GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Oct 2019, 05:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Pearson Vue injustice

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
B
CAT Tests
Pearson Vue injustice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2019, 17:53
Dear everyone,

This morning I finally had my GMAT, for which I have been preparing for a few hundred hours; however, the coordinators at the center in Seoul refused to authenticate my identity on the account that my passport had 3 middle names that do not appear on my GMAT profile!

I even brought 3 Additional ID's with me and reminded them of my taking the GMAT before without any problem, but the coordinators, determined not to apply basic common sense, gently directed me toward the exit "Rules are the rules: Only passport /all names must match".

But the rules of the Pearson Vue ID policy, available on the internet (https://home.pearsonvue.com/policies/gmac) clearly stipulate that only the First and Last name must match. I am lost guys!

I need not overemphasize the magnitude of the frustration it is causing me, I imagine anybody who has prepared an exam for so long can empathize with me...

What do you recommend me to do guys? Can I expect to negotiate a refund in this case?

Thank you.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
Status: PhD-trained. Education, Research, Teaching, Training, Consulting and Advisory Services
CAT Tests
Pearson Vue injustice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2019, 18:47
EpilepticLearner wrote:
Dear everyone,

This morning I finally had my GMAT, for which I have been preparing for a few hundred hours; however, the coordinators at the center in Seoul refused to authenticate my identity on the account that my passport had 3 middle names that do not appear on my GMAT profile!

I even brought 3 Additional ID's with me and reminded them of my taking the GMAT before without any problem, but the coordinators, determined not to apply basic common sense, gently directed me toward the exit "Rules are the rules: Only passport /all names must match".

But the rules of the Pearson Vue ID policy, available on the internet (https://home.pearsonvue.com/policies/gmac) clearly stipulate that only the First and Last name must match. I am lost guys!

I need not overemphasize the magnitude of the frustration it is causing me, I imagine anybody who has prepared an exam for so long can empathize with me...

What do you recommend me to do guys? Can I expect to negotiate a refund in this case?

Thank you.

Terrible experience. Sympathies.

As first step, you should approach GMAC and show them the policy that states only matching first and last names are sufficient. Also describe how you were diligent and had brought with you additional IDs.

One can understand the test center's position. If they don't enforce policy even if that is misunderstood, they may get penalized. Unfortunately, testtakers are having to bear the brunt in many cases.

Lastly, you may have a good legal case since you weren't in the wrong. But I suggest working with the test administrators first. Cheers.

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Pearson Vue injustice  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2019, 19:06
Sorry to hear about that. That’s definitely annoying. Your best bet is reaching out to GMAC and getting this clarified. The center could have been confused and inexperienced.

Posted from my mobile device

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...

Discover Your Admit Options with Decision Tracker Filters!
Manager
Manager
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2019, 01:11
Thank you for your answers guys,
I sent a mail to GMAC yesterday explaining my situation.
I will keep you informed.
Manager
Manager
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2019, 05:23
MBA.com just decided to ignore me. I wrote three long mails since last week, they have not even bothered to reply to one of them. Great.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: HBS '22, Booth '22
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 2.3
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2019, 18:38
EpilepticLearner wrote:
MBA.com just decided to ignore me. I wrote three long mails since last week, they have not even bothered to reply to one of them. Great.

I would give them a call. They're usually quite helpful and accommodating when you can get a person on the phone.
Manhattan Prep Instructor
G
GMAT 1: 790 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2019, 12:02
EpilepticLearner wrote:
Dear everyone,

Thank you.

This seems like a mistake on the part of the testing center. I'd strongly recommend that you call GMAC.

Chelsey Cooley | Manhattan Prep | Seattle and Online

My latest GMAT blog posts | Suggestions for blog articles are always welcome!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Pearson Vue injustice   [#permalink] 08 Oct 2019, 12:02

Pearson Vue injustice

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep