GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 08 Dec 2019, 00:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Re: Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2019, 04:05
Hi Guys,

Those targeting R2 for Indiana Kelley and are struggling with essays.
Here's my debrief: https://bit.ly/2XdIThw.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Check out our new tool MBA Matrix https://EduSimplified.com/mba-matrix
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.39
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2019, 04:34
Hello there! I have my skype interview with a second year student tomorrow and would really appreciate it if those who have already interviewed could share their experiences. This will definitely help me as well as others who haven't interviewed yet. Thanks in advance!
Fisher(Ohio) School Moderator
S
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.47
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2019, 06:10
Saurabhminocha wrote:
Hello there! I have my skype interview with a second year student tomorrow and would really appreciate it if those who have already interviewed could share their experiences. This will definitely help me as well as others who haven't interviewed yet. Thanks in advance!

It is a blind interview. Why MBA, Why Kelley followed by behavioral questions. The interviewer will keep on noting down things as you answer the questions, so don't feel distracted. It is very similar to a normal adcom interview. Only difference is you can ask them questions about student life!
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2019, 08:47
Saurabhminocha wrote:

How did your interview go? Mind telling us about it?

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
Schools: Rice PT'18 (A)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2019, 14:26
Is this thread for Kelley Direct admits as well?

If so, I did the interview and received acceptance letter today along with a scholarship.

Feel free to AMA.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.85

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2019, 14:28
Boss302 wrote:

If so, I did the interview and received acceptance letter today along with a scholarship.

Feel free to AMA.

What was your stats if you don't mind me asking? GMAT/GPA/WE
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Simon '22 (WL)

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2019, 14:32
Boss302 wrote:

Feel free to AMA.

Hey! Congrats.
When did you submit your app and when did you interview?
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2019, 14:44
mke88 wrote:
Boss302 wrote:

Feel free to AMA.

What was your stats if you don't mind me asking? GMAT/GPA/WE

GPA: 3.56 undergrad. 3.7 grad.
WE: 10 yrs. Senior Manager in Energy sector.
GMAT: Waived due to experience.
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge
Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2019, 14:59
makbar94 wrote:
Hey! Congrats.
When did you submit your app and when did you interview?

I submitted the application about a week ago. Interview was Friday, and received acceptance today.

Just a quick background and my own opinions:
I was originally ready to attend the Rice MBA back in 2016/2017, but put it on hold due to not knowing my “why”. If you are not crystal clear and have good introspection about the MBA and yourself, it will not automatically make you successful.

I ended up taking the money I would have spent getting the MBA and invested it in real estate instead. I then started my own business on the side while working full time in engineering (IT business). I decided to get an MS in Engineering, because I still was not certain I wanted to go the business route completely.

Fast forward a few years and I have a lot that I am able to reflect on with a lot of real life failures at work and in my own personal ambitions. I am closer to now knowing my “why” and ready to consider an MBA.

I always consider things on ROI now and long term cash flow. Basically put, can I invest that same money over the course of 30-40 years and will it underperform my MBA investment or outperform. The scholarship really helps balance that equation.

Sorry for the tangent, but I felt like some of it needed to be said for MBA hopefuls.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.39
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2019, 06:23
Narenn wrote:
Saurabhminocha wrote:

How did your interview go? Mind telling us about it?

Sure, happy to help! My interview lasted about 35 minutes and was conducted by a second year student. It was quite conversational and he didn't seem to have a set list of questions as my answers led to follow up questions. Started out with the usual tell me about yourself, why mba, questions about my current role, why kelley, a few behavioral questions on leadership and I got to ask a few questions at the end.

BSchool Moderator
S
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2019, 06:44
I have posted my debrief. Hope it helps.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2019, 22:04
Met him in Bangalore. It was quite conversational. I was asked the same questions as someone had posted above - why MBA, why now, st and lt goals, what would you bring to the classroom, anything else you'd like to share etc.

He seemed kind and was interested in listening.

RicAssassin wrote:
Yeah he is in Delhi the day before. I am not sure. For one school I did to f2f alum interview but didn’t like it much. Lol

I don’t think they hold it against you if you don’t come f2f?
dbsheta wrote:
RicAssassin wrote:
Invited to interview. What about other folks who were waiting?

I too received an invite from Jim Holmen. He is in Bangalore on 19th and 20th November so will schedule a f2f interview. What about you? Are you planning Skype or in-person?
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2019, 23:33
Does anyone know the decision release pattern of Kelley? Are the results gonna come out exactly on Dec 20 or we can expect calls before the decision deadline?

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

BSchool Moderator
S
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2019, 23:50
Hi Narenn

Looking at the trends, they definitely give out decisions way early and via emails. Last time (Class of 2021) it was 9 days in advance.

Also, in my interview with Jim, I got to know that they give out decisions ‘no later than’ the deadline. This also happened for class of 2019 as well I am sure.

So people have to keep biting nails after Dec 10, that means. Phew.

Narenn wrote:
Does anyone know the decision release pattern of Kelley? Are the results gonna come out exactly on Dec 20 or we can expect calls before the decision deadline?

MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2019, 00:02
RicAssassin wrote:
Hi Narenn

Looking at the trends, they definitely give out decisions way early and via emails. Last time (Class of 2021) it was 9 days in advance.

Also, in my interview with Jim, I got to know that they give out decisions ‘no later than’ the deadline. This also happened for class of 2019 as well I am sure.

So people have to keep biting nails after Dec 10, that means. Phew.

Thanks Rick! These inputs are indeed helpful. There is no need for a chat room for Kelley during the decision phase I guess. Let me know though if applicants want a dedicated chat room for themselves.

BSchool Moderator
S
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2019, 00:03
Narenn, Sure!!

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!   [#permalink] 03 Dec 2019, 00:03

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 56 posts ] 

Calling Kelley (Indiana) MBA Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: abhimahna, Hatakekakashi