Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:36 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
hffballer wrote:
mr7183 wrote:
I'm in for R1! I think my app is a B+, the issue is that the application form doesn't read impressively. I just don't have many work / community awards and my ECs are primarily personal hobbies.

We will see though! GMAT, essays, recs, and resume are all good.

Yeah i'm right there with you. Solid enough GPA, 760, really good WE and work leadership, great recs, think i have solid essays with a vision but don't have any type of community awards or anything.

I think my success will depend on what order they read the materials in: If they start with resume and essays, then I have a chance. If they just read through the form then I think they will begin reading the good parts of my app with a ding already in mind.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Wharton has the worst application I've seen thus far -_- Doesn't help promote the applicant and the PDF proof is an eye sore, but I guess it works for them!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Just submitted. Looking forward to Nov 2.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mr7183 wrote:
hffballer wrote:
mr7183 wrote:
I'm in for R1! I think my app is a B+, the issue is that the application form doesn't read impressively. I just don't have many work / community awards and my ECs are primarily personal hobbies.

Yeah i'm right there with you. Solid enough GPA, 760, really good WE and work leadership, great recs, think i have solid essays with a vision but don't have any type of community awards or anything.

I think my success will depend on what order they read the materials in: If they start with resume and essays, then I have a chance. If they just read through the form then I think they will begin reading the good parts of my app with a ding already in mind.

Yeah but if they start with the form they'll still see the 760, work history and UG. I really find it hard to believe that a strong applicant gets a ding because he didn't bulls**t enough on his ECs.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.22
Send PM
Exactly my thoughts on the *eye-sore* pdf that came out in the end. I also applied to booth and their final PDF was well-structured. Wharton, on the other hand needs a lot of improvement.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mr7183 wrote:
hffballer wrote:
mr7183 wrote:

I screwed up by not really putting much in ECs on the official app, didn't realize hobbies were allowed. Only put two things i was a part of in college. Think that's enough for a ding?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hffballer wrote:
I screwed up by not really putting much in ECs on the official app, didn't realize hobbies were allowed. Only put two things i was a part of in college. Think that's enough for a ding?

Not sure, but I doubt it honestly. Hobbies add color to candidates but it's not like they are in any way a deal breaker.

Went back and searched your background -- HF, REPE with a 760 should at least be good enough for an interview!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mr7183 wrote:
hffballer wrote:

Not sure, but I doubt it honestly. Hobbies add color to candidates but it's not like they are in any way a deal breaker.

Went back and searched your background -- HF, REPE with a 760 should at least be good enough for an interview!

Yeah I sure hope so. I spent a year abroad restructuring a portfolio company so that's partially to blame for a lack of a consistent club/hobby.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Unless you had significant accomplishments or were a leader in your hobby, then it won't make a huge difference. It sounds like you have a solid profile regardless.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Only 2 Lauder applicants on this forum?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Email received today:

"Thank you for submitting your application for Round One.

The following will provide you with information concerning the processing of application materials, timeline for the release of interview invitations, and final decision releases.

If your online account reads “Ready for Review”, your application has all the required materials, has been processed by the Operations Team, and has been forwarded to the Committee for review. If your online account reads “Materials Needed”, we are most likely missing a recommendation. Please check the main page of your online application account to identify the un-submitted recommendation.

The Admissions Committee will release interview invitations on Wednesday, November 2, 2016 by 5:00 pm (EST). On November 2nd, the Committee will also release all final admissions decisions to candidates that are not being invited for an interview and therefore no longer being considered for admission.

If you are invited for an interview, you will need to complete your interview by Friday, November 18th. Interviews will be available on-campus with second-year Wharton MBA Admissions Fellows and off-campus in various locations around the world by Admissions staff members. These locations will be announced in the coming weeks and all interview options are considered equally within the admission process.

Candidates who are offered an interview will receive their final admissions decision by 5:00 p.m. (EST) on Thursday, December 15th.

Thank you again for applying to Wharton. We look forward to reading your application.

Sincerely,

Wharton MBA Admissions Committee
Lauder Admissions Committee
Penn Law School Admissions Committee"
Manager
Manager
Send PM
kyxj wrote:
Email received today:

The following will provide you with information concerning the processing of application materials, timeline for the release of interview invitations, and final decision releases.

If your online account reads “Ready for Review”, your application has all the required materials, has been processed by the Operations Team, and has been forwarded to the Committee for review. If your online account reads “Materials Needed”, we are most likely missing a recommendation. Please check the main page of your online application account to identify the un-submitted recommendation.

The Admissions Committee will release interview invitations on Wednesday, November 2, 2016 by 5:00 pm (EST). On November 2nd, the Committee will also release all final admissions decisions to candidates that are not being invited for an interview and therefore no longer being considered for admission.

If you are invited for an interview, you will need to complete your interview by Friday, November 18th. Interviews will be available on-campus with second-year Wharton MBA Admissions Fellows and off-campus in various locations around the world by Admissions staff members. These locations will be announced in the coming weeks and all interview options are considered equally within the admission process.

Candidates who are offered an interview will receive their final admissions decision by 5:00 p.m. (EST) on Thursday, December 15th.

Thank you again for applying to Wharton. We look forward to reading your application.

Sincerely,

Wonder if I can do an interview in Japan. I'll be abroad for work in November.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Round 1 Complete – Now What Happens?
The post Round 1 Complete – Now What Happens? appeared first on MBA Program.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
alphabeta4 wrote:
kyxj wrote:
Email received today:

Sincerely,

Wonder if I can do an interview in Japan. I'll be abroad for work in November.

I'm sure it's possible, IF you can be 100% sure of your presence in Tokyo for a given time frame. Also depends when they're going to be there of course. Only way to find out is on November 2! Which feels so far away.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Yale '19 (A)
Send PM
kyxj wrote:
Email received today:

Sincerely,

Based on this email, it sounds like they've switched from TBD interviews to regular interviews?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
alphanumericman wrote:
kyxj wrote:
Email received today:

Sincerely,

Based on this email, it sounds like they've switched from TBD interviews to regular interviews?

They are 100% definitely not changing their TBD interview style. It may sound like that based on the above, but it definitely isn't.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
If I could just jump in here I have to say that a lack of extracurriculars might not be a deal-breaker for all candidates however it's definitely a huge missed opportunity. If there's anyone on this thread applying for next year I would get on a committee like right away. Gives you the opportunity to build and demonstrate attributes that business schools are seeking. Even candidates that have good stats get passed up, because no one is going to pound the table for 760 GMAT. You have to come to life for the committee, they have to be able to see you as a human being a real person three-dimensional live not a flat piece of paper. You have to reach them on an emotional level as well as an analytical level. Please take it from someone who has read dozens and dozens of essays in a day. So there's a lot more to the extra-curricular BS.

Farrell Dyan Hehn, MBA
Admissions Consultant & Verbal Strategist MBAPrepCoach.com
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts