GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Jan 2019, 18:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in January
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling Mason (William and Mary) Applicants:(2019 Intake)Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Concentration: Nonprofit
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling Mason (William and Mary) Applicants:(2019 Intake)Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2018, 21:22
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Concentration: Nonprofit
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling Mason (William and Mary) Applicants:(2019 Intake)Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2018, 21:23
iceflower wrote:
Sorry for my late reply. A bit busy with tasks at work. Amanda was my interviewer. The interview was very comfortable with conventional questions like: talk about your education, current work. I suggest you should know your resume well. We also talk about Vietnamese culture since Amanda has been to my country twice. Just that. Very easy. You shoud prepare well and then enjoy it :) good luck every one. Btw, Amanda said the result would be sent out before X-mas.

Thank you iceflower I have added your interview experience to the Interview debriefs.

New project wSTAT(which Schools To Apply To?)

GMATClub School Ambassador

Live Decision Tracker | Interview Debriefs

New - RC Butler - 2 RC's everyday

Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Operations, General Management

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2018, 01:51
Hello,

Need an advice.
I got accepted to Georgia Terry College of Business with 100% tuition waiver. I wrote an email to W&M to provide an earlier decision so that I can make an informed decision.
W&M reverted with a request to provide the Acceptance letter and Merit Aid Letter(of Terry) to review the same and provide their decision. Kindly advise whether it's alright to send the letters to W&M?
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2018, 07:39
Congratulations on your admit and full scholarship. I see no reason why you should not provide it. (I doubt they had any kind of a confidentiality clause on it or in the application but you can always check to be sure and review terms and conditions). However it is common for schools in these situations to request proof of scholarship.

Posted from my mobile device

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here!
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q167 V151
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2018, 07:41
targetbusiness wrote:
Hello,

Need an advice.
I got accepted to Georgia Terry College of Business with 100% tuition waiver. I wrote an email to W&M to provide an earlier decision so that I can make an informed decision.
W&M reverted with a request to provide the Acceptance letter and Merit Aid Letter(of Terry) to review the same and provide their decision. Kindly advise whether it's alright to send the letters to W&M?

I have never done this before but this is what I think. Adcom at W&M told me that they'll meet together on 14&15 Dec for final decision which means they do not have any certain offer right now for you. If you ask for a certain offer, they have to review your application separately (I guess so). Maybe that's why they asked for your proof of offer and scholarship package to make sure that you do have something to leverage your position.

Perhaps, this is the case: you show them what you've got, they'll show you what they can offer. Fair enough, isn't it?

I hope you find this helpful.
BSchool Thread Master
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 00:32
targetbusiness wrote:
Hello,

Need an advice.

I also agree with bb & iceflower about your situation, since you ask for an early decision than others, I think it is fair that you provide more supported information to back up your claim for them to decide.

Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.

BSchool Thread Master
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 00:34
iceflower wrote:
NealC wrote:
iceflower wrote:
I have just submitted my application today. Has anyone been up to their interview?

By the way, the optional essay is a tough one. Took me 2 weeks for brainstorming. My suggestion is you should get to know about the school first via readings on their website. That was how I got some ideas for this essay.

Have you got the interview invitation yet?

I had a family issue and did not have time to prepare my essays up til now :(

I received an interview invitation from Mason more than 1 week ago. They set it up on 15/11. Now I am reading old threads to gain some experience for this interview. Maybe you can try to write something in the early morning. It works for me.

Hey! I am also a Vietnamese. Nice to meet you!

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
WE: Business Development (Health Care)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 07:00
I got an admit with a scholarship of 30,000$. Happy to help anyone with the process. Regards
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.87

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 12:56
Guys, I have an admit from W&M with full scholarship. However, I have an admit from Rice Business as well with $45,000 scholarship. Rice Business is expensive even with the scholarship. So now I’m not sure which one to go for. Going by the reviews posted on GMAT Club, it seems W&M is not a great choice for international students mainly because of their career development center. Any suggestions? I also have an interview invite from Georgia Tech scheduled for January.

Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q167 V151
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 14:56
I have receive WM offer with scholarship too. Maybe all applicants get their result by this week.
BSchool Thread Master
B
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling Mason (William and Mary) Applicants:(2019 Intake)Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 17:55
Wow, congrats to all of you. I still haven’t received any decisions. Due to my family issues, I applied late and hence I think I will receive it later. Fingers crossed! :please

Has anyone decided to matriculate yet?

rodeogenius wrote:
Guys, I have an admit from W&M with full scholarship. However, I have an admit from Rice Business as well with $45,000 scholarship. Rice Business is expensive even with the scholarship. So now I’m not sure which one to go for. Going by the reviews posted on GMAT Club, it seems W&M is not a great choice for international students mainly because of their career development center. Any suggestions? I also have an interview invite from Georgia Tech scheduled for January.

Hi rodeogenius,

I think that the news about the career prospect you mentioned is long time ago. I learned that the career development center has improved a lot since then.

However, you should weight both of them carefully in terms of your goals before making any decisions. Deciding to enroll to any schools is the personal decision that only you could make.

Btw, you can try to ask for more thoughts in here: https://gmatclub.com/forum/admitted-whi ... 2/?fl=menu

gmatclub devotes an entire sub forum to help applicants like you in there.

Good luck!

GMAT Club Bot
Calling Mason (William and Mary) Applicants:(2019 Intake)Class of 2021 &nbs [#permalink] 19 Dec 2018, 17:55

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 31 posts ] 

Calling Mason (William and Mary) Applicants:(2019 Intake)Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap