GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 24 Feb 2020, 05:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Kellogg non-evaluative call

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.48
Kellogg non-evaluative call  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2020, 08:04
Hi,

Is anybody receiving the non-evaluative call from Kellogg? Thanks

Best Regards,
Randy Gunawan
Intern
Intern
Kellogg non-evaluative call  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 20 Jan 2020, 08:11
Hey there, I am a Kellogg MMM R1 admit to the class of 2022. I would like to clear the air on the non-evaluative calls. Whether you get these calls or not is totally non-indicative of your candidacy.

On the outset, the selection of prospectives getting these calls appears random. Among the Kellogg R1 admits across MMM, 2Y and 1Y, roughly half of us got the call and the other half didn’t. So please don’t overthink this bit.

All the best for your applications, and hope you make it exactly where you wanna be! :)

Edit: I never got a non-evaluative call

Posted from my mobile device

Originally posted by nishantd1993 on 20 Jan 2020, 08:11.
Last edited by nishantd1993 on 20 Jan 2020, 08:11, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q162 V168
GPA: 3.66
Re: Kellogg non-evaluative call  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2020, 08:11
wuhuihong wrote:
Hi,

Is anybody receiving the non-evaluative call from Kellogg? Thanks

Best Regards,
Randy Gunawan

Just a heads up, the non-evaluative call doesn’t necessarily mean anything. I didn’t receive the call or a dinner invite and I still got in. Have faith in your app and interview :)

Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2020, 08:27
Hi.

The interview invite says please send your resume to your interviewer prior to your interview. How well in advance should you send your resume. I have an interview tomorrow and also isint it a blind interview? I thought in a blind interview you present your resume at the time of meeting only??

Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2020, 09:14
I've received the email about the call as well. Not sure what to make of it but the email seems really warm. If anyone already had the chat, it would be great to hear what you discussed.
Current Student
G
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2020, 09:20
wwang252 wrote:
I've received the email about the call as well. Not sure what to make of it but the email seems really warm. If anyone already had the chat, it would be great to hear what you discussed.

As others have mentioned, Kellogg has been doing a lot of these "non-evaluative" things lately, like dinners, calls, etc. but generally it is a poor predictor of acceptance. I would attend but ignore them as a "signal" of any sort. I am a current student and never got one of these invites. In addition from what I have heard from my classmates, admissions outcomes from those who did get them were a mixed bag.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2020, 09:24
FuturePM91 wrote:
wwang252 wrote:

As others have mentioned, Kellogg has been doing a lot of these "non-evaluative" things lately, like dinners, calls, etc. but generally it is a poor predictor of acceptance. I would attend but ignore them as a "signal" of any sort. I am a current student and never got one of these invites. In addition from what I have heard from my classmates, admissions outcomes from those who did get them were a mixed bag.

Thank you. I'll keep focusing on preparing for the actual interview.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2020, 09:29
wwang252 wrote:

As others have said, the call likely isn't a great predictor of admission (I received the email before I even submitted my application, although it was in progress / I had submitted my official GMAT score). However, I do think it was helpful in providing a connection to the school / getting more targeted information, which can only be helpful later.

In my call, topics included:
-Why I was applying to MBA programs and why Kellogg
-What other programs I was applying to (they clearly wrote this down, but my hunch is that it's tracked for outreach purposes later, i.e. "these are the advantages we have over X program", vs. used to gauge how serious you are about Kellogg based on the relative ranking of other programs you're applying to).
-Talked through some questions I had about the interview process, specific programs at Kellogg, etc.
-Connecting with a current Kellogg student

Afterwards, I was sent a bunch of links to helpful information and connected to a Kellogg student. Hopefully that helps!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2020, 07:58
StatsMBA wrote:
wwang252 wrote:

As others have said, the call likely isn't a great predictor of admission (I received the email before I even submitted my application, although it was in progress / I had submitted my official GMAT score). However, I do think it was helpful in providing a connection to the school / getting more targeted information, which can only be helpful later.

In my call, topics included:
-Why I was applying to MBA programs and why Kellogg
-What other programs I was applying to (they clearly wrote this down, but my hunch is that it's tracked for outreach purposes later, i.e. "these are the advantages we have over X program", vs. used to gauge how serious you are about Kellogg based on the relative ranking of other programs you're applying to).
-Talked through some questions I had about the interview process, specific programs at Kellogg, etc.
-Connecting with a current Kellogg student

Afterwards, I was sent a bunch of links to helpful information and connected to a Kellogg student. Hopefully that helps!

That's great. Thank you for the tips. I agree that it does provide an extra point of connection to the school as I've never met them or spoke to them in my city.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Kellogg non-evaluative call   [#permalink] 28 Jan 2020, 07:58

Kellogg non-evaluative call

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Lekoben, tanmay1392