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Steinbeck wrote:
VoyagerII Hi, I hope you are doing great!

I am an Indian applicant and have put in my application in R2. The recommendation from one of my recommender got a little late. He submitted it on 22/01/2016. However, my TOEFL element of the application is still not done. Since none of my schools wanted a TOEFL, I never took it. But when I decided to apply to UIUC (which happened quite late) I had to take the test. I wrote it on 29/01/2016. And the results are still awaited.

Will they consider me only when my TOEFL scores are submitted or can the application be reviewed before that ? Also, in case they'll wait till my TOEFL, will my application move from Round 2 to Round 3 ?

Looking forward. Thanking in anticipation.

The adcom will move forward with the review of your application, without the TOEFL. Usually, that exam is not required. Even if your recommender turn in the application a little late, that is not an issue. It happened to me, but it didn't affect my file or delay its review. The take away is that, dont worry. The adcom will review your file without delays.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Any R3 applicants? Any updates? I submitted my application on 13th Jan. Still no updates.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 360
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi VoyagerII
Hope you are doing great!

I submitted my application on Jan 15th, and got an email on Feb 2nd to select a date for the interview . I am thinking of selecting a date around Feb-mid. I want to hear the final decision from the school no later than March end. So in that case:
1. Should I select an earlier date?
2. How many interviews does the Adcom take?
3. How many days of gap is there between the interviews?

Thanks
Kapil
Manager
Manager
Send PM
thakapil007 wrote:
Hi VoyagerII
Hope you are doing great!

I submitted my application on Jan 15th, and got an email on Feb 2nd to select a date for the interview . I am thinking of selecting a date around Feb-mid. I want to hear the final decision from the school no later than March end. So in that case:
1. Should I select an earlier date?
2. How many interviews does the Adcom take?
3. How many days of gap is there between the interviews?

Thanks
Kapil

Hi,

I submitted my application in 13th of Jan. Still no reply. The application portal has not changed at all to indicate whether my test scores were received or not.
Is it that the school has got the required no. of candidates and not interested in reviewing any applications?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts