GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 07 Apr 2020, 16:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.07
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2020, 05:24
Sure I'll let you know. 25 days is a long time to wait I saw some people who applied in the second round already got admitted into the program or maybe they applied in round 1 ?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2020, 08:41
Accepted!! Just got the call!!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2020, 10:15
saikeish15 wrote:

Congratulations! When had you interviewed?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2020, 18:36
harshitaarora012 wrote:
saikeish15 wrote:

Congratulations! When had you interviewed?

Interviewed on Jan 15
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.07

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2020, 20:37
Did you get any scholarship from the university?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2020, 22:08
Charuvind wrote:

Was told to check the mail package for details on scholarship. Was wondering if they normally inform about the scholarship on the call.

Can someone who's received an admit clarify please?
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Carlson '22 (A$)

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 03:49
saikeish15 wrote:
Charuvind wrote:

Was told to check the mail package for details on scholarship. Was wondering if they normally inform about the scholarship on the call.

I got admitted for R2 last week. They didn't mention scholarship at all during the call. So I was stunned when I noticed a full-tuition scholarship in the admit booklet.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 07:27
chiefinance wrote:
saikeish15 wrote:
Charuvind wrote:

I got admitted for R2 last week. They didn't mention scholarship at all during the call. So I was stunned when I noticed a full-tuition scholarship in the admit booklet.

That's amazing. Congratulations ?

Hopefully I get a bit! Fingers crossed
Manager
Manager
B
Schools: Marshall '22 (S)

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 11:33
Hi! I have an interview tomorrow and I don't know how to prepare. Super nervous! Can anyone share their interview experience here?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Simon '22 (A)
GMAT 1: 600 Q35 V38
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 11:48
Hello! I also have one tomorrow. I had one with them last year at a visit as well, so I'll share my experience with you. It's very conversational. They'll ask you to walk through your resume and about your work experiences. They did not ask any questions about my undergraduate schools, but I would be prepared just in case. They did ask me why I wanted to go to Simon. They did a great job of helping me feel relaxed. Be yourself and prepare for all of the standard interview questions, you'll do great! There is also an interview debrief section here on GMAT for Simon that has some excellent debriefs.

Good luck! Are you interviewing in person tomorrow?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 11:52
smmarvin12 wrote:
Hello! I also have one tomorrow. I had one with them last year at a visit as well, so I'll share my experience with you. It's very conversational. They'll ask you to walk through your resume and about your work experiences. They did not ask any questions about my undergraduate schools, but I would be prepared just in case. They did ask me why I wanted to go to Simon. They did a great job of helping me feel relaxed. Be yourself and prepare for all of the standard interview questions, you'll do great! There is also an interview debrief section here on GMAT for Simon that has some excellent debriefs.

Good luck! Are you interviewing in person tomorrow?

Hi!
Wow, thanks! I have a video interview, which is surprising since I am in Philly. What about you?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.7
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 11:56
SPatel1992 wrote:
Hi! I have an interview tomorrow and I don't know how to prepare. Super nervous! Can anyone share their interview experience here?

Hi!
Don't worry at all about the interview. Everyone is super nice! Just have clarity and oral practice of the following questions:

1. Walk me through your resume/ Tell me about yourself
2. Why MBA and why now?
3. Why Simon
4. Professional and Personal challenge and how you overcame it

I have been admitted with scholarship and I was asked the above questions on campus by an alumni who was super sweet, but I'll also list down a few others I was asked at other schools:

5. 3 words that describe you
6. Leadership experience
7. What did you learn about yourself from the application process
8. Strongest and weakest parts of your application

Good luck on the interview. Just keep calm, SMILE and be confident. Imagine that you are already a business leader and talk like one!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.7
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 12:04
Persis wrote:
SPatel1992 wrote:

Hi!
Don't worry at all about the interview. Everyone is super nice! Just have clarity and oral practice of the following questions:

2. Why MBA and why now?
3. Why Simon

I have been admitted with scholarship and I was asked the above questions on campus by an alumni who was super sweet, but I'll also list down a few others I was asked at other schools:

6. Leadership experience

Good luck on the interview. Just keep calm, SMILE and be confident. Imagine that you are already a business leader and talk like one!

Parts that i struggled with during prep - not answering the exact question being asked/ forgetting to answer the second part of the question/ spending too much time on problem and not on solution and results. For eg- Professional challenge and what did you learn? allocate your time in a 1:3 ratio - describe problem and talk more about how you solved and what was outcome.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 13:09
Persis wrote:
Persis wrote:
SPatel1992 wrote:

Hi!

2. Why MBA and why now?
3. Why Simon

6. Leadership experience

Parts that i struggled with during prep - not answering the exact question being asked/ forgetting to answer the second part of the question/ spending too much time on problem and not on solution and results. For eg- Professional challenge and what did you learn? allocate your time in a 1:3 ratio - describe problem and talk more about how you solved and what was outcome.

Congratulations!! It sounds fantastic!
Which other schools have you applied to?

Thank you! This is really specific and helpful!
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 18:28
SPatel1992 wrote:

SPatel1992

Check the following link.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/simon-roches ... brief.html
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 18:30
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.57

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 20:27
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 20:33
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 00:27
I had an interview on the 29th January and got an acceptance on the 2nd feb, 2020 with 65% scholarship. However, now i am divided on whether to join Simon. Can some one help me understand if Simon MBA is worth the time? IHow do the placements pan out?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 01:37
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]   [#permalink] 06 Feb 2020, 01:37

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15    Next  [ 285 posts ] 

Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [Class of 2022]

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: MsInvBanker