It is currently 23 Jun 2017, 17:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Which Course to chose?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
B
Schools: ISB '20 (WD)
GMAT 1: 610 Q38 V35
GPA: 3.82
Which Course to chose? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 05:17
Hi,

I will be appearing for my GMAT exam in January 2017. I am confused regarding choosing the 5 colleges to which I want to send my score to.

What should be the basic criteria for selection? My background is that I am a law undergrad with a little under 2 years of experience and average GPA.

I wish to pursue public policy majors but am confused regarding the route to take. Does a regular full time MBA provide an opportunity to study public policy/public administration? or is joint degree (MPP/MBA) the only option? What is the cost and ROI difference in regular MBA and a dual degree programme.

I also want to know the job prospects in terms of public policy major/MPP-MBA dual degree in comparison with regular MBA.

Also, could anyone suggest what other major would be more suitable for my profile if not Public Policy or a dual degree MPP-MBA?

Thanks

Consider giving me Kudos if you find my posts useful, challenging and helpful!

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
S
Re: Which Course to chose? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2016, 19:38
You will have to do some research to identify which schools offer this joint degree program. Generally, if you have an avg GPA you want to be at or slightly above the GMAT avg of the schools you target. But start by finding programs that fit your needs then look at the avg scores to figure out what you should be targeting

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2017, 00:52
What is your target/actual GMAT score?
There are a lot of programs out there, not necessarily dual degrees, that provide insight into public policy.

Please feel free to get in touch with us regarding applications and profile evaluation after you take your GMAT.

Best Regards
TugBuck Assistance
Email - tugbuck@outlook.com

Please give a KUDOS if you like our post!

Expert Post
Admissionado
S
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2017, 01:25
ashikaverma13 wrote:
Hi,

I will be appearing for my GMAT exam in January 2017. I am confused regarding choosing the 5 colleges to which I want to send my score to.

What should be the basic criteria for selection? My background is that I am a law undergrad with a little under 2 years of experience and average GPA.

I wish to pursue public policy majors but am confused regarding the route to take. Does a regular full time MBA provide an opportunity to study public policy/public administration? or is joint degree (MPP/MBA) the only option? What is the cost and ROI difference in regular MBA and a dual degree programme.

I also want to know the job prospects in terms of public policy major/MPP-MBA dual degree in comparison with regular MBA.

Also, could anyone suggest what other major would be more suitable for my profile if not Public Policy or a dual degree MPP-MBA?

Thanks

Basically you send the scores to the schools you will apply to. If you haven't researched that enough, then you will just have to add schools later (although this costs a bit).

Best,
Jon

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | School Guides | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Re: Which Course to chose?   [#permalink] 25 Jan 2017, 01:25