It is currently 18 Dec 2017, 10:56

Final Week of R1 Decisions:

CHAT Rooms | MIT Sloan | McCombs 

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Poets and Quants preMBA Networking Festival?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 7

Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
GPA: 2.93
Poets and Quants preMBA Networking Festival? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2016, 21:30
One of the schools I got accepted to sent me this.
"I hope you are well! I am writing to share an exciting pre-MBA networking opportunity with you.

Poets & Quants Pre-MBA Networking Festival 2016
When: Thursday, May 5, 2016 - Friday, May 6, 2016
Where: New York City
Who is eligible to apply: Fall 2016 MBA Admits

Please visit the Pre-MBA Networking Festival website for more details, an agenda, and information on how to apply for admission to the event. "

Is anyone else considering this? Attendance is $250.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 7

Expert Post
Board of Directors
B

Kudos [?]: 575 [0], given: 345

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Poets and Quants preMBA Networking Festival? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2016, 08:02
I saw this opportunity. It looks fun but it also seems expensive.

I would personally rather save that $$ and get to know people from my admitted students class (via Facebook, Google Groups ... whatever platform your school prefers). If you want to get to know people in your area who are also going to business school, again check Facebook or even MeetUp for your options (sometimes events float around) or you could arrange a GC meet up if you're inclined to meet random people from the Internet.

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Note: I do not complete individual profile reviews. Please use the Admissions Consultant or Peer Review forums to get feedback on your profile.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 575 [0], given: 345

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2016, 08:49
This is a truly unique event. The person who replied here is misinformed. The primary purpose of the event is to help MBA admits get the best possible ROI from the program they are about the enter. Admits who come to NYC for this festival will be able to go to the offices of world class companies and hear from senior executives and partners on what it's like for MBAs to work in those organizations. You'll get the chance to make highly valuable connections with these companies in an ideal environment that is not like the cattle call on campus. And the firms agreeing to present to and meet with admits is absolutely first rate: McKinsey, Bain, BCG, Deloitte, Accenture Strategy, PwC, Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan Chase, Morgan Stanley, Citi, Bank of America, Amazon, LinkedIn, PepsiCo, Aneuuser-Busch InBev, Pfizer, the SEC, CommonBond and more. If you're interested in using the MBA experience as an incubator for an entrepreneurial venture, there's also a startup track to meet with recently graduated MBAs who have started companies in New York.

It's a unique opportunity to get on the radar earlier than ever before with key people in these companies. Our opening reception will be at NYU's Stern School where a panel of execs will talk about MBA career tracks in their industries, a well-known and highly popular MBA career coach will present as will a stand-up comic. The closing meet-up will be held on the 50th floor of JP Morgan's headquarters building in NYC, giving everyone the chance for one-on-one sessions with executives and partners. Lunch is included in the price and several of our host companies will be sponsoring luncheons for guests.

Among the speakers will be McKinsey's Yael Taqqu, a partner and director in the firm's New York office who consults in digital media and marketing, as well as product strategy, conceptualization, and commercialization, and J.P. Morgan's Jennifer Nason, global chairman of investment banking.

At $250, with two evening receptions and cocktail parties, lunch, and direct and immediate access to key players in MBA hiring along with members of the Class of 2018 at a wide variety of the very best schools, this is the biggest bargain you will find of your MBA experience.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 3

Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q39 V41
GPA: 3.15
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2016, 10:00
Bumping this as I'm considering the festival for 2017...

Has anyone attended that can provide a review? Is it worth the time and money? There are a few other pre-MBA conferences/events that I'm looking at - this one being the most expensive.

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.41

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2017, 04:01
I can't really answer your question with facts but my view is that it is worth it.

I'll be attending this spring, flying from London!

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 43

GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2017, 10:07
lily2true wrote:
Bumping this as I'm considering the festival for 2017...

Has anyone attended that can provide a review? Is it worth the time and money? There are a few other pre-MBA conferences/events that I'm looking at - this one being the most expensive.

Yes, please, if somebody on this forum has attended this even last year do share your experience.

Based on what they put on their page on Poets&Quants it looks like it was a great event. But I'm confused why there's little information about this year's planned events for this festival.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 43

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 17

Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: Duke '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.84

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2017, 11:26
And what do you think about other events? for example, JumpStart - is it worth money and time?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 17

Re: Poets and Quants preMBA Networking Festival?   [#permalink] 04 Jun 2017, 11:26

Poets and Quants preMBA Networking Festival?

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap