Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:20 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:General Management (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Yale SOM Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Have the invites already started? I've noticed 4 on the clear admit website....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.84
Send PM
TSV1986 wrote:
Screwed up my video question.. Basically I'm sure i have hit a note that is not going to go down well with Yale!! In the 3rd video question, I got self-interest vs. altruism, and I said self-interest.
Although I did make distinction within self-interest itself. I explained that when the two don't collide, the altruistic nature of people is always visible but when the two collide, self interest takes precedence. Completely regretting giving this answer now...
Well, the shot is fired. Can't do anything now... I have pretty much given up any hope of my application moving ahead with Yale :(

didn't get so well on the first one, either. and all three ended in hurry
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V48
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
Submitted my video responses. I got:
1. Why MBA now?
2. Think about a time when you had a project with a deadline well in advance. How did you stay focused and organized to complete the project effectively?
3. It is more important to listen to advice from people within an organization than without. Do you agree or disagree?

I look a lot smarmier in person that I thought! Man, I had no idea. Not sure how I did on the questions. I spoke a little fast on the first one, spent too much time on background on the second, and hedged on the third, so we'll see. Yale is my first choice, so fingers crossed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools: Tuck '18 (S)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
Send PM
Just finished video questions -

1) Why MBA
2) How will you complete project with tight deadline
3) Should institutions mainly focus on helping students get job? agree or disagree

Screwed up big time... Was not articulate at all... low hopes of anything positive coming out of this debacle :x
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
popov wrote:
Are we supposed to provide official gmat score? My status page shows pending. I thought self reported unofficial scores are allowed!!!

Unofficial scores are fine to submit the application (as you can take the exam day of deadline), but you should send Yale the official ones ASAP. Admissions may or may not evaluate your profile without it.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
TSV1986 wrote:
Screwed up my video question.. Basically I'm sure i have hit a note that is not going to go down well with Yale!! In the 3rd video question, I got self-interest vs. altruism, and I said self-interest.
Although I did make distinction within self-interest itself. I explained that when the two don't collide, the altruistic nature of people is always visible but when the two collide, self interest takes precedence. Completely regretting giving this answer now...
Well, the shot is fired. Can't do anything now... I have pretty much given up any hope of my application moving ahead with Yale :(

As far as I know, there is no "right" answer with Question 3, they just want to see how you articulate a response one way or another.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [2]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
Schools: Darden '20
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
really disappointed with the kira app...i had to answer the 3rd question 13-14 times before it finally saved. I was exhausted by then and wanted it to just end.

I felt I did ok with the first 2 questions and the first 5-6 attempts of the 3rd question...after that I just prayed it to get over.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.85
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
abhiwad wrote:
Have the invites already started? I've noticed 4 on the clear admit website....

I saw that, too, then found this: https://www.stacyblackman.com/2012/10/23 ... process-2/

That link notes that as that (albeit old) post was written, Yale had sent out a third of the total invites for the round... so I guess Yale sends out invites in spurts rather than all at once? I hope so, cuz I didn't get an invite! haha
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 76
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
Send PM
Just submitted my video essays. Thankfully, I didn't have to redo questions 13-14 times, but had to do the first question twice nonetheless. I can imagine how frustrating it would have been. These were my questions. Hope they help last-minute warriors like me -

1. Why MBA now?
2. A difficult situation at work, and how you handled it?
3. Market forces are more dominant than the invisible hand of the Government. Agree/Disagree?

I'd suggest that you stay as calm as possible. Even if you can't think of the most logical of explanations, keep building on what you said and go with the flow. All the best, guys!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Send PM
iamnvm wrote:
I didn't have to redo questions 13-14 times, but had to do the first question twice nonetheless.

I can see doing it twice as an advantage. On the practice questions, I thought that my second attempt was more clear and refined...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 76
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
Send PM
jz4analytics wrote:
iamnvm wrote:
I didn't have to redo questions 13-14 times, but had to do the first question twice nonetheless.

I can see doing it twice as an advantage. On the practice questions, I thought that my second attempt was more clear and refined...

Agreed. I did fine-tune it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [0]
Given Kudos: 87
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V160
Send PM
jz4analytics wrote:
popov wrote:
Are we supposed to provide official gmat score? My status page shows pending. I thought self reported unofficial scores are allowed!!!

Unofficial scores are fine to submit the application (as you can take the exam day of deadline), but you should send Yale the official ones ASAP. Admissions may or may not evaluate your profile without it.

Thanks bro.. Yes, I called them. They said something similar. I am already seeing official report submitted from mba dot com. Waiting to get it reflected on my application.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 117
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.72
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Done with the video essays ... sigh
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE:Research (Education)
Send PM
Okay.. I cannot believe this but I just received an invite for interview. like, I'm thinking I'm going to receive an email saying it was a mistake...
Anyone else having a mild heard attack?!?! Following is what I got:

Thank you again for your application to the Yale School of Management. We are impressed by your accomplishments and potential and are writing to invite you to campus to interview.

Please click here to schedule an on-campus interview. In addition to your interview, each day will include a full range of activities, such as tours of Evans Hall and Yale University, a classroom experience, and a closing reception (the reception will only happen on Friday campus interview days).

As you prepare for your interview, please note that it will be 30 minutes in length and will be conducted by either a current second-year student or an admissions committee member. The questions will cover your academic and professional background and experiences, interest in the MBA, and specific reasons for wanting to attend Yale SOM. To maintain their objectivity and independence, your interviewer will only have seen your resume prior to the interview. The dress for the day is business attire.

If you are not able to visit New Haven for your interview, please email Yale SOM Admissions and we can offer the option to interview via Skype or in select cities around the world: Atlanta, Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo, London, Mumbai, New Delhi, Mexico City, and Sao Paulo.

We look forward to seeing you soon!
Best regards,

Yale School of Management
Admissions Office
165 Whitney Avenue
New Haven, CT 06511
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
People who have received interview invites: how long had your app + video questions been submitted before you rec'd an invite?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Got an invite to interview this afternoon. I thought I completely botched the video essay last night (super surprised by the quick turnaround), so this is a sigh of relief. Now, it's time for interview prep. Good luck to all other R2 applicants!
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE:Research (Education)
Send PM
I also finished my questions literally at midnight last night, so I'm also super surprised at how fast they are blasting through the review process.

FYI my background and career plan are non-traditional, so it's possible that I got sorted into the weird/interesting-kids:interview-soon-to-find-out pile.
Good luck everyone!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  23   24   25   26   27   28   29  ...  44   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts