Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 02:26 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 02:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72918 [53]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4101 [2]
Given Kudos: 242
Concentration: Sustainability, Marketing
GMAT Focus 1:
545 Q79 V79 DI73
GPA: 4
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72918 [2]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4101 [1]
Given Kudos: 242
Concentration: Sustainability, Marketing
GMAT Focus 1:
545 Q79 V79 DI73
GPA: 4
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Focus Edition - Everything You Need to Know [#permalink]
Kudos
From the official website it feels as if this gmat Focus will be just another exam option but not replacement of existing gmat pattern..
I guess the gmat Focus might be for MiM courses or something specific like wise EA is for executive MBA..

https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat-focus-ed ... ng-page-og

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Archit3110 wrote:
From the official website it feels as if this gmat Focus will be just another exam option but not replacement of existing gmat pattern..
I guess the gmat Focus might be for MiM courses or something specific like wise EA is for executive MBA..

https://www.mba.com/exams/gmat-focus-ed ... ng-page-og

What made you feel that it was another option? I thought it was pretty transparent they are discontinuing the current GMAT and replacing it with the new "Focus"...

Looking Forward
The current version of the GMAT™ exam will continue to be available until early next year to facilitate your in-progress preparation and applications for business school. Rest assured, GMAT™ Official Prep will be available to support you in achieving success on either version of the GMAT.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72918 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
This sounds very much like the EA by the way: sections that you can go through questions and change your answers, shorter format, and no essay. Perhaps they are just deploying EA and calling it a GMAT Focus?
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32896 [4]
Given Kudos: 4456
Send PM
Kudos
Top Contributor
To me, all this is just "smoke in your eyes" or "smoke on the water" which sounds better :cool:

It, essentially, will be shorter than before due to the awa. The fact that you can change up to 3 answers will not change your score dramatically Moreover I have huge reservations about to go back and forth in searching the question I am not sure of. Considering also that even if I picked it wrong and after then right will not change my score dramatically.

another consideration about this last point, since ever the GMAT is a "one-way" exam: from the beginning to the very last question. The above will not change that much.

Shortest GMAT Ever
Nearly one hour shorter than before.

Nothing groundbreaking, or maybe yes ...........

Studying Streamlined
Reduced content to study means less to prep.

(aside the fact that the TO should be avoided) we do have the exam that still aims to be the best for the BS, on one hand, and on the other hand they are almost suggesting that will be easier ? They believe to be the gold standard (probably they still are) but the exam will be a joke ? How ? in the last years the candidates who had 700+ increased by 15 %.......all has a fishy odor

No Essay Section
This means all questions on the exam are multiple-choice.

this is the BEST news so far: finally they understood NOT to waste the students' time

Easier Score Sending
After you know your score (and not before) send it to 5 schools for free!

Just marketing

Classroom-Ready Content
Three sections that only focus on relevant business skills.

Just marketing part II

Personalized Insights
Improved Official Score Report with detailed performance insights.

Marketing part III

All the above is the reflection of a new world where everything is faster, more complicated, and more messy. They at least are trying to do something. Maybe they are trying to catch up on something that is already well ahead and hoping to survive.

Regards
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I love your feedback and a good laugh at the marketing assessment carcass.

I am curious to see if this will be a marketing move more than anything.

PS. We have reached out to GMAC with some questions and for more information, inviting them to conduct a webinar about the changes to the test. I will let you know what we hear back 😊

Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32896 [0]
Given Kudos: 4456
Send PM
Top Contributor
bb wrote:
I love your feedback and a good laugh at the marketing assessment carcass.

I am curious to see if this will be a marketing move more than anything.

PS. We have reached out to GMAC with some questions and for more information, inviting them to conduct a webinar about the changes to the test. I will let you know what we hear back 😊

I do believe will be worth the wait to hear back from them.

I think that this move, regardless of the final consistency, will shake up all the things that gravitate around the exams for the schools after the pandemic (we do not need more of these stuff, waiving, and so on)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi All,

These upcoming changes to the GMAT certainly make it appear that the GMAT is going to look a bit more like the EA. We noticed earlier this week that the OG2023 listings were removed from Amazon, Wiley, mba.com, etc. - so now we know why. As BB has pointed out, there are lots of 'unknowns' at this point, but it's likely that the concepts that will be 'tested' on this new GMAT won't deviate much from what appears on the current version of the Test (but I'd expect certain concepts to be removed as they don't matter much to Business Schools and beyond).

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
They've mentioned "Rest assured, GMAT™ Official Prep will be available to support you in achieving success on either version of the GMAT." so hopefully that won't affect student prep too much.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72918 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Interesting enough, Walmart still has a cover and a product page for the OG 2023-2024 with the full description:

It has/had only 650 questions 😱
The publication date is still March 28, 2023, so this is the one that has been nixed. Interesting it had only 650 questions. Was it planned to have the shorter test all along? 🤷‍♂️
I know the short test ideas were tested 18 months ago and nothing seemed to have come of them ... until now that is.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/GMAT-Officia ... 1611331772

Attachment:
Og2023.jpeg
Og2023.jpeg [ 54.74 KiB | Viewed 59664 times ]

Your GMAT(TM) Official Guide 2023-2024: Book + Online Question Bank offers comprehensive practice authored by the Graduate Management Admissions Council(TM) (GMAC(TM)), including hundreds of questions in your book across quantitative and verbal reasoning topics. Every question includes detailed answer explanations from the makers of the real exam, so you can be sure you will be prepared to succeed on test day.

Read through essential verbal and quantitative review chapters, browse quick reference sheets for important quantitative formulas, and test your knowledge of each exam section with practice questions organized by difficulty level--easy, medium, and hard.

You'll get:

Official practice questions from real, past GMAT(TM) exams in your book and Online Question Bank.
Additional questions EXCLUSIVE to your Online Question Bank.
Thorough and accessible review chapters for each exam section so you can familiarize yourself with the overall exam structure, timing, and optimal test-taking strategies.
A Diagnostic Evaluation so you can identify your baseline understanding of GMAT(TM) exam material.
Digital flashcards and games (NEW!) available online as well as via mobile app to test your concept retention.
GMAT Official Guide 2023-2024: Book + Online Question Bank (Paperback)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [2]
Given Kudos: 51
Send PM
Kudos