GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Nov 2018, 22:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.56
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 02:20
Can someone offer me insights regarding the school and its program, I have my interview this week and I cannot reach out to any of my contacts on LinkedIn. Please PM if anyone wishes to share his/her experience.
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 08:30
Yash5518 wrote:
CanadianNic wrote:
mrsonmax wrote:
Just got an informal call (actually missed the call and called back myself) that i am admitted with full scholarship and stipend, more details will follow in the official admission letters.

Congrats !

congrats!
I am on waitlist :(

I am on waitlist too. Anyone knows what this means? Our decision date is extended till Feb 9th 2018. I am so nervous. A clear cut in or out would have been better.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q43 V37
GPA: 2.9

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 09:45
On the next decision day you will know if you're admitted or not but until then there's a few steps you can take.

You can improve your gmat, reach out to your contacts at ASU, etc

There's a few articles out there explaining how to get admitted off the waiting list but I think it's better to be proactive. Good luck!

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size]

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size]
Admitted
08 Dec, 2017
MonojitBhattacharjee GMAT: 720, Q50, V38; GPA: 3.4; WE: 62 months; India; via Phone
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 21:12
Waitlisted
08 Dec, 2017
Private, GMAT: 720, Q50, V38; GPA: 3.1; WE: 36 months; India; via Email
Current Student
P
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2017, 17:09
Top Contributor
sidceg wrote:
Congrats!

And same here. Got a call but missed it. Then called back to hear the words "You know I wouldn't be calling you unless I had a great news for you". Finally!

The official letters to follow.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hi sidceg

Man, did you apply to all those schools? I see 19 on the list :shocked . And 11 interviews? That must be an arduous app season for you!! ;) :-D

Congrats on the admit and all best for remaining schools.

Just curious- Which school you are planning to attend anyway? :thumbup:

Become a GMAT Club Premium member to avail lot of discounts

Admitted
08 Dec, 2017
kolboy GMAT: 760, Q51, V41; GPA: 3.3; WE: 60 months; India; via Phone
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE: Law (Law)

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 10:20
Hi there

Is there anyone here who has received an interview invite for the round 2 submission?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2017, 09:58
Gnpth wrote:
Hi sidceg

Man, did you apply to all those schools? I see 19 on the list :shocked . And 11 interviews? That must be an arduous app season for you!! ;) :-D

Ha ha! Yes it was taxing. But it kinda payed off in the end. With the options I have right now, I mostly will go with W. P. Carey for a variety of reasons.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q42 V50
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Insurance)
Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2017, 10:06
sidceg wrote:
Gnpth wrote:
Hi sidceg

Ha ha! Yes it was taxing. But it kinda payed off in the end. With the options I have right now, I mostly will go with W. P. Carey for a variety of reasons.

Hi, i was also admitted to W.P. Carey. Could you please share the reasons why you prefer W.P. Carey to other schools? i know this depends a lot on each person's post-mba goals but anyways it is interesting to know. I didn't get my other decisions yet, but i am sure they will not have full scholarship and stipend anyways. So in any case W.P.Carey offer is very tempting, and we don't have much time to make that deposit either. So choice will have to be made soon.
and by the way, i am joining other people in expressing deep respect for the amount of work you must have done to apply to 19 schools. This is crazy!!! :o :shocked
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2017, 10:18
mrsonmax wrote:
Could you please share the reasons why you prefer W.P. Carey to other schools? i know this depends a lot on each person's post-mba goals but anyways it is interesting to know.

and by the way, i am joining other people in expressing deep respect for the amount of work you must have done to apply to 19 schools. This is crazy!!! :o :shocked

Thanks man! I had to go all in this year, and hence the effort. LOL.

So coming to your point. I prefer W. P. Carey for
1. Proximity to West Coast.
2. STEM certified MS Business Analytics to improve the chances of being picked up for the H1B lottery (though this may change in the future or may remain the same).
3. The least or almost nil financial liability which means I don't have to worry much even if I cannot stay in the US if the political scenario changes for the worse for internationals in the future.
4. Well ranked SCM at the same time good for tech - which is what I am looking for.

What about you?
Invited to Interview
24 Nov, 2017
Private, GMAT: 690, Q46, V40; GPA: 3.9; WE: 40 months; United States, UT; via Email
BSchool Forum Moderator
P
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Boston U '20 (A)
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2017, 12:57
ACALegal wrote:
Hi there

Is there anyone here who has received an interview invite for the round 2 submission?

I received an invite for interview. There are no available slots for Skype interview before 10th Jan.

Canadian Bschools: Detailed comparison
Resume Guides

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :) ..TIA

Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.65
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2017, 20:52
vivek6199 wrote:
ACALegal wrote:
Hi there

I received an invite for interview. There are no available slots for Skype interview before 10th Jan.

Yes, they are on holidays from Dec 23 probably till Jan 1st Week... Slots were not available even when I received!
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2017, 02:04
Hi there guys,
Need your suggestions on whether applying to WPCarey in 3rd round as an international applicant is wise? Or should I just wait for another year and apply in the early round?
Invited to Interview
09 Dec, 2017
WYAZUC87 via Email
Admitted
15 Dec, 2017
Private, GMAT: 680, Q49, V33; GPA: 3.4; WE: 72 months; India; via Email
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
GPA: 3.2
WE: Law (Law)

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2017, 07:45
vivek6199 wrote:
ACALegal wrote:
Hi there

Thanks for the response. I was a bit hopeful for an interview invite. I wonder what the issue was. When did you send your transcripts? Mine reached two days after the deadline. I wonder whether that was the issue. Any idea?

Thanks
Retired Moderator
G
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 2.6
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2017, 08:04
ACALegal wrote:
vivek6199 wrote:
ACALegal wrote:
Hi there

Thanks for the response. I was a bit hopeful for an interview invite. I wonder what the issue was. When did you send your transcripts? Mine reached two days after the deadline. I wonder whether that was the issue. Any idea?

Thanks

I think you should be ok..I am pretty sure that they give you a couple of days past the deadline to get them in.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 &nbs [#permalink] 18 Dec 2017, 08:04

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13    Next  [ 243 posts ] 

Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap