Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:34 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q42 V50
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Insurance)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling Scheller (Georgia Tech) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
In case anybody knows, how authentic are the application/interview status given above ?? Interviewed - 4 and invite to interview - 1 ??? Sort of confused with these numbers !!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling Scheller (Georgia Tech) Applicants:(2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Has anyone been accepted yet; know in previous years they gave a few early acceptances a week or two after interviews. I imagine with thanksgiving coming up people will either hear this week or right before Dec 1st deadline. Waiting is always hard.

gowris What is confusing about those numbers? Only 11 people said they applied on here and a total of 5 of them that bothered reporting it were interviewed (not everyone is interviewed; also keep in mind no one has yet verified that they have begun/done any international skype interviews only general full time). I was interviewed and think there were probably at most 30-40 people interviewed during that weekend.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Thanks..since i am new to this community, i thought that these number were from the institute sources and hence was confused. Best luck for you !!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 3: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Heartlessjester wrote:
Has anyone been accepted yet; know in previous years they gave a few early acceptances a week or two after interviews. I imagine with thanksgiving coming up people will either hear this week or right before Dec 1st deadline. Waiting is always hard.

gowris What is confusing about those numbers? Only 11 people said they applied on here and a total of 5 of them that bothered reporting it were interviewed (not everyone is interviewed; also keep in mind no one has yet verified that they have begun/done any international skype interviews only general full time). I was interviewed and think there were probably at most 30-40 people interviewed during that weekend.

I was interviewed on nov 2nd but no communication at all after that ... from last years thread they generally conduct a second interview with career services officers but i havent been asked for any so far!! Starting to get really tensed now

Did anyone hear back after interview????
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Is that true? From what I read I got the impression that getting a second interview usually wasn't a good thing; some people got in immediately after first interview, but from what I saw most of the people that needed a second interview were dinged and specifically said it was career services that dinged them. I think it may be more for people who didn't talk to anyone from career services or whose goals don't fit well with the schools typical specialties/ those that are less employable or people on the borderline. Like I said we'll probably hear something back by monday or have to wait till December 1st.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Heartlessjester wrote:
Is that true? From what I read I got the impression that getting a second interview usually wasn't a good thing; some people got in immediately after first interview, but from what I saw most of the people that needed a second interview were dinged and specifically said it was career services that dinged them. I think it may be more for people who didn't talk to anyone from career services or whose goals don't fit well with the schools typical specialties/ those that are less employable or people on the borderline. Like I said we'll probably hear something back by monday or have to wait till December 1st.

Hey thats a good point you observed from last year's thread. I just noticed that from the thread as there are a couple of dings reported after second career services interview. Confirmed this with a current student that they only interview second time if they are doubtful about their career options and recruitability factor of the candidate. Thanks for raising this point and kudos to you man!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 723 [0]
Given Kudos: 294
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 4
Send PM
Any current students at scheller active on this thread?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Admitted! Just got the good news but nothing about scholorship was mentioned in my email. Hence not sure about scholorship numbers but happy about the admit email :D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manu379 Congrats on your acceptance!! I do admit I'm kinda freaked out though since I haven't heard back anything yet myself. Just out of curiosity; did you apply on or near October 1st or did you apply slightly early and what letter does your last name start with (wondering whether they send decisions based on application time, a combination of whether you were accepted or not and application time, or something like last name order.)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Heartlessjester wrote:
Manu379 Congrats on your acceptance!! I do admit I'm kinda freaked out though since I haven't heard back anything yet myself. Just out of curiosity; did you apply on or near October 1st or did you apply slightly early and what letter does your last name start with (wondering whether they send decisions based on application time, a combination of whether you were accepted or not and application time, or something like last name order.)

Hi,

I applied close to Oct1st deadline infact to be precise on Sept 31st. I was invited to interview on Oct 6th and was Interviewed on Nov 2nd.
I dont think they review applications on name basis. If you have applied in round 1 then you should have heard back about interview from them as I was notified Nov 4-6th on campus interviews were scheduled and only nov 2nd was given for skype interviews.But again GT is very selective so these dates might be different for other applicants as well.

All the best buddy!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manu379
Thanks; I was interviewed on campus on the 4th; I just meant I was worried I didn't get a decision yet haha. Maybe it has to do with interview time though; guess I'll just have to wait till the 1st and see what happens I did notice in last year's thread some people heard early while others had to wait till the deadline but still got in so I suppose I shouldn't be too worried.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manu379 wrote:
Admitted! Just got the good news but nothing about scholorship was mentioned in my email. Hence not sure about scholorship numbers but happy about the admit email :D

What is your profile?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Heartlessjester wrote:
Manu379
Thanks; I was interviewed on campus on the 4th; I just meant I was worried I didn't get a decision yet haha. Maybe it has to do with interview time though; guess I'll just have to wait till the 1st and see what happens I did notice in last year's thread some people heard early while others had to wait till the deadline but still got in so I suppose I shouldn't be too worried.

Ohh!! Sorry that i dint know that and because you were asking about the application submission date , I thought differently. But IF you have already been interviewed on 4th then i guess you should hear the good news soon may be in this week.

So keep us posted when you get the good news!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.89
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Have none of the international candidates received an interview invite?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
rbhasin11 wrote:
I don't get this question on the online application form:

"Are you currently employed or on leave of absence from employment?" It has to be answered with a 'Yes' or 'No'

What is the question trying to ask? Is this a typo error (employed instead of unemployed) or am I missing something here?

Any pointers on this??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Has any international student (especially Indian) heard back from Scheller (R1)?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GRE 1: Q167 V157
Send PM
It appears that Scheller hasn't rolled out any interview invites to international candidates this year in R1.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
rrkanth90 wrote:
It appears that Scheller hasn't rolled out any interview invites to international candidates this year in R1.

Posted from my mobile device

Any specific reason for this?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts