Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 05:12 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 05:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 95
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 95
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [1]
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Rohit unfortunately I can't advise that you apply to any of those schools round 3. Round 3 has the lowest acceptance rate because the fewest amount of seats are left over. It is really not a viable round to apply in, and it is only there for those who are very very diverse or have a very high GMAT. **it's like the schools are just sort of polishing their class at that point.** And it is the absolute kiss of death for someone who is over-represented, it's already difficult to get accepted as someone who is highly diverse but for someone who's Indian or Chinese absolutely forget it.

If you are completely determined to do this you might want to check out Poets & Quants Round 3 acceptance rate, Google that, I think there are a couple of schools like UNC that have better odds than others with regards to round 3.

But on the whole it is a really not going to be to your advantage you will not be able to apply to the bulk of schools.

I would urge you to go for Round 1 or round 2 INSEAD - actually at this point you would really need to have all of your time devoted to those essays of which there are many - so maybe look at around 2 but **no later** and to get your GRE in shape over the next 6 weeks. WAIT!!!, can't believe I forgot this but you actually cannot submit GRE for INSEAD so you would have to do a GMAT if you felt strongly about that school. They only accept alternative test if the GMAT is not available in your country. Plus, super long app. set aside 2+ months to devote to the essays the Essays, CV, rec stories ETC and I highly strongly guide you to get professional advice with that.

Places where you might be viable now and there is a January term for 2019 IE, HEC, Erasmus, IMD (?)

All at all I just don't think it is in the cards for you right now with US schools or INSEAD it might really be better off for you to just either get the GMAT sorted and go for INSEAD no later than round 2 for January batch or improve your GRE and go for Round 1 of this coming year US.

Round 3 is just going to divert your focus from all the energy that you could be spending to improve your profile so that you can come in strong with round one. It will just get you rejected faster. Waste of time, money.

With regards to your question about which schools you should apply to, in my opinion there's no point in going to schools that are going to give you the scholarship if they will not help you get a better paying job. Those two variables move in different directions. Cheaper schools lower-ranked schools are simply not going to be as effective and help you get a job so think carefully ***about your goal and who you're trying to sell this degree to***

If they are interested in something from Carey then yeah and if you're absolutely completely sure about SCM, great, but you're pretty damn locked into SCM if you decide to go there and most people are not very secure sure about what they want to do and would like to have the option to investigate other areas. Which is why Ross is such a favorite of mine. I really emphasize that people have clear goals but it's just a great thing to go to school that has strengths in many area

So think about whether you're willing to gamble on working in the US or Canada or whatever couple years after getting your MBA to pay off loans. And I do realize the precariousness of that situation politically; hopefully that will be a thing of the past by the time you graduate. *praying hands*

Again I realize how difficult it might be financially but I would recommend that you do seek out some consulting to get proper guidance on all elements of the application, which is honestly not a strength of Indian nationals.

They tend to take it in a very aggressive and businesslike tone which is extremely ill-advised. There are just certain things that you need to do in order to secure success.

https://MBAPrepCoach.com
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
rohit123 wrote:
10th-87%, 12th-86% Undergrad-76%(top 5 in class)
GRE: 316/340 (Q-164,V-152) AWA- 4/6

Completed undergrad in a State Government College. Been running my family business since then.
Family business- We own three schools which add up to a strength of 500+ students, I manage the schools and teach maths for 8th, 9th, 10th grade.
Work experience:
Two years part time teaching.
3.7 years (42 months) Full time teaching/ and performing a managerial role in my 3 schools.

My business Turnover- Around 44,00,000 INR

-------

INSEAD is my first choice. Do you think I have a shot?

Please tell me which colleges I can apply to for an MBA. I'm considering universities in Singapore, UK, USA,canada. I applied to ISB Round 2.

Do I have a shot at ASU's carey and georgia tech? Please, Please evaluate my profile. Thank you.

With a better GRE you could definitely aim for INSEAD..will have to jazz up your profile about being an enterpreneur and operator etc... which is all doable. Overall strong enough for top 10-15 in US as well... ie Duke/Ross... just need that GRE to improve
CORRECTION: INSEAD requires the GMAT, unless isn't available in your country.

https://MBAPrepCoach.com
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hello Experts!

I am applying to MBA schools in Asia and a couple in USA (dream). So far have received invites from NTU and HKUST.

I initially planned to apply to INSEAD but had dropped it as I didn't meet their recommended GMAT score criteria and it was already well past R2, so I thought my chances are limited. However, now I see that R1 applications are open for Jan intake and am tempted to apply. Can somebody advise on my profile and suggest if I should consider applying or if its a complete waste of time and money?

Profile details:

I scored a 740 (V42, Q48) on the GMAT. The QA percentile is a serious dampener at 69 and the IR is at the edge too (5 -55 percentile). However, I have no plans to retake the exam as I believe that this is very close to the best I can do. I need some serious advice about:

I'm an Indian female.

WorkEx - I have about 3.5 years of experience in financial consultancy (Duff & Phelps), where I carry out valuations of businesses, complex financial instruments and intangible assets. This is my first job and I have been promoted thrice. I'm currently working as a Senior Consultant and consistently rated as one of the top performing employees. Also the president of Internal Complaints Committee for my regional office. Have worked directly with UK and US offices, as well as international clients.

Bachelors - Financial and Investment Analysis from CBS (DU). For those who don't know, its a highly competitive course (only about 30 general seats). I got a rank of about 50 out of 15,000 applicants to get in. Scored 70% in the course (not stellar, but not bad either)

CFA - I have cleared all 3 levels and will complete 4 years of experience in June and apply for the charter.

High School - 94% in XII and 92% in X

Social Work - I have volunteered with Make A Difference as a volunteer teacher and placements intern for 2 years. I was awarded as the best intern.

Co-curricular activities - I have been learning Kathak (Indian classical dance) since last 2 years, have certifications for the same. Further, I was an active debater during school, with the usual Head Girl badge.

Recommendation letters - I can source one from my MD (INSEAD graduate) and other perhaps from a client or direct supervisor.
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Expert Reply
Ayushi_1 wrote:
Hello Experts!

I am applying to MBA schools in Asia and a couple in USA (dream). So far have received invites from NTU and HKUST.

I initially planned to apply to INSEAD but had dropped it as I didn't meet their recommended GMAT score criteria and it was already well past R2, so I thought my chances are limited. However, now I see that R1 applications are open for Jan intake and am tempted to apply. Can somebody advise on my profile and suggest if I should consider applying or if its a complete waste of time and money?
I think you could be an interesting candidate-- and you won't really know unless you try. If this is something you will always wonder about-- then I would say you should give this a shot. We have had some good success helping candidates present their strongest application on INSEAD-- so if you are interested in getting some guidance to make your application as strong as possible- please reach out to us for a free consult: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/
Profile details:

I scored a 740 (V42, Q48) on the GMAT. The QA percentile is a serious dampener at 69 and the IR is at the edge too (5 -55 percentile). However, I have no plans to retake the exam as I believe that this is very close to the best I can do. I need some serious advice about:

I'm an Indian female.

WorkEx - I have about 3.5 years of experience in financial consultancy (Duff & Phelps), where I carry out valuations of businesses, complex financial instruments and intangible assets. This is my first job and I have been promoted thrice. I'm currently working as a Senior Consultant and consistently rated as one of the top performing employees. Also the president of Internal Complaints Committee for my regional office. Have worked directly with UK and US offices, as well as international clients.

Bachelors - Financial and Investment Analysis from CBS (DU). For those who don't know, its a highly competitive course (only about 30 general seats). I got a rank of about 50 out of 15,000 applicants to get in. Scored 70% in the course (not stellar, but not bad either)

CFA - I have cleared all 3 levels and will complete 4 years of experience in June and apply for the charter.
There's a lot in here that looks good-- the CFA- the work experience-- the promotions... so be proud and confident!

Social Work - I have volunteered with Make A Difference as a volunteer teacher and placements intern for 2 years. I was awarded as the best intern.

Co-curricular activities - I have been learning Kathak (Indian classical dance) since last 2 years, have certifications for the same. Further, I was an active debater during school, with the usual Head Girl badge.

Recommendation letters - I can source one from my MD (INSEAD graduate) and other perhaps from a client or direct supervisor.
Admission Consultant
Affiliations: TheIvyLeagueEdge
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Given Kudos: 153
TheIvyLeagueEdge: Bala
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Ayushi_1 wrote:
Hello Experts!

Profile details:

I scored a 740 (V42, Q48) on the GMAT.

Why are your US schools on a dream list? I believe you have a very strong candidature for many top US schools (8-20), potentially with Fin Aid.

Ayushi_1 wrote:
The QA percentile is a serious dampener at 69 and the IR is at the edge too (5 -55 percentile). However, I have no plans to retake the exam as I believe that this is very close to the best I can do. I need some serious advice about:

I'm an Indian female.

Bachelors - Financial and Investment Analysis from CBS (DU).

It is a 3 year course? Right? That does put constraints upon your qualifications to many schools though.

Ayushi_1 wrote:
For those who don't know, its a highly competitive course (only about 30 general seats). I got a rank of about 50 out of 15,000 applicants to get in. Scored 70% in the course (not stellar, but not bad either)

Your profile looks strong. If I were you, and I didn't want to risk NTU/ HKUST, I would explore possibilities for a deferred admission with them. Simultaneously, I would carefully analyze which schools accepted 3 year Indian Bachelors (The CFA gives you additional benefits with some), and try my hands at top dream schools in the US, with the security of two good school admissions backing me up.

Feel free to contact for a free detailed evaluation of your profile. PM your resume and achievements.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
StratusMBACounselor wrote:
Ayushi_1 wrote:
Hello Experts!

I think you could be an interesting candidate-- and you won't really know unless you try. If this is something you will always wonder about-- then I would say you should give this a shot. We have had some good success helping candidates present their strongest application on INSEAD-- so if you are interested in getting some guidance to make your application as strong as possible- please reach out to us for a free consult: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/
Profile details:

I'm an Indian female.

There's a lot in here that looks good-- the CFA- the work experience-- the promotions... so be proud and confident!

Thanks a lot for the kind words! My main concern is the sectional split of GMAT. Should I write to the AdCom about not meeting the criteria?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello. I'd like to kindly request you for your two cents on my candidacy for INSEAD. Here goes.

Background:
Chines Sales Manager in Huawei Female
Age 27
GMAT 710
TOEFL 105

Education:
Bachelor of Engineering majoring in Computer Science from Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications in China (Top 5 in Computer Science in China)

Work Experience: Total 5.5 years
Job 1 - Sales Manager in Huawri Philippines for 3 years. I’ve handled business with new Telco during both setting up and closeout phase. Now I’m leading 2 sales supports and 2 solution architect for sales of professional services to No1. Telco in the Philippines, revenue 50M USD per year.
Job2 - Sales support in Huawei HQ, Travel for support projects in Pakistan, Malaysia, Romania and Norway (1- 6 months per stay)

Extra curriculars - Traveling is my passion. Have traveled to over 8 countries 30 plus cities in 4 years (most in a personal capacity). Some volunteer work and sports activities as well (lose 12.5 KG through gym and dietary)

Post MBA Goal - continue my passion for Sales and business development especially in cloud service, since it’s going to help enterprise with digital transformation, dream employers are Amazon/Alibaba/MS etc. Long-term in 15 years is setup consulting firm to help to enterprise in developing countries catch up in tech evolution with transformation strategy, Tech Strategy, purchasing strategy and tactics.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.41
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi,

I would like to apply to INSEAD and wanted to check my profile. Can someone please help?

1. Age = 30
2. Nationality = Indian
3. Work Experience = 8 years, 1 year leading a failed startup, 2 years working as a business analyst at a Fortune-10 company, 3 years working as project manager and an AVP for Project Management in a Fortune-50 organization and 2 years as a project manager leading technology integration at a Fortune-50 org through an acquisition across US and Canada.
4. GMAT Score = 700
5. Educational Background = BS in MIS at NYU CGPA 3.68, PMP Certified
6. Post MBA Goals (Short-Term) = Work in technology strategy organizations such as BCG etc.
7. Post MBA Goals (Long-Term) = get back into Entrepreneurship.

Hopefully this will help in evaluation. Thank you.
ARLee Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions and Career Coaching by INSEAD alum and former Samsung HR Head.
Affiliations: INSEAD MBA'11D (experience as admissions interviewer), SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Read our Verified Client Reviews on GMAT Club:
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi liyanaliyan,

thanks for sharing your profile.

I would say you have a shot at INSEAD. Your experience at Huawei working with Telcos and leading teams, and your international experience definitely give you an edge.

However, as you may know, for a Chinese your GMAT could not be very competitive. Your extra-curriculars are kind of vague so we would need more detail.

In order to increase your chances and distinguished yourself from the competitive Chinese pool of applicants, especially given your GMAT, you will need to find ways to set you apart and stand out.

Feel free to PM me or send me an email with your CV for a more detailed evaluation of your profile.

Good luck!
Alex
ARLee Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions and Career Coaching by INSEAD alum and former Samsung HR Head.
Affiliations: INSEAD MBA'11D (experience as admissions interviewer), SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi anantap,

thank you for sharing your profile. It looks good and with potential.

Your experience working for Fortune-X0 companies is quite solid. And you even have start-up experience. Furthermore, I am assuming all of it has been outside of India, right? In the US and perhaps also Canada?

Also, you graduated from a very well-reputed school such as NYU.

However, your 700 GMAT score puts you in a bit of a disadvantage. The Indian applicant pool is extremely competitive, and your score is even below INSEAD's average. You will need to compensate this with a kick-ass application.

Also, in the application, make sure you have a detailed answer to your long term career goal in entrepreneurship.

Feel free to PM me or send me an email with your CV for a more detailed evaluation of your profile.

Good luck!
Alex
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
thanks for sharing your profile.

I would say you have a shot at INSEAD. Your experience at Huawei working with Telcos and leading teams, and your international experience definitely give you an edge.

However, as you may know, for a Chinese your GMAT could not be very competitive. Your extra-curriculars are kind of vague so we would need more detail.

In order to increase your chances and distinguished yourself from the competitive Chinese pool of applicants, especially given your GMAT, you will need to find ways to set you apart and stand out.

Good luck!
Alex

Thanks Alex, I’ll PM after office hour today. I’m going to retake GMAT this month. What’s the competitive GMAT score for Chinese? Q50 & V37?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.41
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
alexruizlee wrote:
Hi anantap,

thank you for sharing your profile. It looks good and with potential.

Your experience working for Fortune-X0 companies is quite solid. And you even have start-up experience. Furthermore, I am assuming all of it has been outside of India, right? In the US and perhaps also Canada?

Also, you graduated from a very well-reputed school such as NYU.

However, your 700 GMAT score puts you in a bit of a disadvantage. The Indian applicant pool is extremely competitive, and your score is even below INSEAD's average. You will need to compensate this with a kick-ass application.

Also, in the application, make sure you have a detailed answer to your long term career goal in entrepreneurship.

Good luck!
Alex

Thank you so much for your response. Yes my entire experience has been outside of India and mostly in the US. I have also been involved in the United Nations Standby Task Force (online) as a volunteer since 2011, been elected as the Vice-President of student council at NYU, been the founding member and Vice-President of MIS Club at NYU and also a volunteer for Sankara Eye Foundation (NGO) since 2009. I will email you my detailed resume by Monday. Thank you.
ARLee Consulting
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi liyanaliyan,

it's great that you'll retake the GMAT. I would say you'll need to score +750 to be competitive (about 40-50 points above INSEAD's average).

Truth is that GMAT is only one of the admissions criteria and the AdCom takes a more holistic approach when it comes to admissions, but given that the Chinese applicant pool is extremely competitive, a higher GMAT (+750) will increase your chances.

That being said, you'll still need to put together an outstanding application to compete against other applicants with high GMAT and international experience in global companies just like yourself.

I look forward to your PM or email to start a more detailed conversation on your chances for admission.

Thanks!
Alex
ARLee Consulting
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi anantap,

thank you very much for sharing more detail about your work experience and extra-curriculars. This will help when evaluating in more detail your profile and chances of admission.

I look forward to receiving your detailed resume by Monday.

Thanks!
Alex
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Hi All,

I would like to request a profile evaluation for INSEAD. Here are the details:
- Male, Indian, Engineer

- Work Experience: 4.7 years (as of now), 5.5 years (at the time of application)
- Industry: Management Consulting (Healthcare | Financial Services)
- Non branded firms
- Travelled to US once for a month
- Frequently travel to South Africa for 1-3 months trip for Client and Project management
- Have always worked with colleagues from different countries
- I am currently managing a team of 4 junior associates (2 Indian, 1 Chinese, 1 African)
- 1 promotion at my first job (2.5 - 3 years)
- 2 promotions at my second job (less than 2 years)
- Undergrad Extra-curriculars:
- Cultural festival lead, Disciplinary Committee member, Placement office head
- Two Internships i.e. one at a Manufacturing plant and one at IIM Ahmedabad
- Other Extra-curriculars
- Work with the CEO of an NGO with their digital marketing and partnerships team
- Developed multiple case studies for the NGO (highly appreciated by the CEO)
- Supported the engineering team while developing the app for the NGO and also helping in coming up with a new global website for the NGO

Originally posted by ravi1608 on 03 Feb 2018, 01:29.
Last edited by ravi1608 on 19 Jun 2018, 11:17, edited 3 times in total.
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
ravi1608 wrote:
Hi All,

I would like to request a profile evaluation for INSEAD. Here are the details:
- Male, Indian, Engineer
- Education: Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (GPA: 7.76 / 10)
- GMAT: 730 (Q51, V38)

- Work Experience: 4.7 years (as of now), 5.5 years (at the time of application)
- Industry: Management Consulting (Healthcare | Financial Services)
- Non branded firms
- Travelled to US once for a month
- Frequently travel to South Africa for 1-3 months trip for Client and Project management
- Have always worked with colleagues from different countries
- Undergrad Extra-curriculars:
- Cultural festival lead, Disciplinary Committee member, Placement office head
- Two Internships i.e. one at a Manufacturing plant and one at IIM Ahmedabad

Hi ravi1608,

Thanks for sharing your details.

You have a fine GMAT score and the same coupled with professional experience that includes international exposure will add the positive element to your profile :) Having said this, the extra-curriculars are not exceptional and there is no mention of your leadership experience at work. Nonetheless, we suggest that you do apply and spend a fair bit of time working on a set of essays that are truly reflective of your potential and showcase a strong sync between your existing professional experience and future goals. A lot will indeed depend on this.

Should you need to discuss your profile in greater detail, please get in touch with us for a free profile evaluation. :)

All the best! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Send PM
Hi all,
I would like to request a profile evaluation.

- Male, Indian, Engineer + MBA
- Education: Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee (GPA: 7.3 / 10)
Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad(GPA: 3.14/4.33)

- GMAT: 720 (Q50, V37)

- Work Experience: 3 years 5 months
- Industry: Diversified (Healthcare, consumer goods, home building material, Power Sector)
- Companies: NTPC, CK Birla Group
- Working in the leadership program of CK Birla group which offers multi functional experience (Job rotation in terms of group company, geography and function)
- Currently managing a sales branch of 11 million USD and a team of 6.
- Traveled to Shanghai and Beijing to organize a conference during MBA
- Was global Co-President of ShARE (a global student consulting club). Managed 800+ students from 10 countries for 1 year.
- Worked with medical consultants from UK and France. (They came down to India for the project)
- Extra-curricular:
- Part time work with an agency to help students prepare for MBA interviews. Few of the students have got into IIMs and ISB.

Objective for applying to INSEAD:
- Join Management consulting with base location out of India.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  70   
Moderator:
3701 posts