Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:24 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 68
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2103 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
Send PM
Re: 1st attempt - 2 reschedules, 6 months later, a 740 (Q49, V42) [#permalink]
anansak123 wrote:
Hello,

I've been lurking on this forum since the beginning of this year. I began considering the GMAT in early 2018 and bought the OG as is custom. I never bothered to open it or do any serious prep. In the middle of 2018, I decided enough was enough and went for a Magoosh Premium subscription. Loved their content, especially for QA. Despite being good at Verbal, I found myself floundering when it came to Critical Reasoning and RC. Took the Egmat Verbal online course as well.
- My first slot was booked for April 6/7 but I ended up fracturing my foot and postponed the exam
- The second slot was for June and I found myself hesitant to go ahead.

I finally booked for a slot on July 11. My MGMAT scores were fluctating between 610-660. I got 690,710 on the official software and a 710 on Economist but I was so sure I'd not get a 700+ that when the screen finally flashed a 740, I couldn't believe my eyes! My Quant was super easy and I've GMAT club tests to thank for. They were super hard and that in a way prepared me to expect the worst. A special thanks to Buenel and all the other members who've painstakingly put out quality content year after year. Please feel free to hit me up if you have any queries.

Congrats on a getting a very nice score on GMAT. Thanks for sharing the debrief. All the best for the applications.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Send PM
Thanks, Aniriddha.
- I went for Quant first because I'm quite weak at it despite being an engineer. I went through the MGMAT textbooks for quant to build the basics. Magoosh lessons as well.
- For Verbal, I used Egmat which I found much better than Magoosh
- I would prep for 2-3 hours on weekdays but very erratically. Weekends I wanted to prep for longer hours but I hardly did more than 4-5 hours
- I took the MGMAT mocks.
- The eGMAT Scholaranium questions were pretty helpful
- For the final exam though, I was dazed. A lot of it was sheer intuition. The magoosh quant, gmatprep software's questions and egmat verbal SC questions were closer in line to what was asked.[/quote]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Congratulations on your score. Please what are your quant and verbal scores on the exam? All the best. Cheers

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Sammysat wrote:
Congratulations on your score. Please what are your quant and verbal scores on the exam? All the best. Cheers

Posted from my mobile device

Hey! Thanks. I scored a V42, Q49 in my exam. Hope that answers your query.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 770 Q60 V60
GPA: 4
Send PM
That's a fantastic, perfectly balanced score, anansak123! Very well done. Good luck with your applications!!!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts