Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:10 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V25
GPA: 4
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2414 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online - What We Know [Master Topic] [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi. You can use a touchscreen laptop but you can’t use the touchscreen during the test or with the whiteboard.

As to best practices, we don’t really know why some users experienced the issues 😢 but I would guess the more processing power the better…. My guess the secure browser gets bogged down and starts lagging…. Also the better connection you have the better… some have had issues with bandwidth…. But that’s kind of it.

Veenu21 wrote:
Hi bb, egmat, GMATNinja,

I am going for another GMAT online attempt after facing a technical glitch earlier.
This time I want to make sure that I do not face any issues, even though I checked all their technical requirements last time also.
Could you please share some tips to avoid technical issues.
I am thinking of using a different laptop this time, would that be a safe option?

Is a touch screen laptop allowed?

Thank you.

Posted from my mobile device
Here's the deal I can only pay the GMAT online fee through debit card but there is no option available for it... Has anyone faced the same issue and what did you do? I need to book an appointment in 2 days.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 121
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hi,

Do I need to install any software to take the GMAT online exam.. I only have my office laptop and it is secured so I cannot download any new software.. is it possible to take the the test in this or do I need to get a different laptop?

Any information regarding this will be great .

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4654 [0]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
ansarose wrote:
Here's the deal I can only pay the GMAT online fee through debit card but there is no option available for it... Has anyone faced the same issue and what did you do? I need to book an appointment in 2 days.

Hi ansarose,

A debit card should be absolutely fine. Have you already tried using your card?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4654 [0]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
Bhu750 wrote:
Hi,

Do I need to install any software to take the GMAT online exam.. I only have my office laptop and it is secured so I cannot download any new software.. is it possible to take the the test in this or do I need to get a different laptop?

Any information regarding this will be great .

Hi Bhu750,

I currently do not recommend taking the GMAT Online on a computer with such restrictions. You'll have to download the secure browser, but even if that works, it's not clear just how "locked-down" your computer is. You may face issues if the security (including a corporate VPN) on your laptop interferes with the GMAT Online in any way. Try to get another computer if you can.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools: LBS '24
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
Send PM
I have scheduled GMAT Online for 31st July, just wanted to check can I appear for a test-center based examination within 15 days or should I be waiting for 15 days for the subsequent attempt.
Tutor

Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
gmat1102 wrote:
I have scheduled GMAT Online for 31st July, just wanted to check can I appear for a test-center based examination within 15 days or should I be waiting for 15 days for the subsequent attempt.

Hi again gmat1102,

No, if you take the test-center GMAT and subsequently take the GMAT online, or vice-versa, then there is no required waiting period between the two exams: you could even sit for both types of GMAT exams on the same day, if for some crazy reason you wanted to do that.

The reason? The test-center GMAT and the GMAT online use different question pools, so there is no concern about seeing repeat questions.

Happy 4th of July! 🇺🇸

-Brian
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V41
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
mcelroytutoring wrote:
MaliFri wrote:
...one of the times that I took the GMAT online, the screen just locked in front of me, when I had already completed all the Quant section and was Verbal's question 15.
I GOT CRAZY ABOUT THAT!
To make a long story short, Pearson gave me a voucher to reschedule the test and didn't cancel the score of my LACKY TEST, which clearly was awful (510, since I had a Q47/V15, because I couldn't finish the Verbal part).
So, my doubt is: should I be concerned about going after Pearson so they cancel this Online GMAT test that I took, because it can hurt my candidacy? Because I'm really not concerned about my life-time GMAT taking limit, since I got the score that I wanted.
I read that they took so long to answer and, as crazy as they're, I'm just afraid that they wrongly cancel my beloved 720!
So, is it really worth the stress, considering that it was an Online Test and, as such, won't be in my Official Report?

Hi MaliFri, you have nothing to to worry about. You said it yourself: GMAT online scores—which, unlike test-center GMAT scores, cannot be cancelled—are not included in the official test-taker score report, nor do they show up in the official GMAC score report sent directly to schools.

In other words, adcoms will only see the GMAT online scores that you choose to send. Otherwise, it appears as if the online exam(s) never happened.

Thank you so much for the getback, Brian! I must confess that I feel a lot more relieved now :lol:
Considering that and also the fact that some schools ask applicants to point out how many times they tested for the GMAT in the application form, should I consider the time I took the online version in this number?
Tutor

Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
MaliFri wrote:
Thank you so much for the getback, Brian! I must confess that I feel a lot more relieved now :lol:
Considering that and also the fact that some schools ask applicants to point out how many times they tested for the GMAT in the application form, should I consider the time I took the online version in this number?

No problem MaliFri. As for your question, I would include that GMAT online attempt in your application if your schools ask, because while it's true that adcoms currently have no way of knowing about a GMAT online attempt unless you choose to send the score, it would be too risky to exclude yours.

Aside: for those of you who are considering omitting test-center GMAT scores from your total number of attempts, it is important to remember that although adcoms cannot see cancelled GMAT scores on the official school score reports sent by GMAC, they can see cancelled scores (which show up as a "C") on the test-taker score reports that were intended for students' eyes only, but are now commonly requested as part of the b-school application process.

Remember that the vast majority of business schools who ask this question on their applications are not asking for all of your GMAT scores on those attempts, only the total number of attempts. Whenever possible, you want to be 100% honest and transparent in the application process so that you have no repercussions to fear further down the road.

Now, are there some students who have chosen not to include their GMAT online attempt(s)—or even some of their their test-center GMAT attempts—on their business school applications, and gotten away with it? Of course. However, I feel that in your case, the risk is far higher than the reward.

In general, who wants to live with the thought of being caught on such a minor issue like that, and run the risk of having your admission offer revoked?
AjiteshArun wrote:
ansarose wrote:

Hi ansarose,

A debit card should be absolutely fine. Have you already tried using your card?

The thing is there is no option for choosing debit card...only credit card option is displayed. I actually tried using my debit card no in the credit card option Hoping maybe, just maybe it might go through, but no it didn't...I honestly don't know what to do...I wrote to examity who said they aren't in control of this and asked me to write to gmac..who after all these days haven't replied.

Originally posted by ansarose on 06 Jul 2021, 02:06.
Last edited by ansarose on 06 Jul 2021, 02:11, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 193
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40 (Online)
Send PM
Yes, only credit card can be used. I suggest that you ask some relative/ friend for the same

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Guys, could you help me clarify a couple of questions?
I'll have my exam in a few days and I'd like to check all the steps in order to not make any mistakes.

1) I can't find the button "Launch Exam" next to the section of the scheduled exam. Will it appear ONLY in the test day?

2) I received the confirmation message saying that the appointment length is 210 min. But I was approved for accommodations with 100% extra time. Am I missing something?

3) After clicking "Launch Exam" (which I don't exactly where it is), the examity page will appear?

4) In the instructions it's saying that I should upload a personal photo + photos from my environment. Is this right? If so, how is the verification?

Thank you so much
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 413
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
Send PM
Hey

Is there any update on the number of attempts allowed for GMAT online?

Gagan
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [1]
Given Kudos: 60
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.49
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All,

Just finished giving the Enhanced GMAT Online. Experience was far from flawless, but managed to power through.

Went with the order Quant-Verbal-IR-AWA. Check-in and Quant was great. Verbal froze twice, IR froze twice, AWA froze once (lost 1 paragraph). Each time the proctor had to pause and restart the exam, and I even had to force-restart my laptop once.

The exam appointment on mba.com still shows as "In Progress" - I got the email from Examity saying my appointment is complete, and I double-checked with Examity chat support as well that everything's kosher at their end. I did write to MBA.com customer support as well explaining the issue. Anyone who's given the exam recently also face this? I did find one post on this issue, but that hasn't been updated. This is the only fly in my ointment today, so would appreciate if anyone can chime in with their experience.

Wish it had gone smoother, but considering the score I got (760 - Q50,V42, IR8), I'm really not complaining.

Will post a detailed experience and debrief in the coming days.

Cheers,
Sid.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 193
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40 (Online)
Send PM
Congratulations Sid!

Amazing score!

Please elaborate on the level of difficulty as well! I am taking my GMAT online in 10 days, your input will be helpful!

Looking forward to read your debrief...

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Congratulations on taking your exam. Hopefully you got the score you were looking for. Sorry about the issues.

I believe it takes about two days for the status to update…. The system does take a little while to sync up.

sp24 wrote:
Hi All,

Just finished giving the Enhanced GMAT Online. Experience was far from flawless, but managed to power through.

Went with the order Quant-Verbal-IR-AWA. Check-in and Quant was great. Verbal froze twice, IR froze twice, AWA froze once (lost 1 paragraph). Each time the proctor had to pause and restart the exam, and I even had to force-restart my laptop once.

The exam appointment on mba.com still shows as "In Progress" - I got the email from Examity saying my appointment is complete, and I double-checked with Examity chat support as well that everything's kosher at their end. I did write to MBA.com customer support as well explaining the issue. Anyone who's given the exam recently also face this? I did find one post on this issue, but that hasn't been updated. This is the only fly in my ointment today, so would appreciate if anyone can chime in with their experience.

Wish it had gone smoother, but considering the score I got (760 - Q50,V42, IR8), I'm really not complaining.

Will post a detailed experience and debrief in the coming days.

Cheers,
Sid.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 60
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.49
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
bb wrote:
Congratulations on taking your exam. Hopefully you got the score you were looking for. Sorry about the issues.

I believe it takes about two days for the status to update…. The system does take a little while to sync up.

Thanks bb! This means a lot coming from you. Oh yes, very very happy with the score!

Also good to know it takes time to sync up for everyone, I was starting to get very worried.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  169   170   171   172   173  ...  183