It is currently 23 Jan 2018, 22:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ISB 2018 Intake Class of 2019: Calling all applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.5
CAT Tests
Re: ISB 2018 Intake Class of 2019: Calling all applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2017, 04:27
Can anybody who has been interviewed in this round share their experience, please?
Thanks in advance!!
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Marketing (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2017, 04:38
finally got the invite for Hyd - 25th!! Short notice! Can someone again post the relevant interview tips for ISB?
Thanks!!
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '19 (D)
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2017, 06:49
spc11 wrote:
finally got the invite for Hyd - 25th!! Short notice! Can someone again post the relevant interview tips for ISB?
Thanks!!

Congrats buddy!

What was the interview location you opted for?
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2017, 06:53
Thanks Anuj...I had opted for Hyderabad !

Sent from my A0001 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2017, 07:08
This post received
KUDOS
spc11 wrote:
Thanks Anuj...I had opted for Hyderabad !

Great.. All the best!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.38

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2017, 05:38
Any invites for mohali yet ?
5 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2017, 07:14
This post received
KUDOS
Hi,
Would like to share my interview experience.
I interviewed on 18th November at Mumbai in the afternoon slot. There were around 70 candidates - spread across several time slots and 12 panels, with 2 interviewers in each panel.

Word of advise - reach the venue an hour before your slot, so that you are ready when your turn comes. The registration process is simple - fill your name, passport number and sign before and after the interview. (That's it)

My interviewers were ISB alums (both from Co16). One of them (let's call him A) came over to invite me into the room. He asked me to bring a pen and paper along (which I was carrying in my bag, though we didn't use it). Then as we entered the room, he introduced me to the other panelist (call him B). Both greeted me in a happy mood.

They had gone through my resume and essays thoroughly. 'A' started off with some of the points he noticed in my resume (about my extra-curricular and hobbies). It had piqued his interest, as he shared some of them, so he went on asking questions and cross-questions to understand my level of involvement. I was very confident and answered well here. I think this was largest segment in my interview.

Then B asked me about my work (again details, role and some significant achievements); how I felt about working in teams; then jumped back to the projects that I had worked on. One project had the mention of Saudi Arabia, so then A started asking me about the latest news from SA (just to check my awareness).

We then talked about my short term goal. My plan is to shift from data analytics to marketing. They were trying to assess how firm I was about my goal; my reasons; how I'm planning to make the shift. B then asked me about the beer-diaper syndrome (I read about this some years back, so could answer this).

Finally, they asked the most customary questions of them all - Do you have any questions for us? I sought their advise on maintaining balance in academics and club activities at ISB and which according to them, would help achieve my goal.

Overall, it was a casual interview.

Takeaways - All questions are related to the points mentioned in your resume and essay, so make sure to go through them. Expect some questions such as the Saudi Arabia example I gave above (again this came from my resume).
The interviewers may try to derail your arguments by providing contrary facts. At this point, be calm and state your understanding. (this happened quite a few times while discussing my short term goals).

If you have any specific question, I'm happy to help.
All the best.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2017, 05:59
Just got the email. skype interview scheduled for 28th nov
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2017, 21:41
So technically today is the last day of hope... Any updates?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2017, 04:44
I didn't receive any mail from ISB for interview, but got a call today from someone from the venue inquiring about why i didn't attend the interview. He told that there must have been some communication issue and that I should mail the adcom about it. Anyone faced similar issues or have any insight about what to do next? I have dropped a mail to them and have been trying to reach out by calling but to no avail. Also what's the interview timing for Bangalore location?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.72
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2017, 20:30
sujit75 wrote:
I didn't receive any mail from ISB for interview, but got a call today from someone from the venue inquiring about why i didn't attend the interview. He told that there must have been some communication issue and that I should mail the adcom about it. Anyone faced similar issues or have any insight about what to do next? I have dropped a mail to them and have been trying to reach out by calling but to no avail. Also what's the interview timing for Bangalore location?

Hey Sujit thats not good to hear. I think the interviews start at 10 am and go on till 4 pm.I suppose you should try to make it between this time and check with them.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2017, 21:17
sujit75 wrote:

Did you check your spam folder.? I had received my mail in the spam. Fortunately, a thought went to mind to check my spam just in case and I happened to find the interview invite mail there. And this was a day after I had received the mail. Could have been the situation in your case as well.

Anyhow interview timings are from 10 to 4pm. Just go there and have a word with the AdCom.
4 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2017, 08:37
This post received
KUDOS
Here is my interview experience, if its still of anyone's use:

Reached almost an hour early, there were almost 8-10 candidates for mine and the next slot. It's good to be early as you get comfortable with the atmosphere and the nervousness takes a back seat, at least till you are with the panel.

Coming to the interview...it was almost 15-20 mins later than the allotted time. I was called by an alumni, greeted nicely. There were 3 alumni.

In a matter of 10 secs we were on the questions. First was, tell us about yourself. They eagerly listened to me, so glad.

Then they asked about my ventures and I hope I answered satisfactorily. I had prepared well, but somehow I was quite nervous even though the atmosphere was as friendly as it can get.

After a couple of questions about my work, they asked about short term goal, what role am looking for and my knowledge about it.

Please read about this well. It looks like just another question but they can get into the details of the role and your research in it.

Next they asked about my extra curricular that I had mentioned. How I made a difference in a situation. Impact etc.

And then a few questions to test my presence of mind, my opinion of the industry I was targeting in short term.

They asked me why I want to do one year course. How does it fit, and why a 2nd MBA. I had prepared well for this, I don't know if they were happy with my answer as there was no reaction at all and no cross questions.

Lastly they asked me if I had any questions. I asked. And one of them answered on behalf of all, very nicely and succinctly.
The interview lasted for up to 30 mins. I didn't see the time when I entered but had a fair idea.

Overall, the panel is friendly and aren't looking for faults. They were looking for a match between essays and me. I hope I didn't leave a gap there.
I don't know how it went, there was hardly any emotion there except for nodding while I answered. And a couple of smiles to make me comfortable.

Those experienced can tell me what to take away. As there was almost no cross questioning. I am so anxious now.

Tips for future candidates: prepare your interview per your essays, short term plan. The importance of these can not be over expressed! I didn't make a questionnaire out of my essay, but I think this will make you super confident to tackle questions and you will look genuine. Confidence is the key. Practice practice practice!!!

All the best!!
Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2017, 02:36
I wrote my graduation percentage as 68 while it is 71. Noticed it during my interview. I have already written multiple mails and called so many times to the admission's team and have received no reply. :/ Does anybody know if this can impact a lot and how do I get this corrected.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2017, 06:55
It will hardly make a difference. Don't worry about it...I think you can resolve it once you're admitted. ☺

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2017, 07:52
Sorry to sound like a broken record but has anyone not from india mainland received Skype interview invites ?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 01:52
abhishek6390 wrote:
Guys any calls for international applicants for Skype interview ?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

I got an invite on Skype for 13th Nov. So been a really long wait since then.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 01:57
sharmaanurag wrote:
Sorry to sound like a broken record but has anyone not from india mainland received Skype interview invites ?

Hey, not sure if this is too late, but I got a Skype invite 3 weeks ago. I am based in the UK.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.79

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 05:45
Hey guys,

Good luck for the decisions!

Once you get the admit, please send your admit letter to sarthak.pandey1994@gmail.com and/or abhirup_ab@yahoo.com.

We will add you to the ISB Co2019 group. We already have some seniors, YLP and EEO admits in the group.

Cheers and good luck!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: General Management (Other)

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 10:54
Just got an email from ISB that R1 decisions will be released on December'12th and not tomorrow. Anyone else got a similar email?

One more week of waiting, I guess then!
Re: ISB 2018 Intake Class of 2019: Calling all applicants   [#permalink] 04 Dec 2017, 10:54

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  32    Next  [ 636 posts ] 

ISB 2018 Intake Class of 2019: Calling all applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: mihir0710, warriorguy

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap