It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 22:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Oct 2016
Posts: 52

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
Schools: CBS '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2016, 13:53
wahaha04 wrote:
anyone has an idea about the timeline of the regular decision pool? am just anxious here because just got several dings...


Man i honestly think you're still like 2 months out. I submitted ED on the 4th or 5th and am expecting like 3-4 weeks. After that point they start reviewing RD on a rolling basis so if you submitted towards the end of RD you may be well into Dec./Jan. before you hear.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Feb 2014
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.82
WE: Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2016, 15:06
anon44444 wrote:
wahaha04 wrote:
anyone has an idea about the timeline of the regular decision pool? am just anxious here because just got several dings...


Man i honestly think you're still like 2 months out. I submitted ED on the 4th or 5th and am expecting like 3-4 weeks. After that point they start reviewing RD on a rolling basis so if you submitted towards the end of RD you may be well into Dec./Jan. before you hear.


Yeah I applied to ED 3 weeks ago, and I'm expecting another 1-2 week wait at least.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Posts: 35

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 1

Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2016, 08:53
Submitted ED last week of September around 9/29 - still waiting.

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
User avatar
B
Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 160

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2016, 08:54
It's probably going to be a while. They will have to get through all of the ED applicants first, which will probably go through mid- to the end of November since Thanksgiving is in there.

wahaha04 wrote:
anyone has an idea about the timeline of the regular decision pool? am just anxious here because just got several dings...

_________________

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2012
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.53
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2016, 11:08
Hello,

Sorry for the late report. I got the call from CBS last month. Here is my timeline:

Applied - July 28
Interview Invite - Aug 19th
Interview - Sep 10 (There were a few scheduling issues)
Feedback Submitted - Sep 11th
Acceptance - Sep 13th

Good Luck to all the applicants!!!!

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Feb 2014
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.82
WE: Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2016, 09:32
Applied on 9/24, was just dinged.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Oct 2016
Posts: 52

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
Schools: CBS '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2016, 09:38
Zoomwalt wrote:
Applied on 9/24, was just dinged.


Mind providing a little background? Assuming you did ED. How many years W/E?

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 31 Jul 2016
Posts: 58

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 2

Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.35
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2016, 15:56
Zoomwalt wrote:
Applied on 9/24, was just dinged.


Wow I'm shocked they wouldn't give someone with your numbers even an interview. That's tough man but I'm sure you'll get in somewhere good with those stats. Good luck to you.

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Feb 2014
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.82
WE: Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2016, 23:09
columbiahopeful wrote:
Zoomwalt wrote:
Applied on 9/24, was just dinged.


Wow I'm shocked they wouldn't give someone with your numbers even an interview. That's tough man but I'm sure you'll get in somewhere good with those stats. Good luck to you.

Posted from my mobile device


Thanks. I'm already mentally bracing for 3 more dings and gearing up to reapply next year. I actually think another year of work experience will help me a lot.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Oct 2016
Posts: 52

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
Schools: CBS '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2016, 06:58
Submitted on the 4th for ED and just got an invite via email today on the 18th. GMAT 750+ GPA 3.5+ WE 6-8 years

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Mar 2016
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: CBS '19
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2016, 07:07
anon44444 wrote:
Submitted on the 4th for ED and just got an invite via email today on the 18th. GMAT 750+ GPA 3.5+ WE 6-8 years


Does it mean that people applied before 4th are more or less dinged?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 22

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Location: Canada
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2016, 07:11
anon44444 wrote:
Submitted on the 4th for ED and just got an invite via email today on the 18th. GMAT 750+ GPA 3.5+ WE 6-8 years


Congrats - I got my invite too! I submitted on the 4th for ED as well.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Dec 2014
Posts: 23

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V44
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2016, 07:30
I applied on 09/30...... nothing yet. I guess it is the end

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Oct 2016
Posts: 13

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2016, 07:31
robintoronto wrote:
anon44444 wrote:
Submitted on the 4th for ED and just got an invite via email today on the 18th. GMAT 750+ GPA 3.5+ WE 6-8 years


Congrats - I got my invite too! I submitted on the 4th for ED as well.


Same here! Hopefully I can get through this round

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 02 May 2016
Posts: 108

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.35
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2016, 08:11
I don't think people who applied before the 4th are dinged. It could be certain applications are reviewed by a certain committee member, based on location/industry/ambitions/etc.

And someone is still getting through their batch of applications, even for people who applied before the 4th.

PS: I applied on the 5th, i.e. just before deadline

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Dec 2014
Posts: 23

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V44
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2016, 08:33
KronicXD wrote:
I don't think people who applied before the 4th are dinged. It could be certain applications are reviewed by a certain committee member, based on location/industry/ambitions/etc.

And someone is still getting through their batch of applications, even for people who applied before the 4th.

PS: I applied on the 5th, i.e. just before deadline


But that will defeat the purpose of a rolling basis. Don't know ......I hope what you are stating is indeed true.

Fingers Crossed

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Expert Post
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
User avatar
B
Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 160

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2016, 08:38
It could also be that the ED applicants who submitted earlier than those who have already gotten invites are being held for further comparison against other candidates in similar "buckets" (industry/role/demographic), especially since I'm sure a big wave of ED applicants came in right before the deadline. My guess would be that perhaps those who have more direct competition -- because they are in over-represented buckets -- are the ones being held for compare/contrast purposes. Or maybe it has to do with alum-interview availability based on location. But it's anyone's guess, really! If you haven't gotten a ding, you're still in the game -- so keep hope alive.


punter89 wrote:
KronicXD wrote:
I don't think people who applied before the 4th are dinged. It could be certain applications are reviewed by a certain committee member, based on location/industry/ambitions/etc.

And someone is still getting through their batch of applications, even for people who applied before the 4th.

PS: I applied on the 5th, i.e. just before deadline


But that will defeat the purpose of a rolling basis. Don't know ......I hope what you are stating is indeed true.

Fingers Crossed

_________________

I've been an admissions consultant with Stacy Blackman Consulting since 2008. I went to Harvard Business School for my MBA and Michigan Ross for my BBA. I have helped clients gain acceptance into all of the top programs and am a big believer in letting your voice and your personality shine through in your application materials. Best of luck!

Interested in a free 30-minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: http://stacyblackman.com/contact

Erika Olson | Stacy Blackman Consulting Inc | http://www.StacyBlackman.com

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Oct 2016
Posts: 52

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
Schools: CBS '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2016, 08:43
SBCErikaOlson wrote:
It could also be that the ED applicants who submitted earlier than those who have already gotten invites are being held for further comparison against other candidates in similar "buckets" (industry/role/demographic), especially since I'm sure a big wave of ED applicants came in right before the deadline. My guess would be that perhaps those who have more direct competition -- because they are in over-represented buckets -- are the ones being held for compare/contrast purposes. Or maybe it has to do with alum-interview availability based on location. But it's anyone's guess, really! If you haven't gotten a ding, you're still in the game -- so keep hope alive.


punter89 wrote:
KronicXD wrote:
I don't think people who applied before the 4th are dinged. It could be certain applications are reviewed by a certain committee member, based on location/industry/ambitions/etc.

And someone is still getting through their batch of applications, even for people who applied before the 4th.

PS: I applied on the 5th, i.e. just before deadline


But that will defeat the purpose of a rolling basis. Don't know ......I hope what you are stating is indeed true.

Fingers Crossed



What % of the overall app. is tied to the interview? I'm hoping that if they got back to me in two weeks with an invite that they are very interested. Trying to pump myself up!!

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 May 2014
Posts: 87

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 21

Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2016, 12:37
Anyone who applied the 5th hear back? I've seen people who applied the 4th get interviews but nobody on the 5th.

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 21

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Mar 2016
Posts: 15

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2016, 17:29
mbaapplicantjim2016 wrote:
robintoronto wrote:
anon44444 wrote:
Submitted on the 4th for ED and just got an invite via email today on the 18th. GMAT 750+ GPA 3.5+ WE 6-8 years


Congrats - I got my invite too! I submitted on the 4th for ED as well.


Same here! Hopefully I can get through this round



Congrats to all with interviews so far!! Were you notified just in the portal or did you get an email that your status had changed, or even an email that you received an interview?

Currently stalking my portal every few hours..... :oops:

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019   [#permalink] 18 Oct 2016, 17:29

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  28    Next  [ 548 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: bagdbmba



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.