Last visit was: 17 Jul 2024, 07:20 It is currently 17 Jul 2024, 07:20
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8  ...  25   
VP
VP
Joined: 15 Jan 2018
Posts: 1345
Own Kudos [?]: 2002 [2]
Given Kudos: 628
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
Send PM
VP
VP
Joined: 14 Feb 2017
Posts: 1086
Own Kudos [?]: 2188 [1]
Given Kudos: 368
Location: Australia
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 560 Q41 V26
GMAT 2: 550 Q43 V23
GMAT 3: 650 Q47 V33
GMAT 4: 650 Q44 V36
GMAT 5: 600 Q38 V35
GMAT 6: 710 Q47 V41
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37820
Own Kudos [?]: 74177 [0]
Given Kudos: 20221
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
VP
VP
Joined: 14 Feb 2017
Posts: 1086
Own Kudos [?]: 2188 [0]
Given Kudos: 368
Location: Australia
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 560 Q41 V26
GMAT 2: 550 Q43 V23
GMAT 3: 650 Q47 V33
GMAT 4: 650 Q44 V36
GMAT 5: 600 Q38 V35
GMAT 6: 710 Q47 V41
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes [#permalink]
bb wrote:
dcummins wrote:
Get your act together Westeros. Come on guys! LOL I'm in Australia, so i cant really get those bonuses


You can get the 100 point explanation. It is only the 10 point bonus that you will miss out on.



LOL some of my explanations have been epic, but not sure if they're going to get reviewed because my explanations end up on page 3 by the time I get to post.

Some of my explanations are quite meticulously stepped out!

bb are gmatclub questions excluded from the timers? I've been answering a heap! What if I add questions to the forums from good sources? Any bonuses there? [spoiler: I add a lot of threads containing content]
Manager
Manager
Joined: 18 Jun 2013
Posts: 86
Own Kudos [?]: 193 [0]
Given Kudos: 198
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes [#permalink]
I have attempted all the timers so far but still my stats show that I have attempted just 4 timers in 2 days. Can someone please check this and confirm as to why it is showing 4 timers instead of 8 for me?
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37820
Own Kudos [?]: 74177 [1]
Given Kudos: 20221
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Expert Reply
It does not matter. As long as your explanation leads to the correct answer, we have been pretty generous with giving kudos even on page 4 :-)


dcummins wrote:
bb wrote:
dcummins wrote:
Get your act together Westeros. Come on guys! LOL I'm in Australia, so i cant really get those bonuses


You can get the 100 point explanation. It is only the 10 point bonus that you will miss out on.



LOL some of my explanations have been epic, but not sure if they're going to get reviewed because my explanations end up on page 3 by the time I get to post.

Some of my explanations are quite meticulously stepped out!

bb are gmatclub questions excluded from the timers? I've been answering a heap! What if I add questions to the forums from good sources? Any bonuses there? [spoiler: I add a lot of threads containing content]


Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Joined: 22 Jun 2019
Posts: 15
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 269
Location: Canada
Concentration: Operations, Organizational Behavior
Send PM
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes [#permalink]
1
Kudos
people getting the highest score already know what they are doing.. they need admission consulting but not gmat prep

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37820
Own Kudos [?]: 74177 [0]
Given Kudos: 20221
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes [#permalink]
Expert Reply
somesh86 wrote:
I have attempted all the timers so far but still my stats show that I have attempted just 4 timers in 2 days. Can someone please check this and confirm as to why it is showing 4 timers instead of 8 for me?


I will ask to look into it. I don’t have access to the raw data to see your exact points.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Joined: 24 Jan 2019
Posts: 34
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes [#permalink]
Hi bb
OAs are released for 3rd July Qunat questions before the deadline. I opened the thread to write explanation and there they were !! Can you look into this matter?
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37820
Own Kudos [?]: 74177 [0]
Given Kudos: 20221
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Rohan007 wrote:
Hi bb
OAs are released for 3rd July Qunat questions before the deadline. I opened the thread to write explanation and there they were !! Can you look into this matter?


You are right :(
It looks like the questions got posted only for 12 hours and then were released by the system. :hurt: :fuming :facepalm_man:

We will have to account for that I guess.... somehow :-o
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Joined: 08 Jan 2018
Posts: 289
Own Kudos [?]: 259 [0]
Given Kudos: 249
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V27
GMAT 2: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes [#permalink]
bb wrote:
somesh86 wrote:
I have attempted all the timers so far but still my stats show that I have attempted just 4 timers in 2 days. Can someone please check this and confirm as to why it is showing 4 timers instead of 8 for me?


I will ask to look into it. I don’t have access to the raw data to see your exact points.

Posted from my mobile device


Same is the problem with me too... not getting timer points ..
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Joined: 18 Aug 2017
Status:You learn more from failure than from success.
Posts: 7981
Own Kudos [?]: 4228 [0]
Given Kudos: 243
Location: India
Concentration: Sustainability, Marketing
GMAT Focus 1:
545 Q79 V79 DI73
GPA: 4
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes [#permalink]
bb ; hope that this error does not effect the score for people who posted solution within 60 mins question post..

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37820
Own Kudos [?]: 74177 [0]
Given Kudos: 20221
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Archit3110 wrote:
bb ; hope that this error does not effect the score for people who posted solution within 60 mins question post..

Posted from my mobile device



Thanks. It should not. I have not gotten a reply yet. It’s late and holidays but the good thing is that everything is saved and we can get the points properly added. I will post an update in about 12 hrs or so.

Thx.
Director
Director
Joined: 30 Sep 2017
Posts: 943
Own Kudos [?]: 1284 [0]
Given Kudos: 402
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes [#permalink]
.

Originally posted by freedom128 on 03 Jul 2019, 23:05.
Last edited by freedom128 on 11 Sep 2019, 01:25, edited 2 times in total.
SC Moderator
Joined: 25 Sep 2018
Posts: 1100
Own Kudos [?]: 2240 [0]
Given Kudos: 1665
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.97
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes [#permalink]
Why am i not able to post solution to yesterday's questions? It says the topic is locked but as per the contest rules you have 24 hours to post an explanation isn't it?
Current Student
Joined: 24 Jan 2019
Posts: 34
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes [#permalink]
bb wrote:
Archit3110 wrote:
bb ; hope that this error does not effect the score for people who posted solution within 60 mins question post..

Posted from my mobile device



Thanks. It should not. I have not gotten a reply yet. It’s late and holidays but the good thing is that everything is saved and we can get the points properly added. I will post an update in about 12 hrs or so.

Thx.



Can these questions be kept out of "explanation bonus(10 GoT)" & "kudos bonus(100 GoT)" part? Because many of us didn't get a chance to write an explanation. I attempted these question within 1 hour and thought that I would write explanation after thinking it through.
SC Moderator
Joined: 25 Sep 2018
Posts: 1100
Own Kudos [?]: 2240 [0]
Given Kudos: 1665
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.97
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes [#permalink]
Rohan007 wrote:
bb wrote:
Archit3110 wrote:
bb ; hope that this error does not effect the score for people who posted solution within 60 mins question post..

Posted from my mobile device



Thanks. It should not. I have not gotten a reply yet. It’s late and holidays but the good thing is that everything is saved and we can get the points properly added. I will post an update in about 12 hrs or so.

Thx.



Can these questions be kept out of "explanation bonus(10 GoT)" & "kudos bonus(100 GoT)" part? Because many of us didn't get a chance to write an explanation. I attempted these question within 1 hour and thought that I would write explanation after thinking it through.


Yes a lot of us in fact. Please take this into consideration. we're already loosing on a lot of points
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37820
Own Kudos [?]: 74177 [1]
Given Kudos: 20221
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Expert Reply
somesh86 wrote:
I have attempted all the timers so far but still my stats show that I have attempted just 4 timers in 2 days. Can someone please check this and confirm as to why it is showing 4 timers instead of 8 for me?



We have looked into it and everything appeared to be correct:

Total timers taken: 12
4 of your timers were taken for less than 6 seconds. Our system does not count answers submitted in less than 6 seconds (We need timer to be more than 5 seconds and less or equal of 360 seconds to be counted.)
1 timer had a wrong answer so we did not count it
1 timer was not counted because the competition ended for this topic. (our yesterday's quant questions have revealed their answers within 12 hours rather than 24, and as soon as that happened the system stopped counting points)

Bottom line: 6 timers were counted and points credited.
Thank you.
Founder
Founder
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 37820
Own Kudos [?]: 74177 [2]
Given Kudos: 20221
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes [#permalink]
2
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hello Teams and Happy 4th of July!

First of all, I wanted to mention that we had an issue yesterday that has ended 2 of the quant questions after 12 hours only, instead of the usual 24 hour limit. I am very sorry about that and I am sorry if some were not able to take the timers or post the explanations. It was an accident.

I do have a few tips and suggestions that should help you for the remainder of the competition:
  • Today we are posting 4 Quant and 2 Verbal questions so there is an additional opportunity for points
  • There will be no questions posted on Sat or Sun (it is a break on weekends). We will resume with the competition and question posting on Monday
  • We have checked points for a few people who were concerned about the counts and we have confirmed that everything is working correctly.
  • To get the 50-point Bonus, you need to take 30 timers within 1 day (the day is measured based on the GMAT Club's midnight, which is US Pacific Time). If you take fewer than 30 questions within that 24-hour stretch, there will be no bonus. Keep that in mind.
  • Please note that you have to take a timer for at least 6 seconds for it to count in the competition and no more than 6 minutes. That's actually how the timer is setup to track performance on our end, and not anything specific to the competition. Make sure you use the timer realistically!
  • FYI - we will not give Kudos to explanations that are just 1-2 lines
  • We have had 10 more prizes added - 10 courses from Target Test Prep (these cost $299 each to purchase)
  • Also, Today we are offering GMAT Club Tests for free (no subscription required to take CATs or Quizzes). More details are here

Great job with the explanations and the Game of Timers competition – we have over 800 people competing now!!!
Good Luck to all Teams!

Math Expert
Joined: 02 Sep 2009
Posts: 94381
Own Kudos [?]: 641648 [0]
Given Kudos: 85693
Send PM
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes [#permalink]
Expert Reply
July 4 (4 Quant questions today to compensate short answer time for yesterday's quant questions.)

(You have one hour from the time of posting to earn Bonus GOT Points for the Timer and 24 hours for the Explanations. Note that your explanations will be hidden for 24 hours until the OA is revealed.)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes [#permalink]
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8  ...  25