GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 07 Dec 2019, 01:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2017
Posts: 4
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 17:02
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but at this point, it is very unlikely you'll get an invite. Because you have to prepare, and they have to prepare, and they'll review all round 3 applicants between the 4th and 5th, which means they're certainly be all done by the 3rd. So... sorry bud.
segawobajo wrote:
Hi All,

Do you think it's advisable to still expect an invitation for interview?

I applied for R3, and my application status has remained "in review" for over a month now. Should one still keep the hope of an invite alive considering the decision date is April 6th?

Posted from my mobile device

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Mar 2018
Posts: 1
Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2018, 01:04
1
It will be the saddest news for me in the last 20+ years if i don't get admitted. I have placed all my hopes in Arizona State University MBA 2018 Program. I had a lot of challenges throughout my application process but i was still able to manage and complete the application process. For more than a month now, i haven't been called for interview and the decision deadline is very close. How would my life end up if i don't get the admission? I pray to God for divine intervention into my life and let me receive uncommon favor as my application is been evaluated. My future and the future of so many people in the business world depends strongly on this.

Egunsola Akinwale (ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY 2018 APPLICANT)
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Sep 2016
Posts: 16
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2018, 05:21
1
Mascot87 wrote:
It will be the saddest news for me in the last 20+ years if i don't get admitted. I have placed all my hopes in Arizona State University MBA 2018 Program. I had a lot of challenges throughout my application process but i was still able to manage and complete the application process. For more than a month now, i haven't been called for interview and the decision deadline is very close. How would my life end up if i don't get the admission? I pray to God for divine intervention into my life and let me receive uncommon favor as my application is been evaluated. My future and the future of so many people in the business world depends strongly on this.

Egunsola Akinwale (ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY 2018 APPLICANT)


Don't despair my friend. Life is long and has much more to offer than a B-school admit. If life seems bleak now, I can assure you you will look back on this time, recall what you've written, and smile. Best wishes for everything.
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Jun 2011
Posts: 7
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2018, 06:13
1
An MBA can't change your destiny but yes it can help you realise one. So, maybe something good is in store for you if not this program.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Feb 2018
Posts: 4
Location: United States
Schools: WP Carey" 20
GRE 1: Q150 V150
GPA: 3.56
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2018, 17:00
Hi everyone,

From my understanding, you don't HAVE to have an interview for them to admit you. Its up to the discretion of the admission committee to decide if you get an interview...if you' don't get one is doesn't mean you are completely out per say.
Current Student
User avatar
G
Joined: 05 Nov 2015
Posts: 465
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2018, 17:30
BLAG wrote:
Hi everyone,

From my understanding, you don't HAVE to have an interview for them to admit you. Its up to the discretion of the admission committee to decide if you get an interview...if you' don't get one is doesn't mean you are completely out per say.


Where in the world did you hear that?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Feb 2018
Posts: 4
Location: United States
Schools: WP Carey" 20
GRE 1: Q150 V150
GPA: 3.56
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2018, 22:44
FuturePM91 wrote:
BLAG wrote:
Hi everyone,

From my understanding, you don't HAVE to have an interview for them to admit you. Its up to the discretion of the admission committee to decide if you get an interview...if you' don't get one is doesn't mean you are completely out per say.


Where in the world did you hear that?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app




I've been in contact with the admissions office and thats what they told me.
Current Student
User avatar
G
Joined: 05 Nov 2015
Posts: 465
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2018, 06:27
BLAG wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
BLAG wrote:
Hi everyone,

From my understanding, you don't HAVE to have an interview for them to admit you. Its up to the discretion of the admission committee to decide if you get an interview...if you' don't get one is doesn't mean you are completely out per say.


Where in the world did you hear that?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app




I've been in contact with the admissions office and thats what they told me.


Unless something has changed since round 1 you definitely have to interview to be admitted. You might be able to get on the waitlist without an interview but not admitted. Are you sure they didn’t say something like “if it’s helpful in rendering a decision” instead of the exact words of “you don’t have to interview to be admitted”


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Oct 2016
Posts: 17
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2018, 08:58
Did anyone get a call?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Oct 2017
Posts: 4
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2018, 08:59
Mascot87 wrote:
It will be the saddest news for me in the last 20+ years if i don't get admitted. I have placed all my hopes in Arizona State University MBA 2018 Program. I had a lot of challenges throughout my application process but i was still able to manage and complete the application process. For more than a month now, i haven't been called for interview and the decision deadline is very close. How would my life end up if i don't get the admission? I pray to God for divine intervention into my life and let me receive uncommon favor as my application is been evaluated. My future and the future of so many people in the business world depends strongly on this.

Egunsola Akinwale (ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY 2018 APPLICANT)



So, decisions are out, and it's a "No" for me.... Unfortunately though, but i am glad i gave my best shot!

Bro, keep the hope alive. It happens. In life, you win some, and lose some...
I already felt bad when i didn't get an interview invite before the Easter break. I knew i lost it then, and i already overcame the disappointment mood.
I encourage you to do same (should you get a "No"), and move on, but put more pressure on life till you crack the rock!
Meanwhile, i gathered the number of applicants from Nigeria was higher this year, so the competition was stiffer.

All the very best to those still expecting their outcome.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Oct 2016
Posts: 17
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2018, 09:01
segawobajo wrote:
Mascot87 wrote:
It will be the saddest news for me in the last 20+ years if i don't get admitted. I have placed all my hopes in Arizona State University MBA 2018 Program. I had a lot of challenges throughout my application process but i was still able to manage and complete the application process. For more than a month now, i haven't been called for interview and the decision deadline is very close. How would my life end up if i don't get the admission? I pray to God for divine intervention into my life and let me receive uncommon favor as my application is been evaluated. My future and the future of so many people in the business world depends strongly on this.

Egunsola Akinwale (ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY 2018 APPLICANT)



So, decisions are out, and it's a "No" for me.... Unfortunately though, but i am glad i gave my best shot!

Bro, keep the hope alive. It happens. In life, you win some, and lose some...
I already felt bad when i didn't get an interview invite before the Easter break. I knew i lost it then, and i already overcame the disappointment mood.
I encourage you to do same (should you get a "No"), and move on, but put more pressure on life till you crack the rock!
Meanwhile, i gathered the number of applicants from Nigeria was higher this year, so the competition was stiffer.

All the very best to those still expecting their outcome.



Did you get a mail?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Oct 2017
Posts: 4
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2018, 09:05
sushrutsardesai wrote:
segawobajo wrote:
Mascot87 wrote:
It will be the saddest news for me in the last 20+ years if i don't get admitted. I have placed all my hopes in Arizona State University MBA 2018 Program. I had a lot of challenges throughout my application process but i was still able to manage and complete the application process. For more than a month now, i haven't been called for interview and the decision deadline is very close. How would my life end up if i don't get the admission? I pray to God for divine intervention into my life and let me receive uncommon favor as my application is been evaluated. My future and the future of so many people in the business world depends strongly on this.

Egunsola Akinwale (ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY 2018 APPLICANT)



So, decisions are out, and it's a "No" for me.... Unfortunately though, but i am glad i gave my best shot!

Bro, keep the hope alive. It happens. In life, you win some, and lose some...
I already felt bad when i didn't get an interview invite before the Easter break. I knew i lost it then, and i already overcame the disappointment mood.
I encourage you to do same (should you get a "No"), and move on, but put more pressure on life till you crack the rock!
Meanwhile, i gathered the number of applicants from Nigeria was higher this year, so the competition was stiffer.

All the very best to those still expecting their outcome.



Did you get a mail?


Yes, an e-mail.

Also, application status changed to "reject".
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Aug 2017
Posts: 23
Location: India
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 4
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2018, 11:14
waitlisted
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Oct 2016
Posts: 17
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2018, 11:16
when did u get the mail?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Aug 2017
Posts: 23
Location: India
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V40
GPA: 4
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2018, 11:19
sushrutsardesai wrote:
when did u get the mail?

Posted from my mobile device


Around 10:00 PM IST
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 1
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2018, 11:27
did they start calling the accepted applicants?
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Jun 2011
Posts: 7
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2018, 11:40
Few admits are rolled out in round 3. Even a great profile can get waitlisted or dinged for that matter in this round. I guess no need for international applicants to apply in this round. Waste of money, time and effort. No college tells you to not apply in round 3 after all its all about business.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
User avatar
G
Joined: 05 Nov 2015
Posts: 465
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2018, 13:37
iamkvbit wrote:
Few admits are rolled out in round 3. Even a great profile can get waitlisted or dinged for that matter in this round. I guess no need for international applicants to apply in this round. Waste of money, time and effort. No college tells you to not apply in round 3 after all its all about business.

Posted from my mobile device


ASU has 4 rounds not 3 like other MBA programs. They also have rolling admission for any open seats through the summer. So, hard to tell whether round 3 is actually harder at ASU or not. Round 4 is probably hardest.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2017
Posts: 4
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2018, 14:57
10:57 pm Lagos time, no call or email yet. Going to bed.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Oct 2017
Posts: 4
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2018, 15:04
zikaekenta: If you were interviewed, and not gotten an info by now, something tells me it's a "yes" for you. Just wait and see...
I will PM you once this turns out so. Keep the hope alive.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020   [#permalink] 06 Apr 2018, 15:04

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13    Next  [ 244 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020

  new topic post reply Update application status  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne